Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I dont care what anyone says 23:27 - May 8 with 5349 viewstextbackup

but the spurs and Liverpool fans supporting from living rooms in Ipswich wont have enjoyed the last 2 nights as much as us lot enjoyed sunday being in the ground, supporting the local team.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I dont care what anyone says on 23:37 - May 8 with 4843 viewsSpruceMoose

Why turn it into some superfan contest?

I'm sure both sets enjoyed it in their own way.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 23:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I dont care what anyone says on 23:40 - May 8 with 4831 viewsSarge

Hate to say it but I enjoyed both the Spurs and Liverpool games more than I enjoyed Sunday.
I dont care what anyone says on 23:41 - May 8 with 4820 viewsSpruceMoose

I dont care what anyone says on 23:40 - May 8 by Sarge

Hate to say it but I enjoyed both the Spurs and Liverpool games more than I enjoyed Sunday.

Arf!

I don't get why it's a competition!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I dont care what anyone says on 23:46 - May 8 with 4798 viewsStNeotsBlue

I dont care what anyone says on 23:40 - May 8 by Sarge

Genuine question but why?

I enjoyed the Spurs and Liverpool wins as I'll support British teams in Europe but Sunday was a pointless but fantastic moment which far surpassed both. In terms of personal enjoyment.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 23:47]
I dont care what anyone says on 23:48 - May 8 with 4778 viewstextbackup

I dont care what anyone says on 23:37 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Why turn it into some superfan contest?

I'm sure both sets enjoyed it in their own way.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 23:40]

im not. i'm saying supporting a club you never see live isn't as good as supporting a club you do. not a competition, that's fact

I dont care what anyone says on 23:49 - May 8 with 4767 viewsDarth_Koont

Stockholm syndrome.

There's a few things to be positive about, and next season could put things right, but don't be daft.

Pronouns: He/Him

I dont care what anyone says on 23:53 - May 8 with 4742 viewsSarge

I dont care what anyone says on 23:46 - May 8 by StNeotsBlue

Genuine question but why?

I enjoyed the Spurs and Liverpool wins as I'll support British teams in Europe but Sunday was a pointless but fantastic moment which far surpassed both. In terms of personal enjoyment.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 23:47]

Quality wise Sunday was a pretty sh1te game of football and as nice as it was to stick it to Leeds with 10 men, it was ultimately a pointless dead rubber game.

This week I’ve watched two of the greatest comebacks of all time and the level of football on show was breathtaking. Couldn’t give a monkeys if the teams were English, they were fantastic adverts for football. Watching Ipswich the past 3 years sucked away my love for football, this kind of drama brought it back.
I dont care what anyone says on 23:55 - May 8 with 4734 viewsSuffolktractor

I dont care what anyone says on 23:48 - May 8 by textbackup

im not. i'm saying supporting a club you never see live isn't as good as supporting a club you do. not a competition, that's fact

Couldn’t agree more.
The feeling of joy when first Downes scored then another of our youngsters Dozzer scored and finally when Quaner scored to give us a meaningless but such an important win, for me beats any armchair television experience.
Login to get fewer ads

I dont care what anyone says on 23:59 - May 8 with 4715 viewsSpruceMoose

I dont care what anyone says on 23:55 - May 8 by Suffolktractor

Couldn’t agree more.
The feeling of joy when first Downes scored then another of our youngsters Dozzer scored and finally when Quaner scored to give us a meaningless but such an important win, for me beats any armchair television experience.

Would it have meant less to you if you weren't able to make it to the ground and had to watch on tv?

What if we get to the playoff final next year and you can't go? Would us winning not feel as good?

I dont care what anyone says on 00:05 - May 9 with 4692 viewsSuffolktractor

I dont care what anyone says on 23:53 - May 8 by Sarge

Quality wise Sunday was a pretty sh1te game of football and as nice as it was to stick it to Leeds with 10 men, it was ultimately a pointless dead rubber game.

This week I’ve watched two of the greatest comebacks of all time and the level of football on show was breathtaking. Couldn’t give a monkeys if the teams were English, they were fantastic adverts for football. Watching Ipswich the past 3 years sucked away my love for football, this kind of drama brought it back.

Can’t agree with that.
There is never a dead rubber when watching the team you love, unless a pre season friendly.
Whilst watching a decent game between 2 decent teams like tonight and last night is interesting and some of the play is very good, I can’t get too worked up about it all.
I may be strange, but I would and do walk down to Portman Road every game and love the whole experience, win, draw or lose because we all feel part of it.
My love of football as a whole has been ruined by the over hyped, over played football served up by Sky etc. over the years.
I may feel different when the Town get back to the Premier League in a couple of years time!
I dont care what anyone says on 00:06 - May 9 with 4684 viewsStNeotsBlue

I dont care what anyone says on 23:53 - May 8 by Sarge

Fair enough. Different strokes for different blokes but that last minute winner from Quarner was the first time I'd seen us win at PR for over a year so was a moment for me.

As you say both comebacks were phenomenal but didn't come close to beating Leeds on Sunday.
I dont care what anyone says on 00:58 - May 9 with 4545 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty sure I'd enjoy reaching a European Cup Final a lot more than a fun but ultimately meaningless win in a season in which we'd been humiliatingly relegated whilst our arch rivals went up as champions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I dont care what anyone says on 01:11 - May 9 with 4503 viewsStNeotsBlue

I dont care what anyone says on 00:58 - May 9 by BlueBadger

Pretty sure I'd enjoy reaching a European Cup Final a lot more than a fun but ultimately meaningless win in a season in which we'd been humiliatingly relegated whilst our arch rivals went up as champions.

That wasn't the point I was responding to. Spurs or Liverpool qualifying is great for Spurs or Liverpool fans but I took greater enjoyment from us beating Leeds at the weekend.
I dont care what anyone says on 03:44 - May 9 with 4401 viewstextbackup

you make jokes about digging up ITFC legends, nothing you say matters

I dont care what anyone says on 03:45 - May 9 with 4398 viewstextbackup

I dont care what anyone says on 23:59 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Would it have meant less to you if you weren't able to make it to the ground and had to watch on tv?

What if we get to the playoff final next year and you can't go? Would us winning not feel as good?

was that the point I was making.... no it wasn't, missing a one off game happens, i'm talking about those never having set foot in the stadiums.

I dont care what anyone says on 07:36 - May 9 with 4075 viewsSitfcB

Quite, but that’s not his point.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I dont care what anyone says on 08:23 - May 9 with 3873 viewsHerbivore

I dont care what anyone says on 23:48 - May 8 by textbackup

How would you know that?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I dont care what anyone says on 08:24 - May 9 with 3870 viewsSlambo

That's not his point though. He's talking about Spurs and Liverpool glory hunters that sit in their 70 quid replica shirts and engage with their club - a club they have zero geographical or filial connection with - exclusively via a screen...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

I dont care what anyone says on 08:30 - May 9 with 3852 viewsSlambo

Agree 100%.

As an aside, in my opinion, glory hunters - and by that I mean those who 'support' a big, glamourous club for no other reason other than their allure and star power - are the absolute scum of the footballing world...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

I dont care what anyone says on 08:32 - May 9 with 3828 viewsHerbivore

I dont care what anyone says on 08:30 - May 9 by Slambo

Agree 100%.

As an aside, in my opinion, glory hunters - and by that I mean those who 'support' a big, glamourous club for no other reason other than their allure and star power - are the absolute scum of the footballing world...

Jesus.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I dont care what anyone says on 08:43 - May 9 with 3775 viewsm14_blue

That’s really not the same thing at all.

I don’t see how anyone can really take issue with the OP, those who regularly go and watch their team are more emotionally invested and have a different relationship with it than the millions of ‘big six’ fans up and down the country who only ever watch on tv.

They still would have enjoyed last night of course, but it wouldn’t be the same.
I dont care what anyone says on 08:47 - May 9 with 3761 viewsGuthrum

I dont care what anyone says on 08:30 - May 9 by Slambo

Agree 100%.

Stones and glass houses. There are plenty of people all over the country (the world, even) who began supporting Ipswich Town because they were a big team playing nice football and competing at the highest level, depite having no other connection with the town or county. Are they not as much fans as the rest of us?

Some of them put in vastly more dedication than the average, travelling to attend matches, taking part in the ITFC community.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I dont care what anyone says on 08:47 - May 9 with 3751 viewsSwansea_Blue

I dont care what anyone says on 08:32 - May 9 by Herbivore

Jesus.

Agreed. He always struck me as a glory hunter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I dont care what anyone says on 09:08 - May 9 with 3666 viewsDarth_Koont

I dont care what anyone says on 08:47 - May 9 by Guthrum

Stones and glass houses. There are plenty of people all over the country (the world, even) who began supporting Ipswich Town because they were a big team playing nice football and competing at the highest level, depite having no other connection with the town or county. Are they not as much fans as the rest of us?

Some of them put in vastly more dedication than the average, travelling to attend matches, taking part in the ITFC community.

Indeed. I was a glory hunter back in the late 70s/early 80s. And paying for that now

It was only because I liked the name Ipswich more than Liverpool ...

Pronouns: He/Him

I dont care what anyone says on 09:32 - May 9 with 3594 viewsitfcjoe

It's almost a different sport at that level now - even though they are loosely competitors with us.

The CL on TV feels like the equivalent of when I watch NFL now, just feel so far removed from it. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw of both games.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024