Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty 13:08 - May 7 with 2354 viewsGeoffSentence

Played out from our own penalty area, everyone composed, some lovely passing.

I am hoping to see more like it next year

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:12 - May 7 with 2325 viewschristiand

It really was. More of that would be great to see next season. We've got to trust PL and let him get on with the job in hand, the season is now thankfully over. But make no mistake, he needs this to work for his own managerial career as much as we want a swift return to The Championship.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 13:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:23 - May 7 with 2286 viewsBecclesITFC

Nicely worked.

Ipswich have been capable of doing this for a while now. In patches you can see a decent team. The issue is that It's only in patches, however, you can see things slowly coming together under PL.

I don't fully subscribe to the fact we are not good enough. We deserve to go down because we have been naive in all areas of the pitch.

We will be a better team next year with lesser opposition, however, it will be tricky but i do see a brighter future and i know what i'm getting behind.
Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:28 - May 7 with 2260 viewsHerbivore

It was a good goal and highlighted that moving the ball quickly and with purpose will lead to good chances being created. We've been too laboured and lacking purpose in possession a lot of the time which is why we've ended up being quite toothless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:33 - May 7 with 2230 viewsBecclesITFC

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:28 - May 7 by Herbivore

It was a good goal and highlighted that moving the ball quickly and with purpose will lead to good chances being created. We've been too laboured and lacking purpose in possession a lot of the time which is why we've ended up being quite toothless.

I completely agree with you. It's all very good looking at the possession stats, however, having the ball doesn't win you games. We have probably had the ball longer overall this season but created far less chances.
Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:06 - May 7 with 2144 viewsITFC_Forever

Not sure you can count Big Col and his five touches to get it under control as composed.... although he did execute good control and pass to set up Dozzell.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:33 - May 7 with 2055 viewschristiand

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:33 - May 7 by BecclesITFC

I completely agree with you. It's all very good looking at the possession stats, however, having the ball doesn't win you games. We have probably had the ball longer overall this season but created far less chances.

We also don't get enough of our own players into the opposition's penalty area. Often or not the player on the ball has one option to target, that's got to be an unbelievable delivery each time for us to capitalise.

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:36 - May 7 with 2042 viewsurbanblue

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:06 - May 7 by ITFC_Forever

Not sure you can count Big Col and his five touches to get it under control as composed.... although he did execute good control and pass to set up Dozzell.

The pass was beautifully weighted!
Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:46 - May 7 with 2016 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 13:33 - May 7 by BecclesITFC

Possession with penetration is the key!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:49 - May 7 with 2007 viewsHerbivore

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:33 - May 7 by christiand

We also don't get enough of our own players into the opposition's penalty area. Often or not the player on the ball has one option to target, that's got to be an unbelievable delivery each time for us to capitalise.

It's compounded by our slow build up play meaning the opposition has got everyone back and in shape. That second goal showed how hard it is to defend when the ball is moved forward quickly and incisively.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:57 - May 7 with 1987 viewschristiand

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:49 - May 7 by Herbivore

It's compounded by our slow build up play meaning the opposition has got everyone back and in shape. That second goal showed how hard it is to defend when the ball is moved forward quickly and incisively.

The times I have watched us live and Judge will pick up the ball on the half way line, Quaner might be close by and then Judge is waiting for support. We do look one paced and hopefully PL will address this in the summer.
[Post edited 7 May 2019 15:00]

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 15:02 - May 7 with 1960 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's why I go to football. I'm not interested in seeing a team coached in Pulis-ball hoofing it into the channels for a cart horse to chase.

Deliberately avoided mentioning any former Ipswich managers to avoid derailing the thread!

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 15:06 - May 7 with 1942 viewschristiand

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 15:02 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

It's why I go to football. I'm not interested in seeing a team coached in Pulis-ball hoofing it into the channels for a cart horse to chase.

Deliberately avoided mentioning any former Ipswich managers to avoid derailing the thread!

Do you mean MM?🤔 Couldn’t help myself, he hasn’t had a mention on this forum for 20 minutes!! 😂

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 15:41 - May 7 with 1865 viewstextbackup

The ball from Skuse is the key one in that passage of play, pulled that out of knowhere!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 16:28 - May 7 with 1788 viewsGeoffSentence

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 14:06 - May 7 by ITFC_Forever

But the composure to take those five touches. Some would have paniced after the first two or three.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 16:42 - May 7 with 1764 viewsSteve_M

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 15:02 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

And yet Joe Royle had us finish third playing like that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 16:50 - May 7 with 1747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 15:06 - May 7 by christiand

Do you mean MM?🤔 Couldn’t help myself, he hasn’t had a mention on this forum for 20 minutes!! 😂

I couldn't possibly comment

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 16:51 - May 7 with 1742 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our second goal on Sunday was a thing of beauty on 16:42 - May 7 by Steve_M

And yet Joe Royle had us finish third playing like that.

Booo, Richards out!

TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024