Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That my friends is what football is all about! 22:07 - May 7 with 1945 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Making memories. Those ‘I was there’ nights. Achieving the impossible. Hope where there was none.

That’s why I’d urge as many of you as possible to sign up for next season. Potentially clinching the League One title or getting promoted at Oxford or Lincoln would feel even better than a last minute winner against the giants of Watford or Charlton.

It’s not where you are. It’s what you achieve. Any success for our next year will feel exactly the same as it has done at any other time. It’s relative.

This club is on the way up. Be part of it.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:08 - May 7 with 1918 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea we might hammer Forest Green.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:09 - May 7 with 1902 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:08 - May 7 by J2BLUE

Yea we might hammer Forest Green.

Good.

How many times in the last 5 years have we hammered anyone?

Sunderland. Forest. Middlesbrough. I’m struggling already.

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:10 - May 7 with 1897 viewsITFC_Forever

The “why we all bother moments”.

Every club has them, some not as often as others, admittedly. But when they happen, there is no feeling like it.... it makes all the crap worthwhile.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:10 - May 7 with 1892 viewsTractorCam

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:09 - May 7 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Good.

How many times in the last 5 years have we hammered anyone?

Sunderland. Forest. Middlesbrough. I’m struggling already.

Shelbourne reserves!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:39 - May 7 with 1809 viewsPendejo

Not my team, but I couldn't sit down during injury time.

Wife went to bed when I instinctively kicked out in first half.

Love football âš½
[Post edited 7 May 2019 22:39]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:53 - May 7 with 1754 viewsCoco

Bolton play-off semis was the last genuinely great moment.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

That my friends is what football is all about! on 23:04 - May 7 with 1726 viewsJohnTy

That my friends is what football is all about! on 22:53 - May 7 by Coco

Bolton play-off semis was the last genuinely great moment.

I couldn't help looking back to the 1961-2 season when I saw Liverpool beat Norwich 2-1 at Carrow Road. Liverpool went on to win Divsion II, and Norwich were 17th.

Guess who won Division I that season!
That my friends is what football is all about! on 06:26 - May 8 with 1606 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

“This club is on the up”. Just after we’ve been relegated to a division we’ve not been in for 60-odd years, and been relegated as one of the worst Championship clubs ever with 5 wins all season

You couldn’t write it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

That my friends is what football is all about! on 06:50 - May 8 with 1581 viewsChurchman

My fear is that with the current ownership and without significant change, the club will fall further and continue to shrink. I desperately hope my pessimistic view is wrong. Last special moments following ITFC for me? Charlton and Watford away a few years ago.
That my friends is what football is all about! on 09:31 - May 8 with 1485 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

That my friends is what football is all about! on 06:26 - May 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“This club is on the up”. Just after we’ve been relegated to a division we’ve not been in for 60-odd years, and been relegated as one of the worst Championship clubs ever with 5 wins all season

You couldn’t write it

Anyone who cannot see the significant progress that relegation could bring is blind.

The atmosphere and togetherness between the fans is off the bloody scale.

We won't be relying on other peoples loans just to be competitive. We will be building around our own young players.

We will go into a season with a chance of winning something, with a chance of developing an identity and with a blank slate to work from.

What is actually the point of just sitting in the Championship forever, being nowhere near the top teams? Just festering forever with crowds of 8,000.

Going up, if it happens, could actually give us the platform to challenge in the Championship again one day, probably sooner than if we'd just stayed there - treading water.

That my friends is what football is all about! on 09:33 - May 8 with 1481 viewsTractorCam

That my friends is what football is all about! on 09:31 - May 8 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone who cannot see the significant progress that relegation could bring is blind.

We won't be relying on other peoples loans just to be competitive. We will be building around our own young players.

We will go into a season with a chance of winning something, with a chance of developing an identity and with a blank slate to work from.

What is actually the point of just sitting in the Championship forever, being nowhere near the top teams? Just festering forever with crowds of 8,000.

Going up, if it happens, could actually give us the platform to challenge in the Championship again one day, probably sooner than if we'd just stayed there - treading water.

Bingo! Football is more than just a league position, Sir Bobby summed it up nicely. For the first time in years this club has an identity, however we must have a good season next year otherwise we're even worse off.

If we go up that would be electric, top 6 should be the minimum.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

That my friends is what football is all about! on 12:23 - May 8 with 1406 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That my friends is what football is all about! on 09:31 - May 8 by WarkTheWarkITFC

‘Significant progress that relegation could bring’. Exactly - but it could also lead to stagnation in League One

‘We won’t be relying on other people’s loans’. I’d certainly wager that the manager who brought in 4 loans in January will continue to use the loan market, I’m afraid

‘A blank slate to work from’. We have 30+ senior players in the squad currently, that’s the opposite of a blank slate

‘What is the point of just sitting in the Championship’. I actually agree with that, but that doesn’t mean we’re on the up by getting relegated. There is equally no point just sitting in League One, which is now a possibility

‘Going up, if it happens’. Again exactly - if it happens then brilliantly and we can actually then claim to be a club on the up, but doing so following relegation is bizarre

That my friends is what football is all about! on 12:36 - May 8 with 1382 viewsJ2BLUE

That my friends is what football is all about! on 12:23 - May 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘Significant progress that relegation could bring’. Exactly - but it could also lead to stagnation in League One

‘We won’t be relying on other people’s loans’. I’d certainly wager that the manager who brought in 4 loans in January will continue to use the loan market, I’m afraid

‘A blank slate to work from’. We have 30+ senior players in the squad currently, that’s the opposite of a blank slate

‘What is the point of just sitting in the Championship’. I actually agree with that, but that doesn’t mean we’re on the up by getting relegated. There is equally no point just sitting in League One, which is now a possibility

‘Going up, if it happens’. Again exactly - if it happens then brilliantly and we can actually then claim to be a club on the up, but doing so following relegation is bizarre

No one sensible wanted to get relegated but ST sales have gone up. This is clearly because there is some genuine excitement for the first time in years that we COULD compete. Apart from a freak season where we finished 6th we have had years and years of mediocrity. We were a running joke in the Championship. It really says something when relegation is considered so refreshing that people are genuinely excited. All your points are reasonable but what was the alternative? Defensive football with a below average squad fighting for lower mid table every season. We used to take the piss out of Stoke for being that team in the Prem. We became that team in the Championship.

There is no reason we can't compete next season and actually have a meaningful season. We might not go up but I bet we are in the mix.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That my friends is what football is all about! on 12:53 - May 8 with 1342 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That my friends is what football is all about! on 12:36 - May 8 by J2BLUE

No one sensible wanted to get relegated but ST sales have gone up. This is clearly because there is some genuine excitement for the first time in years that we COULD compete. Apart from a freak season where we finished 6th we have had years and years of mediocrity. We were a running joke in the Championship. It really says something when relegation is considered so refreshing that people are genuinely excited. All your points are reasonable but what was the alternative? Defensive football with a below average squad fighting for lower mid table every season. We used to take the piss out of Stoke for being that team in the Prem. We became that team in the Championship.

There is no reason we can't compete next season and actually have a meaningful season. We might not go up but I bet we are in the mix.

I don’t disagree with most of that. But that doesn’t mean relegation is a good thing - and certainly doesn’t make us a team on the up when we are quite literally the very opposite right now

That my friends is what football is all about! on 13:01 - May 8 with 1317 viewsHKitfc

The club will continue to be run by ME, how he has always run it. We will still be relying on loans, but this time we'll be looking at Luton and Barnsley players that were regulars in L1 but are surplus to requirements in the championship. ME will continue to cut costs. We will have a budget in L1 which is mid-table, so next to no chance of winning anything.
Just because Norwich and Leeds came back stronger doesn't mean alot. Lets look at the teams that have been relegated in the last 6 years and where they are now

Peterbro L1
Wolves Prem
Bristol City championship
Doncaster L1
Barnsley L1(just promoted)
Yeovil L2 (relegated this season to conf)
Millwall championship
Wigan -championship
Blackpool L1
Charlton L1
MK Dons L2 just promoted back to L1
Bolton - came up and straight back down
Blackburn - championship
Rotherham- came up and straight back down

So of 14 clubs that have been relegated from the championship.. 9 are worse off! Of the teams that made it back to the championship, Millwall, Wigan, Blackburn are worse than what we were a couple of years ago. Bristol City have solidified themselves in the championship but outside the playoffs.

So that leaves Wolves.. 1 club in 5 years that the drop to League one possibly benefited.

I hope I'm very wrong! But under ME I can't see any light at the end of any tunnel
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024