Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get it going then........ 13:26 - May 8 with 8829 viewschfsittingbell

Looking at the Championship released list....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11688052/which-championship-player

realistically i like the look of

Paul Mcshane or Mile Jedinak
Callum McManaman
Steve Morison or Conor Washington

Obviously we will not be signing many players and who we do will be limited on wages etc. The above would give a little experience to the squad and take the pressure off some of the youngsters having to be at it each week.

Thoughts?
[Post edited 8 May 2019 13:26]
Let's get it going then........ on 13:30 - May 8 with 6909 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mcshane 34 next season
jedinak 35 next season
Morriston 36 next season

Mcmanaman not been any good for a few years.

Washington could be ok.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Let's get it going then........ on 13:35 - May 8 with 6861 viewsmarkand1986

Yeah we are not playing football manager now son. I did see Fielding released at Bristol City so he will get a link.
Let's get it going then........ on 13:38 - May 8 with 6816 viewsBrixtonBlue

David Nugent

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Let's get it going then........ on 13:41 - May 8 with 6807 viewschfsittingbell

Let's get it going then........ on 13:35 - May 8 by markand1986

Yeah we are not playing football manager now son. I did see Fielding released at Bristol City so he will get a link.

If it was football manager i would have added a new manager and bought Jordon Spence for £50 mil and wouldn't need to look around at released players!

Joking aside, Collins has shown what having an experienced CB can do for those around them. I doubt Collins is in any state to sign or play for an entire season so see Mcshane or Jedinak as ideal replacements.
Let's get it going then........ on 13:42 - May 8 with 6797 viewsGeoffSentence

I think we should pick up a couple of those Rotherham lads.

Bilboe and Potter would both be in my fantasy XI.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Let's get it going then........ on 13:46 - May 8 with 6752 viewsclive_baker

It's difficult to say without knowing what sort of condition a lot of these are in, as we really need players that can hit the ground running.

I'm not adverse to signing players in the Autumn of their careers as long as they've still got something in that tank and the motivation to go again. Everyone's different, some players at 34 are as fit as others at 28.

I see Nick Powell is leaving Wigan, but he'll have his sights firmly set on upper Championship or possibly abroad, and he'll be well out of our price range. There's a few interesting ones in terms of players that once showed a lot of promise but have subsequently not kicked on, whether that be injuries or otherwise. McManaman is certainly one, as is Josh Mcrechan - really highly rated as a kid at Chelsea and still only 26, very good playmaker on his day but has struggled with injuries at Brentford. Unfortunately I don't think we're in much of a position to 'take a punt', and frankly I would rather see Dozzell given the opportunity in that role ahead of anyone else.

A couple of wiley, experienced freebies will add some valuable experience and take a little weight off Chambers and Skuse's shoulders. It's as much about character and hunger as anything, we need some leaders and born winners, a la Collins. Morison always strikes me as that sort of player. The sort you want in your dressing room and a bit of a pain to play against, we need a little more of that. We're not street wise enough and a little too nice currently. Someone like a Garner.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Let's get it going then........ on 13:56 - May 8 with 6675 viewsdavblue

Let's get it going then........ on 13:30 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mcshane 34 next season
jedinak 35 next season
Morriston 36 next season

Mcmanaman not been any good for a few years.

Washington could be ok.

I think a battle hardened striker wouldn't be the worst signing to make in Morrison.

He's a different option to anything we have, someone who would be good around the dressing room as well i suspect.
Let's get it going then........ on 13:59 - May 8 with 6633 viewsmarkand1986

Let's get it going then........ on 13:56 - May 8 by davblue

I think a battle hardened striker wouldn't be the worst signing to make in Morrison.

He's a different option to anything we have, someone who would be good around the dressing room as well i suspect.

Norwood and Eaves are the kind of players we will be looking at, players that know the leagues and are free agents.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's get it going then........ on 14:01 - May 8 with 6613 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Micheal Morrison Birmingham

30 years old, Ipswich fan I think and scored 7 goals this season as a centre back and a captain.
Good player.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:01 - May 8 with 6608 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let's get it going then........ on 13:56 - May 8 by davblue

36 in Aug, and scored one goal this season.

Doesn't tempt me.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Let's get it going then........ on 14:05 - May 8 with 6570 viewsdavblue

Let's get it going then........ on 14:01 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

36 in Aug, and scored one goal this season.

Doesn't tempt me.

Good job we aren't in the championship then!

As an option of the bench for the last 20 - 30 mins i think he could do a job for us, as i said a different option to mix it up.
Let's get it going then........ on 14:13 - May 8 with 6499 viewsbontcho

I suspect a League One released list is more relevant.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:14 - May 8 with 6488 viewsHeathlander

Jamie Paterson at Bristol City is a cracking player. Not that he would come here.
Let's get it going then........ on 14:18 - May 8 with 6452 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let's get it going then........ on 14:05 - May 8 by davblue

Good job we aren't in the championship then!

As an option of the bench for the last 20 - 30 mins i think he could do a job for us, as i said a different option to mix it up.

Regardless of whether we are in the Champ, his record is poor.

Not for me thanks.

Let's get it going then........ on 14:22 - May 8 with 6425 viewsKeaneish

Not Jack Rodwell? He covered himself in so much glory on Netflix?

I'd have Barbet, Macleod and Odubajo from Brentford.
Dave Nugent from Derby
David Marshall from Hull
Conor Washington from Sheff Utd

2 defenders, 1 keeper, 1 midfielder and 2 strikers.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:28 - May 8 with 6386 viewsclive_baker

Let's get it going then........ on 14:18 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Regardless of whether we are in the Champ, his record is poor.

Not for me thanks.

I think we need a healthy dose of realism as to who we're likely to attract with our budget, league status and the circus of a season we've just come out of. Morison has a decent enough record at L1 and if he was on the cheap, I wouldn't be adverse to see him come in for 12 months. He puts himself about and is a wily old fox who knows what it takes to get promoted out of League 1. He probably wouldn't start 46 games and score 20 goals but he would be a good asset to have around the place and off the bench IMO. Street wise and a proper grafter, which is what we need to compliment the Dozzell's and Bishop's of the team.

Presumably he'll know Chambers from their Northampton days?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:31 - May 8 with 6378 viewsTractorCam

How many more times? We may see 1 of these old fogies roll down here, but other than that our targets will basically be what we did last summer, league 1 signings.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:32 - May 8 with 6368 viewsSuperblue95

Derby’s released list looks stronger than our starting lineup has most of this season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Let's get it going then........ on 14:38 - May 8 with 6333 viewsSuperblue95

Jake Bidwell
Michael Morrison
Mark Little
Frank Fielding
Gavin Massey

Could be decent free signings in key areas. Not sure there is a striker there who I would want that would come to us

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Let's get it going then........ on 14:41 - May 8 with 6319 viewsIllinoisblue

immediate thought: it's going to be a LONG summer...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:42 - May 8 with 6300 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let's get it going then........ on 14:28 - May 8 by clive_baker

I think we need a healthy dose of realism as to who we're likely to attract with our budget, league status and the circus of a season we've just come out of. Morison has a decent enough record at L1 and if he was on the cheap, I wouldn't be adverse to see him come in for 12 months. He puts himself about and is a wily old fox who knows what it takes to get promoted out of League 1. He probably wouldn't start 46 games and score 20 goals but he would be a good asset to have around the place and off the bench IMO. Street wise and a proper grafter, which is what we need to compliment the Dozzell's and Bishop's of the team.

Presumably he'll know Chambers from their Northampton days?

Jeeez.

Ive said I dont fancy a 36 year old striker with a poor record.

That doesnt mean I think we'll get Harry Kane.

For example, I would probably prefer the likes of Norwood, or to go with our current strikers than sign Morrison.

Morrison may be street wise etc, but he's not very mobile and is on the decline.

Not for me, thanks.

Let's get it going then........ on 14:45 - May 8 with 6258 viewshomer_123

Let's get it going then........ on 14:31 - May 8 by TractorCam

How many more times? We may see 1 of these old fogies roll down here, but other than that our targets will basically be what we did last summer, league 1 signings.

I think you'll find that our targets were indeed League 1 last year, this year will be more like League 2 and Conference.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Let's get it going then........ on 14:47 - May 8 with 6231 viewsclive_baker

Let's get it going then........ on 14:45 - May 8 by homer_123

I think you'll find that our targets were indeed League 1 last year, this year will be more like League 2 and Conference.

It's ME's fool proof strategy, fill the side with average players from the league below and then scratch your head wondering why you've ended up there.

Buzzing for us to raid Stevenage this summer.

Let's get it going then........ on 14:50 - May 8 with 6211 viewshomer_123

Let's get it going then........ on 14:41 - May 8 by Illinoisblue

immediate thought: it's going to be a LONG summer...

and dry in more ways than one.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Let's get it going then........ on 15:43 - May 8 with 6061 viewsiamipswich

Mark Little from Bolton - Alway thought he was the type of RB we need. Haven't seen much of him this year though.

Craig Noone from Bolton - Marauding winger who caused defences problems

Michael Morrison from Birmingham - Town fan, solid at the bank and a threat going forward. Would be surprised if he dropped to League 1 though.

Tom Adeyemi - May be controversial but if we can keep his wages to a reasonable level, I think he would be a great presence in midfield if he did get fit.

Connor Washington from Sheff Utd - Fast, strong and proven he can do it in League 1. There may be better options out there though such as Eaves or Norwood

Poll: Who will return first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024