Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further Transfer Targets 11:56 - May 6 with 3181 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Really draining season ended on a really good high yesterday, really enjoyed the game, both sets of fans added to a great atmosphere.

Now over to what should a restructuring of a summer. PL said he will be letting players now on their future today if I recall right. But with 6 loans, and 8 or so players with expiring contracts. The squad will be trimmed, still think we require around 4 or 5 players in the right areas and of right quality.

Saw Sheff Wednesday released list yesterday.

Gary Hooper? - out of our price range now? Proven goalscorer nevertheless. 198 career goals in 453 games. Best spell at Celtic with 138 games (82 goals & 30 assists) but also had a very good spell at Scunthorpe in League 1, 90 games (47 goals & 7 assists). Obviously has his budgie connections where he scored 20 goals (and 8 assists) in 70 appearances.
31 years old but quite possibly mid/low championship teams will look at it him first.

Daniel Pudil? - another Sheff Wed released player, reaction seems to be quite upset they are letting go. 33 years old now, but has a wealth of experience in English football now with Watford and Sheffield Wednesday. In addition to his 200 English football appearances, he has now racked up just shy of 500 professional appearances, 150 of which with KRC Genk as well as 35 international caps with the Czech Republic.
Could be a very shrewd bit of business, left-back area certainly one we will need to recruit in in the summer.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Further Transfer Targets on 12:08 - May 6 with 3125 viewsMrTown

Hooper and Norwood, now that would get you goals.

Fear Hooper is out price range and will probably be looked at by a Forest/Preston/Hull type of side.

Pudil is not a bad shout though, hell a unit and as you say has a vast amount of experience in English football now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Further Transfer Targets on 12:11 - May 6 with 3106 viewsGarv

Further Transfer Targets on 12:08 - May 6 by MrTown

Hooper and Norwood, now that would get you goals.

Fear Hooper is out price range and will probably be looked at by a Forest/Preston/Hull type of side.

Pudil is not a bad shout though, hell a unit and as you say has a vast amount of experience in English football now.

Good strikers but they'll need service. We really need a winger or two.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Further Transfer Targets on 12:15 - May 6 with 3090 viewsFixed_It

Further Transfer Targets on 12:11 - May 6 by Garv

We have Edwards. We have Rowe. We have Lankaster. We won't be recruiting many players this summer. Those who expect an influx are going to be disappointed.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Further Transfer Targets on 12:19 - May 6 with 3069 viewsWeWereZombies

Further Transfer Targets on 12:15 - May 6 by Fixed_It

We have Edwards. We have Rowe. We have Lankaster. We won't be recruiting many players this summer. Those who expect an influx are going to be disappointed.

Didn't Lambert say just one or two in his interview last week? The aim is to slim the squad down.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Further Transfer Targets on 12:19 - May 6 with 3068 viewsMrTown

Further Transfer Targets on 12:11 - May 6 by Garv

True, as all strikers do.

With Judge/ Lankester/Edwards and possibly Rowe thats arguably more than enough though. Add Sears back into in October/Novemeber that should be more than enough in them areas, our priorities must be elsewhere.

Further Transfer Targets on 12:22 - May 6 with 3050 viewsMrTown

Agreed, when you work on our financial constraints you have to prioritise. First and foremost we would all agree a goalscorer is required.

Then our defense needs recruitment.

Wingers for me will be way down the list.

Further Transfer Targets on 12:27 - May 6 with 3001 viewsMrTown

Further Transfer Targets on 12:19 - May 6 by WeWereZombies

Didn't Lambert say just one or two in his interview last week? The aim is to slim the squad down.

Think he did actually, although it will probably be more like 3/4.

2 permanent ( Striker and Right-Back), 2 loans (Left-back and Goalkeeper).

That's obviously my opinion, but you do tend to find that League 1 clubs loan in Goalkeepers from the Premier League, most maybe most successfully Dean Henderson at Shrewsbury last year.

Plucking names off the top of my head, I heard that Jack Butland is moving to Bournemouth in the summer, possibly Begovic returning the other way. Don't know if anyone saw Mark Travers debut against Spurs on Saturday but wow, looks a talent. But they also have England u-21 international Aaron Ramsdale there as well who has been at Wimbledon on loan this season as well.
Conor Ripley from Preston (formerly Accrington comes to mind likewise).

Further Transfer Targets on 12:28 - May 6 with 2988 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Further Transfer Targets on 12:27 - May 6 by MrTown

Think he did actually, although it will probably be more like 3/4.

2 permanent ( Striker and Right-Back), 2 loans (Left-back and Goalkeeper).

That's obviously my opinion, but you do tend to find that League 1 clubs loan in Goalkeepers from the Premier League, most maybe most successfully Dean Henderson at Shrewsbury last year.

Plucking names off the top of my head, I heard that Jack Butland is moving to Bournemouth in the summer, possibly Begovic returning the other way. Don't know if anyone saw Mark Travers debut against Spurs on Saturday but wow, looks a talent. But they also have England u-21 international Aaron Ramsdale there as well who has been at Wimbledon on loan this season as well.
Conor Ripley from Preston (formerly Accrington comes to mind likewise).

Saw someone else mention Aaron Ramsdale.

Wasn't Connor Ripley the goalkeeper who played for Accrington when we played them in the cup earlier in the season

Login to get fewer ads

Further Transfer Targets on 12:32 - May 6 with 2949 viewsMrTown

Further Transfer Targets on 12:28 - May 6 by TheTrueBlue1878

Saw someone else mention Aaron Ramsdale.

Wasn't Connor Ripley the goalkeeper who played for Accrington when we played them in the cup earlier in the season

He was, moved to Preston in January, can't break the first team although has been a very good performer in League 1 throughout his career.

18 clean sheets in 16/17 season in League 1.

Bart for Ripley straight swap?

Further Transfer Targets on 12:33 - May 6 with 2941 viewsGarv

Not an influx but I think if we expect those players named to be enough then we'll be just as disappointed.

I can't wait to see Lankester get games again and Rowe should have more influence, so I'm not being gloomy. I do think Edwards needs to improve his end product and add more assists, but at least we know he can contribute goals.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Further Transfer Targets on 12:36 - May 6 with 2922 viewsclive_baker

Rightly so IMO. The squad is inflated with averageness. Including loanees there’s probably 10+ players that we won’t see here next season, we need to cohesive core of hungry and committed players with a longer term outlook. I want to see a side built around players like Downes, Dozzell, Lankester, Bishop etc. Add in the experienced of Skuse, Huws (hopefully), Sears, Judge, Nolan, Edwards, Chambers, Nsiala and give a chance to other youth - Kenlock, Emmanuel, Woolfenden, Nydam, Morris, El Mizouni and we have the core of a squad. The big question marks really are what the future holds for players like Donacien, Jackson and Harrison, and which 2 or 3 people we need to bring in. We certainly look midfield heavy, so the focus has to be at the back for me, with a right back and centre back. A striker too, and depending on the outcome of Jackson and Harrison, perhaps a 2nd striker (maybe a loan?)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Further Transfer Targets on 12:38 - May 6 with 2909 viewsMrTown

Further Transfer Targets on 12:33 - May 6 by Garv

Not an influx but I think if we expect those players named to be enough then we'll be just as disappointed.

I can't wait to see Lankester get games again and Rowe should have more influence, so I'm not being gloomy. I do think Edwards needs to improve his end product and add more assists, but at least we know he can contribute goals.

Think about 14 will leave the club in the summer though, 4 possibly to come.

Our squad is massive, especially when you think we have players like Nydam who can't even touch the match day 18, as well as 4 out on loan. Every season one possibly 2 start to scratch the surface from the academy (next year maybe (Ndaba/McGavin/El Mizouni). Add Folami/Morris/Sears back from major injuries.

The squad is massive, needs trimming and a couple of shrewd recruits, no more.

Further Transfer Targets on 13:54 - May 6 with 2726 viewsWickets

Think a big striker and central defender and thats about it but i suppose it also depends on who we allow to leave ? Maybe Gerkin will not be offered new terms and i think we would accept a small fee for Bart and look to bring in a new keeper . Just my hunch .
Further Transfer Targets on 17:20 - May 6 with 2473 viewsBuyoutclause

Tom Eaves from Gillingham is out of contract this summer and believe he scored 20 goals in L1 this season. A target man, I'm sure he'll be on our radar.
Further Transfer Targets on 17:27 - May 6 with 2437 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Further Transfer Targets on 17:20 - May 6 by Buyoutclause

Tom Eaves from Gillingham is out of contract this summer and believe he scored 20 goals in L1 this season. A target man, I'm sure he'll be on our radar.

Yeah I put him my first transfer target list. He indeed out of contract, I'm sure he will be looked at. You know what you get with him, not the prettiest but he knows what the back of the net is.

Believe he scored a double at the weekend, taking his tally to 21 for the season off the back of 17 last year. Also believe he was involved in a little scuffle with a certain Curtis Tilt.

Whilst I think we will look at him, and could form a good partnership with someone like James Norwood, can see him ending up at somewhere like Rotherham, would certainly suit their style of play.

Further Transfer Targets on 17:45 - May 6 with 2360 viewsHARRY10

Further Transfer Targets on 12:19 - May 6 by WeWereZombies

we are seeing a massive cut in our budget - down from £17m to below £10m. Assuming the ticket sales hold up as this season.

Yet here we gave fans on here talking as if we can sign players who have been on Championship wages. Dream on.

I expect t see a huge clear out this summer. Pretty much everyone who is out of contract. the squad will be far smaller. Emerging youngsters will go out on loan to speed up their progress while others will be put into the first team squad as us being a league lower will make it easier for them to step up.

There are no Waghorn, Garner and Webster to sell this summer, but there is a £7m plus loss of income to cover.

I think a number of posters on here need to get real and stop dreaming.
We are in for a tough battle.
Further Transfer Targets on 18:01 - May 6 with 2292 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Further Transfer Targets on 17:45 - May 6 by HARRY10

we are seeing a massive cut in our budget - down from £17m to below £10m. Assuming the ticket sales hold up as this season.

Yet here we gave fans on here talking as if we can sign players who have been on Championship wages. Dream on.

I expect t see a huge clear out this summer. Pretty much everyone who is out of contract. the squad will be far smaller. Emerging youngsters will go out on loan to speed up their progress while others will be put into the first team squad as us being a league lower will make it easier for them to step up.

There are no Waghorn, Garner and Webster to sell this summer, but there is a £7m plus loss of income to cover.

I think a number of posters on here need to get real and stop dreaming.
We are in for a tough battle.

If that is aimed at me, I do state that he could be out of our price range in my sentence. And the general mentions of my transfer targets have been League 1 and League 2.

As a general rule i do agree, the idea we will be able to acquire 4 or 5 Championship players is big far fetched. Its not unheard of that League 1 teams sign Championship/Prem players but normally on loan (George Thorne - Luton, Jacob Butterfield - Bradford). Every player is different, dependent on what they want at that time in their career.

3 or 4 signings is what I expect, 2 permanent, 2 loans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024