Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e 21:58 - May 7 with 2973 viewsBloomBlue

He has it easy in the Spanish league where he gets loads of space he would never live with the pace of the prem, if he was the greatest ever he could play in any league.
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 21:59 - May 7 with 2710 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea he's never done it in the Champions League...

...oh

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:01 - May 7 with 2686 viewsbraveblue

With the Spanish teams winning world cups, European trophies and best player awards you think he has it easy? Joke.
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:02 - May 7 with 2657 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:01 - May 7 by braveblue

With the Spanish teams winning world cups, European trophies and best player awards you think he has it easy? Joke.

He's probably trolling but he didn't post this thought after the first leg either did he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:03 - May 7 with 2656 viewsMrTown

Ah mate have a day off.

34 games and 26 goals against the v best teams that English football has in European competitions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:04 - May 7 with 2648 viewsHerbivore

He's scored 26 CL goals against the best English teams, vnearly double what any other player has managed. He went two of his team mates in on goal tonight and they fluffed their chances. He can't do it all on his own.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:06 - May 7 with 2615 viewsvapour_trail

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:04 - May 7 by Herbivore

He's scored 26 CL goals against the best English teams, vnearly double what any other player has managed. He went two of his team mates in on goal tonight and they fluffed their chances. He can't do it all on his own.

Yes but playing stoke is a lot tougher than playing sevilla.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:11 - May 7 with 2572 viewsLankHenners

The ‘he’s never done it in the Prem’ argument makes no sense. Up until tonight he’s always shone against the top English sides in the Champions League so don’t know why people think he’s going to come unstuck having to face Lewis Dunk in a 1v1.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:11 - May 7 with 2553 viewsTractorCam

Is this the first time you've watched him out of the Spanish league then?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:12 - May 7 with 2542 viewsTractorCam

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:11 - May 7 by LankHenners

The ‘he’s never done it in the Prem’ argument makes no sense. Up until tonight he’s always shone against the top English sides in the Champions League so don’t know why people think he’s going to come unstuck having to face Lewis Dunk in a 1v1.

Can rinse Van Dijk but Jamaal Lascelles will have him in his back pocket.

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:21 - May 7 with 2466 viewsGarv

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:11 - May 7 by LankHenners

I'm not sure that's true.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:23 - May 7 with 2454 viewsGarv

I don't agree but one reason Ronaldo will earn more respect in some quarters is that he's done it in three or four different leagues and countries.

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:25 - May 7 with 2435 viewsHerbivore

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:23 - May 7 by Garv

I don't agree but one reason Ronaldo will earn more respect in some quarters is that he's done it in three or four different leagues and countries.

Lots of players have played in multiple leagues, it doesn't mean they're better footballers.

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:38 - May 7 with 2355 viewsvilanovablue

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:21 - May 7 by Garv

I'm not sure that's true.

His goal record against the top 6 in the Prem is excellent, see above. If he can do it against them your naive to think he'd be rubbish over here...
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:42 - May 7 with 2338 viewscressi

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:38 - May 7 by vilanovablue

His goal record against the top 6 in the Prem is excellent, see above. If he can do it against them your naive to think he'd be rubbish over here...

People may not like but there you are best player I've seen is Maradona fantastic for every club and country
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:46 - May 7 with 2322 viewsChurchman

Messi is quite simply one of the best players ever in my view. Maybe the most complete. He is certainly up there in my lifetime with Cruyff, Pele, Best and Ronaldo (annoying cheating .....etc, but what a player). I suppose I should really include Maradona but I just can’t.
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:50 - May 7 with 2306 viewsDublinBlue84

As someone who has seen Messi play in the flesh at the Nou Camp, both in European fixtures as well as La Liga, I can tell you that you are speaking a load of rubbish.

The guy is by far the best footballer I have seen play live in my lifetime, if he was as bad as you said he would, he wouldn't have scored as many Champions League goals as he has against English clubs.

For me he's better than Ronaldo, because Messi doesn't have the ego, is a better person off the pitch from all I've heard, he doesn't dive around like Ronaldo and isn't petulant.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:55 - May 7 with 2274 viewsHerbivore

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:50 - May 7 by DublinBlue84

As someone who has seen Messi play in the flesh at the Nou Camp, both in European fixtures as well as La Liga, I can tell you that you are speaking a load of rubbish.

The guy is by far the best footballer I have seen play live in my lifetime, if he was as bad as you said he would, he wouldn't have scored as many Champions League goals as he has against English clubs.

For me he's better than Ronaldo, because Messi doesn't have the ego, is a better person off the pitch from all I've heard, he doesn't dive around like Ronaldo and isn't petulant.

He's also a much more complete player than Ronaldo. Not only has he got a better goals per game ratio but he's way ahead in assists and other stats like chances created, pass completion etc.

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:56 - May 7 with 2264 viewscressi

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:50 - May 7 by DublinBlue84

All got different attributes Ronaldo raw power good in the air Messi intelligence brings others into the game both score goals all opinions who would pick the same world 11 of all time
Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 23:40 - May 7 with 2165 viewsGarv

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 22:38 - May 7 by vilanovablue

I didn't suggest anything of the sort.

I seem to remember his early record against English teams wasn't all that.

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 23:49 - May 7 with 2148 viewsSpruceMoose

If ever a post summed up the confidence with which you spout utter bollox it's this one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 07:12 - May 8 with 1990 viewsTractorCam

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 23:40 - May 7 by Garv

I didn't suggest anything of the sort.

I seem to remember his early record against English teams wasn't all that.

His early record? Are we talking about in his early 20s? We're living in today and the only players who have more goals against the top English clubs is Aguero and Vardy.

The 'other leagues' argument is a load of bobbins. You honestly think Messi would flop if he went to Juventus/ Manchester United?

on 07:28 - May 8 with 1959 views_

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 08:29 - May 8 with 1882 viewsGuthrum

The current Liverpool team is outstandingly world-class. The fact that they and Man City are 23 and 25 points clear at the top of a division as competitive as the Prem (containing also such big beasts as Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs) is indicative of their exceptional quality, mental and physical.

To be stopped cold by them is no real disgrace.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 09:47 - May 8 with 1809 viewsGarv

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 07:12 - May 8 by TractorCam

His early record? Are we talking about in his early 20s? We're living in today and the only players who have more goals against the top English clubs is Aguero and Vardy.

The 'other leagues' argument is a load of bobbins. You honestly think Messi would flop if he went to Juventus/ Manchester United?

The OP said he's always shone against the English sides.

He wouldn't have the same class of teammates around him at Juve and definitely not at United, so would he flop? No. Would he be nowhere near his goals and assists for Barcelona? I reckon so.

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 09:50 - May 8 with 1798 viewsHerbivore

Messi the greatest ever? My a**e on 09:47 - May 8 by Garv

The OP said he's always shone against the English sides.

He wouldn't have the same class of teammates around him at Juve and definitely not at United, so would he flop? No. Would he be nowhere near his goals and assists for Barcelona? I reckon so.

Serie A is poor, Juve walk it every season. I'd expect Messi to take that league apart. The United of now aren't really comparable to the United that Ronaldo played for.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024