Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who don't like Marcus Evans 10:52 - May 8 with 3141 viewsFrimleyBlue

Take a look at some honest words but one of the best owners of a football club.

Absolutely spot on.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 10:54 - May 8 with 3115 viewsBlueBadger

Pffft, he's sitting pretty this season, given all the money we've chucked at his club this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 10:57 - May 8 with 3074 viewsfooters

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 10:54 - May 8 by BlueBadger

Pffft, he's sitting pretty this season, given all the money we've chucked at his club this season.

HMRC have just sent Marcus a very large cheque indeed. He's rolling in it!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 10:58 - May 8 with 3053 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cant really disagree with that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:00 - May 8 with 3049 viewschicoazul

So in other words, the risks are like the risks pretty much every other commercial business in the country faces?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:01 - May 8 with 3036 viewsfooters

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:00 - May 8 by chicoazul

So in other words, the risks are like the risks pretty much every other commercial business in the country faces?

Sort of, aside from most commercial businesses can offset that risk with profits. Football clubs, of course, do not generally make any profits, meaning the risk is greater still.

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:02 - May 8 with 3021 viewschicoazul

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:01 - May 8 by footers

Sort of, aside from most commercial businesses can offset that risk with profits. Football clubs, of course, do not generally make any profits, meaning the risk is greater still.

But like he says, that is militated by being "sensibly run". My business doesnt make "profits" but you can be damn sure im going on 3 holidays this year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:04 - May 8 with 3009 viewsfooters

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:02 - May 8 by chicoazul

But like he says, that is militated by being "sensibly run". My business doesnt make "profits" but you can be damn sure im going on 3 holidays this year.

I hear Rhyl is nice this time of year.

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:06 - May 8 with 2998 viewsMrTown

Hard to knock his point though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:06 - May 8 with 2991 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

no.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:06 - May 8 with 2988 viewschicoazul

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:04 - May 8 by footers

I hear Rhyl is nice this time of year.

It's got nothing on Hastings.

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 11:09 - May 8 with 2968 viewsDarth_Koont

Eh?

Pronouns: He/Him

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 13:44 - May 8 with 2729 viewsSlambo

I think what I find most depressing about this tweet, and Andy's previous ones, is how few people seem to be rallying behind him. All you ever hear our sarcy, snidey comments like 'what's he moaning about, he did well out of us', or some other attempt to find hypocrisy in his words...

He's bang on. We need to start listening to him, and others that preach the same message (thinking David Conn at the Guardian), mobilising, organising, and fighting institutions that have been specifically designed to make a small cartel obscenely wealthy, while the massive majority are left to rot...

The Premier League - the source of ALL the current financial woes in English football - is probably glad Bolton are on the brink of going under: maybe their fans will all support the flagship of the PL brand Man Utd instead. Every other club outside the Premier League is simply a nuisance. If we don't unite soon, it'll destroy us all...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 13:45 - May 8 with 2716 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I've corrected it.

"The choice is simple: either gamble and risk our club's existence or run sensibly and risk a slow, painful death if Paul Hurst doesn't fancy overpaying for some of your squad."

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 15:39 - May 8 with 2485 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:10 - May 8 with 2403 viewsSwansea_Blue

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 15:39 - May 8 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Yep. Not a thing to invest in. Football clubs are either a rich person's plaything or a millstone around someone's neck.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:19 - May 8 with 2374 viewsActionMan

But equally much of the failings of the last 10 years have been Marcus's doing. I am not about to sit here feeling sorry for him, he turned a club that had been more or less in the top 25-30 teams in England for the better part of half a century with gates of 25k into a club outside of the top 40 teams in a under decade with gates lower than we had for 20 years.

I am not saying he has to spend 300million on us, but i'd like some better leadership, an actual strategy and a little more than "its okay the club still exists" because if thats all we're aspiring to, what is the point? It's not like he rocked up yesterday is it? The fans will stick with it so long as we're promoted next season but if we stay in the third tier for as long as Sheffield United did I can't see many sticking behind him now, he's had one too many chances and not delivered on one thing he's set out to do. That's not the supporters fault either.
For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:20 - May 8 with 2358 viewsfooters

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:19 - May 8 by ActionMan

But equally much of the failings of the last 10 years have been Marcus's doing. I am not about to sit here feeling sorry for him, he turned a club that had been more or less in the top 25-30 teams in England for the better part of half a century with gates of 25k into a club outside of the top 40 teams in a under decade with gates lower than we had for 20 years.

I am not saying he has to spend 300million on us, but i'd like some better leadership, an actual strategy and a little more than "its okay the club still exists" because if thats all we're aspiring to, what is the point? It's not like he rocked up yesterday is it? The fans will stick with it so long as we're promoted next season but if we stay in the third tier for as long as Sheffield United did I can't see many sticking behind him now, he's had one too many chances and not delivered on one thing he's set out to do. That's not the supporters fault either.

We need a man of action in charge. Any ideas?

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:22 - May 8 with 2335 viewshampstead_blue

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 10:57 - May 8 by footers

HMRC have just sent Marcus a very large cheque indeed. He's rolling in it!

Them are the rules.....as much as I dislike them too......

The Accrington owner is spot on.

Football died with the Prem League. I fear for my beloved cricket.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:23 - May 8 with 2330 viewsActionMan

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:20 - May 8 by footers

We need a man of action in charge. Any ideas?

I'd get the turnstiles repainted and increase match day ticket prices as my first action.
For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:38 - May 8 with 2276 viewslongtimefan

For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:19 - May 8 by ActionMan

Some of your points have some merit but the attendance one does not. Do you recall the previous occasion we spent a period of time in the Championship during the 90's? During parts of that period our average attendance fell to around 12k. Being in the Championship for prolonged periods whittles away your support regardless. In fact compared to the 90's our support has held up well.
For those who don't like Marcus Evans on 16:44 - May 8 with 2257 viewsflimflam

They do have some nice new shiny changing rooms though

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024