Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12k ST target not reached 15:24 - May 7 with 3967 viewsIllinoisblue

11,748 final total

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

12k ST target not reached on 15:25 - May 7 with 2630 viewsKieran_Knows

I reckon Evans will drop them another 10% still.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

12k ST target not reached on 15:25 - May 7 with 2610 viewsGirthyguy

12k ST target not reached on 15:25 - May 7 by Kieran_Knows

5% I bet
12k ST target not reached on 15:25 - May 7 with 2606 viewsportmanking

I think given that we're just a couple of hundred off rather than a thousand, it'd be a good gesture of good will from ME.
12k ST target not reached on 15:26 - May 7 with 2590 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not a bad effort though!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

12k ST target not reached on 15:26 - May 7 with 2582 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm not sure he will.

Would have made more sense to extend the deadline by a week, hit the 12k and drop them for that reason.

Rather than just dropping them anyway without encouraging more people to buy them.

No sign of an extension given they are now selling them full price. It would be a pain to refund those people if Evans decided to then extend it after they'd paid top whack.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

12k ST target not reached on 15:28 - May 7 with 2552 viewsSomethingBlue

It'll end up beating 12,000 once a few dribs and drabs have signed up over the next couple of months — have to say that's a tremendous effort in the circumstances and should ensure that (given) attendances rarely fall much below 15k.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

12k ST target not reached on 15:28 - May 7 with 2529 viewsFixed_It

I'm not sure I want him to, to be honest. If the target hasn't been reached then it hasn't been reached (good effort by the way!). I would prefer my money to go towards recruitment purposes for a real challenge next season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

12k ST target not reached on 15:29 - May 7 with 2491 viewsHeathlander

Such a shame we were only 252 short. Top effort though. Possibly the best number Town could have sold.
Login to get fewer ads

12k ST target not reached on 15:32 - May 7 with 2434 viewsSwansea_Blue

12k ST target not reached on 15:28 - May 7 by Fixed_It

I'm not sure I want him to, to be honest. If the target hasn't been reached then it hasn't been reached (good effort by the way!). I would prefer my money to go towards recruitment purposes for a real challenge next season.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Substantial cuts will need to be found.

12k ST target not reached on 15:34 - May 7 with 2373 viewskizaitfc

Some other gesture maybe?

Free Ipswich home shirt for 2018/19

In terms of lost profit from shirt sales it would actually be better financially than knocking 10% off 11,750 season tickets.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

12k ST target not reached on 15:35 - May 7 with 2364 viewsFixed_It

12k ST target not reached on 15:32 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

I wouldn't hold your breath. Substantial cuts will need to be found.

I realise that - but less substantial than if he starts giving further discounts despite the target number of s/t sales not being reached. The playing staff (and others) will be cut no doubt - but if we are to strengthen at all we will need to be competitive with wages.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

12k ST target not reached on 15:36 - May 7 with 2347 viewshomer_123

12k ST target not reached on 15:28 - May 7 by Fixed_It

I would have been happy to keep season ticket prices at the same level as this season with all funds going into the playing budget.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

12k ST target not reached on 15:37 - May 7 with 2326 viewsSwansea_Blue

12k ST target not reached on 15:35 - May 7 by Fixed_It

I realise that - but less substantial than if he starts giving further discounts despite the target number of s/t sales not being reached. The playing staff (and others) will be cut no doubt - but if we are to strengthen at all we will need to be competitive with wages.

Very true. At least that bar for competitiveness will be lower.

12k ST target not reached on 15:37 - May 7 with 2332 viewsBluedanW

He should extend deadline 2 days and see if he gets another 252 sales.

Would be a good PR exercise, otherwise it still feels deflating despite much better sales than last year.
12k ST target not reached on 15:39 - May 7 with 2295 viewsIllinoisblue

12k ST target not reached on 15:37 - May 7 by BluedanW

Would be a good PR exercise, otherwise it still feels deflating despite much better sales than last year.

although the discount would cost the club a considerable sum. Still think Evans would have been better off doing a fixed price 200 quid ticket rather than "you get this discount if we sell X, or if we sell Y you get this discount"

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

12k ST target not reached on 15:39 - May 7 with 2287 viewstextbackup

Fair play all.

Sunday was brilliant, so many returning faces, I hope it’s a sign of things to come.

The ncfc fan at work was talking about when they went down, 23000 was their lowest attendance all season 😬 that’s pretty impressive regardless of what you think about them.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

12k ST target not reached on 15:39 - May 7 with 2277 viewsTractorCam

12k ST target not reached on 15:36 - May 7 by homer_123

I would have been happy to keep season ticket prices at the same level as this season with all funds going into the playing budget.

Just given a quick rough sum, no idea on exact numbers. I've used the sir bobby lower adult price.

10,000 x £381 = £3,810,000
11,748 x £333 = £3,912,084

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

12k ST target not reached on 15:41 - May 7 with 2240 viewsTractorCam

12k ST target not reached on 15:29 - May 7 by Heathlander

Such a shame we were only 252 short. Top effort though. Possibly the best number Town could have sold.

Brilliant effort, we all got season tickets to support the team not in hope that we would get a discount price.

Would be a great gesture for Evans to knock off a discount/ extend the deadline but nobody should expect it to happen, he has no reason to either.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Some fans will undoubtedly find something to moan about here (n/t) on 15:42 - May 7 with 2236 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

12k ST target not reached on 15:42 - May 7 with 2234 viewsportmanking

12k ST target not reached on 15:39 - May 7 by textbackup

Fair play all.

Sunday was brilliant, so many returning faces, I hope it’s a sign of things to come.

The ncfc fan at work was talking about when they went down, 23000 was their lowest attendance all season 😬 that’s pretty impressive regardless of what you think about them.

As we've touched upon many times before, you can't compare our attendances with Norwich's.

They still had a vast number of "hangers-on" in the ST holders from their Prem season in League One. By contrast, we lost all of our "hangers-on" by the late 2000's.
12k ST target not reached on 15:45 - May 7 with 2174 viewsSouperJim

12k ST target not reached on 15:37 - May 7 by BluedanW

I highly doubt they'll extend the deadline and the chances of a reduction without hitting the target is zero. The whole promotion was about maximising sales and revenue and it has served it's purpose very well. Anyone thinking this has been some kind of benevolence exercise by ME is sadly deluded.

Still, fantastic that we'll have nearly 12k season tickets next season and just about the entire North full. Can't wait!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

They already are, it amazes me that.... on 15:47 - May 7 with 2151 viewsBloots

Some fans will undoubtedly find something to moan about here (n/t) on 15:42 - May 7 by Dyland

....(some) fans will demand that the deadline is extended, or that the additional discount should be applied anyway, or that we should all be given a free shirt (blimey) and then moan when we spend sod all on the squad.

At a rough estimation the 12,000th season ticket would have cost the club about £500,000.

Divs.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

12k ST target not reached on 15:47 - May 7 with 2141 viewshomer_123

12k ST target not reached on 15:39 - May 7 by TractorCam

Just given a quick rough sum, no idea on exact numbers. I've used the sir bobby lower adult price.

10,000 x £381 = £3,810,000
11,748 x £333 = £3,912,084

Just shows how little ticket prices make a difference, still better to have that £100k in the playing budget than not.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

12k ST target not reached on 15:48 - May 7 with 2131 viewsReuser_is_God

1,500 more than we sold this season, that’s pretty impressive given the sh1t we’ve watched.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

12k ST target not reached on 15:48 - May 7 with 2124 viewstextbackup

12k ST target not reached on 15:42 - May 7 by portmanking

As we've touched upon many times before, you can't compare our attendances with Norwich's.

They still had a vast number of "hangers-on" in the ST holders from their Prem season in League One. By contrast, we lost all of our "hangers-on" by the late 2000's.

Wasn’t comparing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024