Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go Team Humans! 16:26 - May 6 with 4966 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/may/06/human-society-under-urgent-t

Pretty depressing read.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Go Team Humans! on 17:18 - May 6 with 4055 viewsNthQldITFC

These issues are so much bigger than every other issue that humans have ever faced, all rolled into one, that many people's minds have been totally impermeable to taking in the reality. Hopefully this is beginning to change. All of us have to be brave enough to look this right in the teeth, as if it were a terminal illness affecting ourselves, or our whole family. We have to rid ourselves of any delusions that this is not real, or that it will just go away.

'The warning was unusually stark for a UN report that has to be agreed by consensus across all nations.'

Somehow we as a species, (irrespective of personal, corporate or national interests) have to say that environment comes first, and EVERYTHING else including all human interests, human desires, and even 'human rights' have to fit in around environmental protection, worldwide.

Otherwise the future is dead, and the past might as well never have been.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Go Team Humans! on 17:55 - May 6 with 4021 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 17:18 - May 6 by NthQldITFC

These issues are so much bigger than every other issue that humans have ever faced, all rolled into one, that many people's minds have been totally impermeable to taking in the reality. Hopefully this is beginning to change. All of us have to be brave enough to look this right in the teeth, as if it were a terminal illness affecting ourselves, or our whole family. We have to rid ourselves of any delusions that this is not real, or that it will just go away.

'The warning was unusually stark for a UN report that has to be agreed by consensus across all nations.'

Somehow we as a species, (irrespective of personal, corporate or national interests) have to say that environment comes first, and EVERYTHING else including all human interests, human desires, and even 'human rights' have to fit in around environmental protection, worldwide.

Otherwise the future is dead, and the past might as well never have been.

Totally agree, we are the only species on the planet that doesn't live in harmony with nature and seem to be hell bent on destroying it. and pretty much exclusively for money and greed.

It has to change and they should start by knocking the ridiculous idea of 5G on the head. Putting radiation emitting mini cell towers on every street corner will not on have a good effect on a humans or the environment.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 19:24]
Go Team Humans! on 18:15 - May 6 with 3996 viewseireblue

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/veganism-environmen
Go Team Humans! on 18:16 - May 6 with 3991 viewsSpruceMoose

Go Team Humans! on 17:55 - May 6 by Harry_Palmer

Totally agree, we are the only species on the planet that doesn't live in harmony with nature and seem to be hell bent on destroying it. and pretty much exclusively for money and greed.

It has to change and they should start by knocking the ridiculous idea of 5G on the head. Putting radiation emitting mini cell towers on every street corner will not on have a good effect on a humans or the environment.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 19:24]

Probably less harmful than not vaccinating kids though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Go Team Humans! on 18:41 - May 6 with 3944 viewsNthQldITFC

Go Team Humans! on 18:15 - May 6 by eireblue

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/veganism-environmen

I haven't gone vegan, which does make me a great big hypocrite. I am aware of this.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Go Team Humans! on 18:52 - May 6 with 3927 viewsDubtractor

Go Team Humans! on 18:41 - May 6 by NthQldITFC

I haven't gone vegan, which does make me a great big hypocrite. I am aware of this.

Likewise.

Though my meat consumption is dramatically lower than it was maybe 5 years ago. Prob have no meat 3 days a week on average.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Go Team Humans! on 18:53 - May 6 with 3930 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody else think we are tackling increasing cancer rates from the wrong end...prevention over cure, less money in it though!
Re the article, I can see no time frame for many of the claims (80% less biomass for example)
[Post edited 6 May 2019 19:05]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Go Team Humans! on 18:55 - May 6 with 3917 viewsBlueBadger

Go Team Humans! on 18:15 - May 6 by eireblue

It doesn't actually make you live longer, it just feels longer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Go Team Humans! on 19:27 - May 6 with 3871 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 18:16 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

Probably less harmful than not vaccinating kids though.

Grow up, this is not a vaccination thread, lets not turn it into one. There will be plenty of opportunities in future for you to display your ignorance on that subject again.
Go Team Humans! on 19:38 - May 6 with 3852 viewsStokieBlue

Go Team Humans! on 19:27 - May 6 by Harry_Palmer

Grow up, this is not a vaccination thread, lets not turn it into one. There will be plenty of opportunities in future for you to display your ignorance on that subject again.

You did decide to throw in a conspiracy theory in your final paragraph though.

Misinformation does seem to be a forte of yours.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Go Team Humans! on 19:40 - May 6 with 3852 viewsBlueBadger

Go Team Humans! on 19:27 - May 6 by Harry_Palmer

Protip: if you don't want people to think you're some kind of fact-free conpiracy loon, then stop spouting fact-free conspiracy b0llocks.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 19:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Go Team Humans! on 20:05 - May 6 with 3824 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 19:38 - May 6 by StokieBlue

You did decide to throw in a conspiracy theory in your final paragraph though.

Misinformation does seem to be a forte of yours.

SB

And as if by magic the other one appears.

I guess Martin L. Pall, professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University must be a spreader of misinformation as well then.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/5g-is-the-stupidest-idea-in-the-history-of-the-wor

I know critical thinking is not really your thing but perhaps you could give it a go for a change. And while your at it perhaps you could dig out the long term studies proving that
5G technology is safe for humans, animals, insects etc.
Go Team Humans! on 20:09 - May 6 with 3809 viewsBlueBadger

Go Team Humans! on 20:05 - May 6 by Harry_Palmer

I guess Martin L. Pall, professor Emeritus of Biochemistry and Basic Medical Sciences at Washington State University must be a spreader of misinformation as well then.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/5g-is-the-stupidest-idea-in-the-history-of-the-wor

I know critical thinking is not really your thing but perhaps you could give it a go for a change. And while your at it perhaps you could dig out the long term studies proving that

Willing to bet, right here, right now that Martin L Pall is a another useful idiot quack for the fact-free brigade.

Go Team Humans! on 20:11 - May 6 with 3802 viewsBlueBadger

Go Team Humans! on 20:09 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Willing to bet, right here, right now that Martin L Pall is a another useful idiot quack for the fact-free brigade.

Yep. He's a quack who's been extrapolating data taken from non-human subjects, exposed to extreme conditions which no human is ever likely to be subjected to.
https://www.inverse.com/article/53624-do-cell-phones-cause-cancer-maybe-maybe-no

Go Team Humans! on 20:12 - May 6 with 3800 viewsSpruceMoose

The irony of you, a grade A dunderheaded nutter, calling out Stokie for a lack of critical thinking is hysterical.

I'm willing to bet the Stokie has fired out farts with better critical thinking skills than you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Go Team Humans! on 20:14 - May 6 with 3795 viewsSpruceMoose

Go Team Humans! on 20:11 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Yep. He's a quack who's been extrapolating data taken from non-human subjects, exposed to extreme conditions which no human is ever likely to be subjected to.
https://www.inverse.com/article/53624-do-cell-phones-cause-cancer-maybe-maybe-no

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Harry has provided yet another easily debunked link.

The only thing that would make me more surprised would be if he was to pop up next and claim he hadn't actually read his own link before basing his entire argument on it. That would never happen again, I'm sure.

Go Team Humans! on 20:17 - May 6 with 3786 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 20:12 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

The irony of you, a grade A dunderheaded nutter, calling out Stokie for a lack of critical thinking is hysterical.

I'm willing to bet the Stokie has fired out farts with better critical thinking skills than you.

Ahh sticking up for you pal, how very touching. I guess compared to you he is pretty bright, i'll give you that. Anyway as much as I enjoy our little chats....
Go Team Humans! on 20:18 - May 6 with 3785 viewseireblue

Go Team Humans! on 18:41 - May 6 by NthQldITFC

Well, it very easy to do.

You just have to decide what is more important to you.
Go Team Humans! on 20:21 - May 6 with 3782 viewsSpruceMoose

Go Team Humans! on 20:17 - May 6 by Harry_Palmer

Ahh sticking up for you pal, how very touching. I guess compared to you he is pretty bright, i'll give you that. Anyway as much as I enjoy our little chats....

You don't enjoy our chats. That's why you're running away again. Nobody enjoys being made to look utterly ridiculous I guess, but mate, you make it so easy to achieve.

Go Team Humans! on 20:43 - May 6 with 3760 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Go Team Humans! on 20:12 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

I have literally no idea about 2,3,4, or 5G ....however can the latest incarnation and associated infrastructure including satellite launches be justified on environmental grounds?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Go Team Humans! on 22:28 - May 6 with 3677 viewsStokieBlue

To state that you are in any way a critical thinker is stretching my vision of the truth. Your posts are littered with logical fallacies and critical thinking websites and podcasts spend their time debunking virtually all of the opinions you've posted on here.

You've appropriated the term in and entirely unreasonable way.

On the article and the general subject, that guy has been debunked as have the ideas he is spreading. I quite like this one:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonrockman1/2018/09/18/is-5g-a-cia-plot/

The metaphor about loud noises is a nice one. I also liked that your article lead me to a Reddit which was claiming that 5G is a method which will be used to depopulate the Earth. Great stuff.

SB
[Post edited 6 May 2019 22:52]

Go Team Humans! on 08:22 - May 7 with 3584 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 20:21 - May 6 by SpruceMoose

You don't enjoy our chats. That's why you're running away again. Nobody enjoys being made to look utterly ridiculous I guess, but mate, you make it so easy to achieve.

Runnning away from you? It will be a cold day in hell before that ever happens.

If anybody is going to make me look ridiculous it certainly won't be you. Just keep jumping in with the insults and using other poster's erroneous claims of internet victory as your own. That's about all you are good for......mate.
Go Team Humans! on 08:52 - May 7 with 3568 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 20:11 - May 6 by BlueBadger

Quack? What a very childish name to use for somebody you don't agree with. Who should I believe on this, the University professor or the Hospital porter that posts on TWTD? Hmmm...it's a toughie.

Anyway, far from debunking me the link you have kindly posted really does the opposite.

First off it cites a study on cell phone use not 5g antenna and was based mostly on 2g and 3g, which is considerably weaker in terms of EMF output than 5G will be, so the fact it caused cancer in mice anyway should be of some concern. And yes it was non-human subjects, but isn't that the scientific norm? or would you suggest that they round up people to be subjected to these tests? Perhaps you should put your name forward.

Furthermore, it goes on to say...

"In many cases, the impact technology has on human health is not apparent for some time, so it’s not clear when, how, or if we will have reliable research on the effects of 5G on human health."

So we don't know what effects 5G will have on human health ( let alone birds and insects) and are therefore effectively guinea pigs. You can be certain the telecommunications industry and our hapless Government will not wait until it is proven safe before rolling it out. Lets hope for the sake Human's and the environment that it all works out.
Go Team Humans! on 08:59 - May 7 with 3537 viewsStokieBlue

Go Team Humans! on 08:52 - May 7 by Harry_Palmer

Quack? What a very childish name to use for somebody you don't agree with. Who should I believe on this, the University professor or the Hospital porter that posts on TWTD? Hmmm...it's a toughie.

Anyway, far from debunking me the link you have kindly posted really does the opposite.

First off it cites a study on cell phone use not 5g antenna and was based mostly on 2g and 3g, which is considerably weaker in terms of EMF output than 5G will be, so the fact it caused cancer in mice anyway should be of some concern. And yes it was non-human subjects, but isn't that the scientific norm? or would you suggest that they round up people to be subjected to these tests? Perhaps you should put your name forward.

Furthermore, it goes on to say...

"In many cases, the impact technology has on human health is not apparent for some time, so it’s not clear when, how, or if we will have reliable research on the effects of 5G on human health."

So we don't know what effects 5G will have on human health ( let alone birds and insects) and are therefore effectively guinea pigs. You can be certain the telecommunications industry and our hapless Government will not wait until it is proven safe before rolling it out. Lets hope for the sake Human's and the environment that it all works out.

That entire last paragraph is an argument from ignorance logical fallacy. As a critical thinker you need to brush up on your logical fallacies.

The same fallacious argument can be made for any human invention since fire.

I find it utterly depressing you are using this forum which likely has many young readers whom may be taken in by your rubbish to spread what if essentially fake news.

I think it should be constantly challenged.

SB
[Post edited 7 May 2019 9:02]

Go Team Humans! on 09:01 - May 7 with 3532 viewsHarry_Palmer

Go Team Humans! on 22:28 - May 6 by StokieBlue

To state that you are in any way a critical thinker is stretching my vision of the truth. Your posts are littered with logical fallacies and critical thinking websites and podcasts spend their time debunking virtually all of the opinions you've posted on here.

You've appropriated the term in and entirely unreasonable way.

On the article and the general subject, that guy has been debunked as have the ideas he is spreading. I quite like this one:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonrockman1/2018/09/18/is-5g-a-cia-plot/

The metaphor about loud noises is a nice one. I also liked that your article lead me to a Reddit which was claiming that 5G is a method which will be used to depopulate the Earth. Great stuff.

SB
[Post edited 6 May 2019 22:52]

So you are using a guy that has spent his entire career in the telecommunications industry to supposedly 'debunk' me? Not much bias likely there then.

And you are now holding me responsible for views held on another website that I didn't even link? Blimey, that really is scraping the barrel.

As per my reply to BB, the long term effects are not known so we are effectively going to be Guinea pigs. Looking at history and how Human 'progress' usually impacts our planet you'll have to forgive me for being a little sceptical.

Unless of course you have that long term safety study I asked for proving 5G technology is 100% safe for both Humans and the environment?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024