Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation 09:00 - May 9 with 1942 viewsbontcho

We've known our situation for four weeks and been planning for it for four months. My hope is we're seeing who we can get in before getting rid of certain players (Gerken?)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:04 - May 9 with 1909 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't necessarily see what the issue is to be honest. I imagine Town have a 'duty of care' towards Ward and Adeyemi in that they need to be allowed to use our facilities with regards to rehabilitation and then it's up to the club to offer them something should they prove their fitness during pre-season etc. If not, I'm sure they're inclined to decline that offer and look elsewhere.

I can't see Gerken staying, and if the club offer Collins anything more than a pay as you play deal, they need their heads testing. All will become clear next week I'm sure (still don't have to submit the list for over a week anyway).
[Post edited 9 May 2019 9:53]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:07 - May 9 with 1888 viewsWeWereZombies

I would suggest that the third week in May is relatively early for this to happen given the catastrophic circumstances and our owner's history. To get it right is preferable to getting it done as quickly as possible, if we get it right and in good time for a couple of squad additions before the pre-season training and tour we will have done much better than previously.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:10 - May 9 with 1877 viewshomer_123

This is Ipswich, what do you expect?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:10 - May 9 with 1877 viewsMrTown

ITs ITFC what do you expect.

We’ve got James Collins who is constantly crockeed - go on have another contract son.
Tom Adeyemi who has played in years - go on have another contract son.

Gerken & Ward are fine, have something to offer squad players off the bench.

Duty of care is fine. Let Adeyemi use the facilaity and all that then away he goes.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:16 - May 9 with 1856 viewsGuthrum

I don't really see it's an issue.

There's not going to be much pre-transfer activity at the moment. Everyone's on holiday for most of this month (it's the only chance they get during the year). So I doubt it holds anything up.

It's only been a few weeks, are players expected to make a fairly instant decision on whether they want to stay at a lower level on reduced money, or uproot themselves and their families attempting to find a new employer? Given that matches were still going on (plus group and personal fitness training), there wasn't a lot of time for serious consideration.

Only now the season's over is there leisure for the club to present offers to those they might consider keeping, but on different terms. Or perhaps it's severence packages/arrangements with players who are still in contract which are under discussion?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:20 - May 9 with 1833 viewschicoazul

It is all sorted, more or less.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:47 - May 9 with 1737 viewsSitfcB

Most of it probably is sorted but we don’t know about it which is why it isn’t a big deal.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 09:52 - May 9 with 1705 viewsSuperblue95

If you’re disappointed that we haven’t announced our released list 4 days after the end of the season then I suggest you need to get yourself a hobby.

Not sure why you or anyone else is so eager to see it. It’s not like we’ve got any star players that are about to walk away for nothing

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

You're easily disappointed (n/t) on 10:04 - May 9 with 1658 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 10:17 - May 9 with 1597 viewsTractorWood

It's going to be a long summer.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 10:23 - May 9 with 1572 viewsxrayspecs

No big deal. Talks with those out of contract most likely to have started a long time before Monday, despite what PL says. If only between the club and the agent to explore what each other is thinking.

Would imagine Knudsen, Spence and Dawkins are all sorted, one does not want to stay, the others we do not want to keep.

I could imagine we have made offers to the remaining four players:
Collins - one year deal but on much reduced terms / pay as you play clause + possible coaching role
Gerken and Ward - new two year deals on reduced terms.
Adyemi - possible one year deal on reduced terms to see if he can get fit.

Gerken, Ward and Adyemi all have extensions that Town could trigger. Suspect they will only do this if they have a relegation clause built into reduce salary. Gerken and Ward may be weighing up a longer (two year) deal against Town triggering the extension versus walking away. Normally players will be given a deadline to agree any offer before it is withdrawn, the club also have a date by which they need to trigger the extension.
I'm disappointed that we've not sorted out the contract situation on 11:36 - May 9 with 1477 viewsActionMan

It's Evans era Ipswich. We never get any contract situation sorted do we? Everything from McAuley, Delaney and Leadbitter walking away for free right up to Chambers almost signing for Forest on the day of renewal before triggering the extension! Kevin Bru got released and ended up playing for the first team for the rest of the season we were so hard up!

It's no shock when we're facing cuts to the budget overall we've not got it sorted because we're going to be asking these people for huge pay cuts to stay here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024