Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service 10:43 - May 9 with 2689 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone on here had to deal with Great Anglia Contact Centre before?

In my view the first rule of any customer care organisation should be that you feel at least no worse, and preferably better, about the company after having spoken to their care people.

This lot have riled me right up, and over something fairly trivial.

Anyone else had any experience, good or bad, of dealing with them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:47 - May 9 with 2671 views26_Paz

Greater Anglia as an organisation are ridiculously useless. Their staff at stations and on trains may as well not be there for all the use they are. To be fair to the contact centre though, the one time I could actually be bothered to call them they were very helpful. This was in relation to a delay repay claim that they had messed up (probably my fault actually as it turns out they had misread the e mail address I wrote on the form) and they resolved it within about 5 minutes.

The Paz Man

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:51 - May 9 with 2654 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:47 - May 9 by 26_Paz

Greater Anglia as an organisation are ridiculously useless. Their staff at stations and on trains may as well not be there for all the use they are. To be fair to the contact centre though, the one time I could actually be bothered to call them they were very helpful. This was in relation to a delay repay claim that they had messed up (probably my fault actually as it turns out they had misread the e mail address I wrote on the form) and they resolved it within about 5 minutes.

Maybe I have been unlucky then, but their attitude stinks, anything positive that they do will be as 'a gesture' and not because they failed to provide what I paid for.

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:56 - May 9 with 2638 viewsLord_Lucan

I had a very long running battle with them after Sally the buffet girl refused to give me a plastic cup because I had my own wine.

It went on for weeks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:59 - May 9 with 2620 viewsuefacup81

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:51 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Maybe I have been unlucky then, but their attitude stinks, anything positive that they do will be as 'a gesture' and not because they failed to provide what I paid for.

What was the issue?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:04 - May 9 with 2606 viewshomer_123

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:56 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

I had a very long running battle with them after Sally the buffet girl refused to give me a plastic cup because I had my own wine.

It went on for weeks.

Why would you break a habit and use a cup/ glass as opposed to drinking out of the bottle?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:24 - May 9 with 2594 viewsLord_Lucan

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:04 - May 9 by homer_123

Why would you break a habit and use a cup/ glass as opposed to drinking out of the bottle?

I did in the end.

I only bought a bottle to take on the train as that particular train had a habit of the buffet being closed.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:24 - May 9 with 2585 viewshomer_123

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:24 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

I did in the end.

I only bought a bottle to take on the train as that particular train had a habit of the buffet being closed.

And expensive? ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:32 - May 9 with 2568 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:59 - May 9 by uefacup81

What was the issue?

Paid for a first class ticket (I know, I know, it was a special occasion), but got a bus. I am asking for a refund of the difference between standard and first class. At tops it will be a fiver for each ticket, peanuts to both them and me but I begrudge paying them for something they didn't provide.

Login to get fewer ads

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:33 - May 9 with 2563 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:56 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

It went on for weeks.

Did they not have any pint glasses?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:37 - May 9 with 2550 views26_Paz

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:32 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Paid for a first class ticket (I know, I know, it was a special occasion), but got a bus. I am asking for a refund of the difference between standard and first class. At tops it will be a fiver for each ticket, peanuts to both them and me but I begrudge paying them for something they didn't provide.

If it was planned weekend engineering works (where it is advertised that part of the route will be by bus) you might struggle ...

The Paz Man

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:13 - May 9 with 2439 viewsNo9

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 10:47 - May 9 by 26_Paz

Dutch Company making a lot of profit from the UK taxpayer on a contract they were gifted

Why do they need to worry about customers = who needs them
Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:18 - May 9 with 2421 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:37 - May 9 by 26_Paz

If it was planned weekend engineering works (where it is advertised that part of the route will be by bus) you might struggle ...

The tickets were bought before the works were scheduled, so we paid in advance for first class, but when it came to it could not get first class travel so I think we have a case.

As it happens I think the bloke at GA misunderstood the complaint and thinks that I demanding cash because we missed a connection because of this, which we aren't.

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:21 - May 9 with 2413 viewsuefacup81

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:18 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

The tickets were bought before the works were scheduled, so we paid in advance for first class, but when it came to it could not get first class travel so I think we have a case.

As it happens I think the bloke at GA misunderstood the complaint and thinks that I demanding cash because we missed a connection because of this, which we aren't.

I wouldn't necessarily think so.

There'll no doubt be something in the T&Cs to cover off engineering works booked after the tickets have been booked.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:27 - May 9 with 2400 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:21 - May 9 by uefacup81

I wouldn't necessarily think so.

There'll no doubt be something in the T&Cs to cover off engineering works booked after the tickets have been booked.

It's not like this was a standard class to bus switch, I understand that happens, although don't get me started on paying rail fares to travel by bus - that is wind up enough, but in this case we paid first class and ended up travelling by bus exactly the same as all the standard class fares. All I am asking for is the difference between first class and standard.

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:41 - May 9 with 2366 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 11:37 - May 9 by 26_Paz

Well crikey, they have actually offered us a refund of about 3-4 times what I was expecting.

I have suggested that they check their calculations as it seems a bit high to me.

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:43 - May 9 with 2360 views26_Paz

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:41 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Well crikey, they have actually offered us a refund of about 3-4 times what I was expecting.

I have suggested that they check their calculations as it seems a bit high to me.

If you paid for first class train and had to travel by bus then fair enough I think mate. Bite their hand off!

The Paz Man

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:53 - May 9 with 2342 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:43 - May 9 by 26_Paz

If you paid for first class train and had to travel by bus then fair enough I think mate. Bite their hand off!

Well maybe, I only wanted to right a percieved wrong (paying first class rail fare to go by bus), actually making money out of it doesn't sit well with me. Still I have given them the opportunity to reconsider the amount if they don't take it I will have a nice meal out at their expense.

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:43 - May 9 with 2291 viewspimballwizard

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:27 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

It's not like this was a standard class to bus switch, I understand that happens, although don't get me started on paying rail fares to travel by bus - that is wind up enough, but in this case we paid first class and ended up travelling by bus exactly the same as all the standard class fares. All I am asking for is the difference between first class and standard.

But did you get to sit at the front of the bus ??
Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:46 - May 9 with 2283 viewsblueconscience

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:18 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Was it the Witham/Ingatestone to Newbury Park replacement bus service. If so they have been ongoing on for a few years, therefore you might struggle.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 16:47]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:47 - May 9 with 2282 viewsBlueWharf

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 14:53 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Well maybe, I only wanted to right a percieved wrong (paying first class rail fare to go by bus), actually making money out of it doesn't sit well with me. Still I have given them the opportunity to reconsider the amount if they don't take it I will have a nice meal out at their expense.

You do realise how much money they make from National Rail everytime a train is delayed? Also, the amount of people that don't claim for the delays. They make millions from this.

Just take their money, don't worry about your moral compass in this. I can guarantee, they won't.
Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:59 - May 9 with 2273 viewsNo9

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:47 - May 9 by BlueWharf

You do realise how much money they make from National Rail everytime a train is delayed? Also, the amount of people that don't claim for the delays. They make millions from this.

Just take their money, don't worry about your moral compass in this. I can guarantee, they won't.

I understand GA made 100% profit on difference in what they got from Network Rail to what they paid out.
Basically robbing the taxpayer
Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 17:05 - May 9 with 2268 viewsblueconscience

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:59 - May 9 by No9

I understand GA made 100% profit on difference in what they got from Network Rail to what they paid out.
Basically robbing the taxpayer

Abellio are a rip off pure and simple!!!

When I go back to Sudbury from Stratford (1h 20m) at the weekends it is £22 each way. When I go from Waterloo to Bracknell (1h 15m), during peak time it is £15.30 return, so over double the cost for roughly the same length journey, and the bracknell trains are cleaner too.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 17:06]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 19:08 - May 9 with 2191 viewsGeoffSentence

Greater Anglia Vs Customer Service on 16:43 - May 9 by pimballwizard

But did you get to sit at the front of the bus ??

No! Not even that! If we had there would have been no problem.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024