Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much would you pay to watch Town 16:47 - May 8 with 3832 viewssundaze

in a Champions league final, or an F A cup final?

Tickets for Champions league final are £60, £155, £400 and £550

Tickets for F A cup final are: £43, £70, £115 and £145

Given that there are people on here upset that they won't be getting a 10% discount on their £230 - £400 season tickets, I wondered how much people would be prepared to pay to watch Town if they had got to a major cup final this year. (Yes I know it is light years away.)

For me, I was lucky enough to watch Town lift the F A cup at Wembley and the UEFA cup in Amsterdam. Prices then were affordable, but I would happily give up my holiday to watch Town in another cup final.
How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:48 - May 8 with 3498 viewsJ2BLUE

Any of those amounts, but then I haven't complained about the 10% either

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:50 - May 8 with 3492 viewsTractorCam

I'd pay any of those (presuming I could afford it at the time)

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:51 - May 8 with 3481 viewsclive_baker

I'm not sure the discount is comparable with a trip to watch your club in a cup final. We're talking about £15 to watch Ipswich vs. Forest Green (potentially). A Champions League final in Madrid is a slightly different proposition. I would pay more for that 1 game if we ever got there than I would do for a season ticket in L1.

£500 probably.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:54 - May 8 with 3468 viewsfactual_blue

What is the price for a Champions League final ticket for 64 year olds?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:54 - May 8 with 3459 viewsnorfsufblue

I am pretty sure my FA CUP final ticket was £2.50 .... absolute bargin by todays standards!
How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:58 - May 8 with 3441 viewsJ2BLUE

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:54 - May 8 by factual_blue

The price is should be, the same as a 34 year old.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:00 - May 8 with 3434 viewssundaze

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:54 - May 8 by norfsufblue

I am pretty sure my FA CUP final ticket was £2.50 .... absolute bargin by todays standards!

Yes, £2.50 and I think about the same amount for the coach travel.

The prices wouldn't be so expensive nowadays if there weren't so many tickets given away to sponsors and hangers on.
How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:03 - May 8 with 3419 viewstextbackup

For a club like us (so I’m assuming these events would be a once in a lifetime thing) I’d find the money one way or another to be there at any price.

And I think the wife would be cool with that (she was encouraging me to spend £850 on a flight to WC semi!)

But if I was a Liverpool Man City United fan etc it must be a hard call every couple of years trying to justify £500 flights, £500 hotel rooms and possibly £400/800 for a ticket!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:13 - May 8 with 3383 viewssundaze

How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:03 - May 8 by textbackup

For a club like us (so I’m assuming these events would be a once in a lifetime thing) I’d find the money one way or another to be there at any price.

And I think the wife would be cool with that (she was encouraging me to spend £850 on a flight to WC semi!)

But if I was a Liverpool Man City United fan etc it must be a hard call every couple of years trying to justify £500 flights, £500 hotel rooms and possibly £400/800 for a ticket!

That's fair comment, I remember last year Liverpool had to fly to the Ukraine and it wasn't cheap. Didn't some have tickets and there were not enough flights?
Like you say, expensive business doing it every year, especially if you go to a number of ties along the way to the final.
How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:15 - May 8 with 3375 viewsjeera

Double.

As it may be the last chance you get.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 17:15]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:26 - May 8 with 3338 viewsWD19

Had an Arsenal supporting friend who travelled to Paris for a CL final and had set himself the limit of £1000 for a ticket. I think that is about right.......but if it ever happened (and I needed to) I would probably go well beyond.
How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:33 - May 8 with 3301 viewsfactual_blue

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:58 - May 8 by J2BLUE

The price is should be, the same as a 34 year old.

I'd pay the price that keeps me as far away as possible from as many 34 year olds as possible.

How much would you pay to watch Town on 18:50 - May 8 with 3175 viewsChurchman

I was lucky enough to go to the Cup Final, the play off final and many other great days/nights (Leeds 6th round all 4 games is a special one). I couldn’t go to the Alkmaar games because at that time I’d left home and I just didn’t have the money. Likewise, my dad had a chance of tickets for Lokomotive Leipzig away in the 70s, but he just didn’t have enough £, so he saved it for as luck would have it other memorable games/occasions. Happy memories.
Now? I would pay face value (no more - I won’t pay touts/over the odds) whatever it took/cost, because I can. So in theory nothing has changed from my dad to me. Looking back, I can remember the great occasions I saw, but not the monetary cost.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 18:52]
How much would you pay to watch Town on 18:54 - May 8 with 3158 viewsFtnfwest

Expensive but people still need you and people still feed you though
How much would you pay to watch Town on 18:58 - May 8 with 3149 viewsLord_Lucan

How much would you pay to watch Town on 16:54 - May 8 by norfsufblue

Mine was £2.50 and the home 81 Eufa cup final was also £2.50 (I think the away was 15 Guilders)

Funnily enough, last week I went through a load of my childhood stuff (junk) that Mother had kept and in it was my FA Cup Semi ticket - which was also £2.50!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How much would you pay to watch Town on 19:02 - May 8 with 3142 viewsBlueBadger

Does your grandson want to go?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How much would you pay to watch Town on 19:04 - May 8 with 3132 viewsnorfsufblue

How much would you pay to watch Town on 18:58 - May 8 by Lord_Lucan

Mine was £2.50 and the home 81 Eufa cup final was also £2.50 (I think the away was 15 Guilders)

Funnily enough, last week I went through a load of my childhood stuff (junk) that Mother had kept and in it was my FA Cup Semi ticket - which was also £2.50!

Yeah i got that in a scrapbook too somewhere... need to dig it out and have a look at my old tickets
How much would you pay to watch Town on 19:31 - May 8 with 3091 viewsITFC_Forever

I’d pay any of those FA Cup Final prices.

And for Champions League, I'd pay the bottom two prices at least.

As Texty says, for us it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.... although there would have been the cost of he earlier rounds as well, but I’d find a way.

For the likes of the Liverpool, Man U, Man City etc of this world, it must be very difficult to keep finding the money and justifying it to the Mrs.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How much would you pay to watch Town on 19:41 - May 8 with 3061 viewsSuperfrans

Given that many people on here will have ended up spending several hundred pounds to watch Ipswich in a European away match, I imagine many of us would spend similar on a Cup Final.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

How much would you pay to watch Town on 20:20 - May 8 with 3019 viewsbackwaywhen

How much would you pay to watch Town on 17:03 - May 8 by textbackup

I would say all us tax payers are paying for a lot of those Liverpool tickets anyway !!!!!
How much would you pay to watch Town on 20:39 - May 8 with 2995 viewsfactual_blue

Around 52% of the tickets for the Champions' League Final don't go to fans of the two finalists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48206280

How much would you pay to watch Town on 21:24 - May 8 with 2952 viewsDurovigutum

Grand. I'd buy tickets for my two children too. Three grand to watch ITFC in the champs league final? Worth every penny, although a box would probably be cheaper...

Paid €60 for two tickets to the Europa League final in Stockholm two years ago however so you shouldn't need to spend that much.
How much would you pay to watch Town on 08:16 - May 9 with 2777 views26_Paz

However much I owned at that moment in time

The Paz Man

How much would you pay to watch Town on 08:55 - May 9 with 2736 viewssundaze

How much would you pay to watch Town on 18:58 - May 8 by Lord_Lucan

My abiding memories of that day are all about Kevin Beattie.
He jumped higher than ever before and headed the ball down so hard that it beat the keeper but it was so powerful that it bounced up and over the bar.
Then of course he Broke his arm, Town lost the game and the Beat had played his last great game for us.
How much would you pay to watch Town on 09:01 - May 9 with 2731 viewsHeathlander

I pay any of those prices. I always said if town ever qualified for Europe i was going.

and when we did we get drawn against torpedo Moscow. So I went. It wasn't cheap but one of the best few days of my life.

I'd find the money for FA Cup and Champions League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024