Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... 14:51 - May 9 with 4679 viewsKieran_Knows

.... this summer.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/09/hull-eye-ipswichs-gwion-edwards/

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 14:54 - May 9 with 3711 viewsSouperJim

Maybe if he only had a year left, but we have the option for a further year. Can't see us wanting to sell, he could be lethal in league one. With that said, I'm sure he has a price and the pressure is on to balance the books...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 14:54 - May 9 with 3697 viewschicoazul

Hmm that's weird, loads of people told me nobody would possibly be interested in our players once we got relegated and that Edwards is rubbish anyway.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 14:56 - May 9 with 3675 viewsSouperJim

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 14:54 - May 9 by chicoazul

Hmm that's weird, loads of people told me nobody would possibly be interested in our players once we got relegated and that Edwards is rubbish anyway.

Loads of people don't know their backside from their elbow innit. His record this season, in a really struggling side, speaks for itself.

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 14:58 - May 9 with 3641 viewsKieran_Knows

Would only leave us with Rowe (who I think will be sold), Lankester and Ward (maybe that's why there is a delay in the retained list and we're still hopeful of keeping him).

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 14:59 - May 9 with 3623 viewsBluefish

Sell!!

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:00 - May 9 with 3624 viewsGeoffSentence

Could still be true, as I recall this HITC site is a bit 'hit and miss' with heavy emphasis on 'miss'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:00 - May 9 with 3619 viewsTractorCam

Let the panic begin.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:02 - May 9 with 3601 viewsBluefish

He is the one that I hoped we could sell. There has been nothing to suggest that he will ever fit in with our style of player. He needs to play hogging the touchline waiting for the ball, Lambert never plays that way. We have seen 433 442 with a diamond and 532 so far. I would have Lankester ahead of Edward all day long

Login to get fewer ads

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:04 - May 9 with 3576 viewsKieran_Knows

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:00 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Could still be true, as I recall this HITC site is a bit 'hit and miss' with heavy emphasis on 'miss'.

Think they're okay in general. Pete O'Rourke who does most of the writing for the website seems to have got a few things right on ITFC in the past.

Still, long summer ahead. Plenty more links like this I'm sure.

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:05 - May 9 with 3566 viewschicoazul

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:02 - May 9 by Bluefish

He is the one that I hoped we could sell. There has been nothing to suggest that he will ever fit in with our style of player. He needs to play hogging the touchline waiting for the ball, Lambert never plays that way. We have seen 433 442 with a diamond and 532 so far. I would have Lankester ahead of Edward all day long

I haven't seen Lankester so can't comment on that, but surely a wide player good for goals and assists is exactly what we would need if we didnt have him already?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:06 - May 9 with 3549 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The interesting thing here would be the fee.

We paid £750,000 for him from a League One club. When you consider that players stepping up from League One to the Championship and doing well have quadrupled in value and beyond there is genuine reason to believe that £1.5m to £2m should be obtainable.

On the face of it this seems laughable for a player out of favour for large parts. But to be a bit part player and score 6 goals in a team that didn't score goals and was relegated by a mile, suggests that in the right team and system he could really flourish at this level.

Most would probably bite Hull's hand off for our money back on him, but even the little he achieved last season, in this team, should have realistically increased his market value based on the craziness of transfer fees.

The other thing to bear in mind that it's one thing to sell Edwards but it then depends on whether we reinvest the money. I'd assume we will have to move a couple on where bids come in to cover the losses, which is fully understandable.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 15:10]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:06 - May 9 with 3545 viewschicoazul

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:00 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

HITC are good. Basically a site which has writers who arent anon and who have their Twitter handles on their articles are worth taking seriously.

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:08 - May 9 with 3521 viewsBluefish

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:05 - May 9 by chicoazul

I haven't seen Lankester so can't comment on that, but surely a wide player good for goals and assists is exactly what we would need if we didnt have him already?

None of the formations above play orthodox wingers so it is pretty pointless.

Edwards is a pace merchant and that is about it, lankester is footballer. I prefer players that don't spend most of the game as spectator

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:08 - May 9 with 3516 viewsGeoffSentence

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:06 - May 9 by chicoazul

HITC are good. Basically a site which has writers who arent anon and who have their Twitter handles on their articles are worth taking seriously.

Maybe I have got them confused with some other site.

Will be interesting to see what happens. I am in the 'better to keep him' camp.

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:10 - May 9 with 3487 viewsSouperJim

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:06 - May 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We paid £750,000 for him from a League One club. When you consider that players stepping up from League One to the Championship and doing well have quadrupled in value and beyond there is genuine reason to believe that £1.5m to £2m should be obtainable.

On the face of it this seems laughable for a player out of favour for large parts. But to be a bit part player and score 6 goals in a team that didn't score goals and was relegated by a mile, suggests that in the right team and system he could really flourish at this level.

Most would probably bite Hull's hand off for our money back on him, but even the little he achieved last season, in this team, should have realistically increased his market value based on the craziness of transfer fees.

The other thing to bear in mind that it's one thing to sell Edwards but it then depends on whether we reinvest the money. I'd assume we will have to move a couple on where bids come in to cover the losses, which is fully understandable.

£1.5M+ and we've got a decision to make, much less than that and we'd be daft imo. As you say, 6 goals from the wing while in and out of a struggling side is no small potatoes. I'm not sure why his stock is so low with Town fans. Edwards, Lankester and Judge are reasons to watch ITFC next season.

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:11 - May 9 with 3483 viewsCoastalblue

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:02 - May 9 by Bluefish

I tend to agree with you, I quite like him as a player but wonder if playing him will affect the balance in our side if we line up as we expect.

I would also have Lankaster playing every game he is fit for if he's up to it, he impressed me the most out of any of our youngsters last year and could go on to be a real quality player, and probably a big cash injection for the club at some point.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:12 - May 9 with 3472 viewsSouperJim

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:08 - May 9 by Bluefish

None of the formations above play orthodox wingers so it is pretty pointless.

Edwards is a pace merchant and that is about it, lankester is footballer. I prefer players that don't spend most of the game as spectator

Saying all he has is pace is a massive injustice imho.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1730038180406525

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:18 - May 9 with 3416 viewschicoazul

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:06 - May 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Could basically be a swap deal in the offing for Keane?

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:20 - May 9 with 3399 viewsGeoffSentence

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:18 - May 9 by chicoazul

Intersting thought.

If that was the case, based on what I have seen this season I think I would still rather we kept Edwards. Probably have to pay Keane higher wages too.

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:33 - May 9 with 3311 viewshomer_123

A player who never seems to have the ball entirely under his control.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:35 - May 9 with 3294 viewsHerbivore

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:18 - May 9 by chicoazul

I know we do some bad business but swapping a contracted player for a free agent seems odd even for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:40 - May 9 with 3258 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:35 - May 9 by Herbivore

I know we do some bad business but swapping a contracted player for a free agent seems odd even for us.

I think Hull have a further year option on Keane, so technically not a free agent yet.

*Disclaimer - it's possible I may be wrong about this*
Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:44 - May 9 with 3227 viewsIpswichKnight

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:35 - May 9 by Herbivore

shhhh don't say it to loud you'll give ME ideas!
Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:58 - May 9 with 3159 viewsfactual_blue

Just as likely to be Edwards' agent seeing who'll bite I guess he doesn't want the pay cut - or knows he's not being retained.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:59 - May 9 with 3147 viewsPJH

Hull City interested in signing Gwion Edwards... on 15:33 - May 9 by homer_123

A player who never seems to have the ball entirely under his control.

A slower version of Joe Broadfoot, for those old enough to remember Joe Broadfoot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024