Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Rooster festival in Suffolk and nerdery 21:12 - May 9 with 1103 viewssparks

Anyone going? Anyone know any of the acts?!

Is it too nerdish to work through the lineup via youtube creating a spreadsheet of which ones seem most interesting?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Red Rooster festival in Suffolk and nerdery on 21:24 - May 9 with 1077 viewsDubtractor

I don't know the acts there this year, having had a look, but it is a festival that has tempted me in the past.

On the second question, absolutely not too nerdish. I listen to every act in advance for festivals I go to, it's a brilliant way to discover new music, and to avoid wasting time watching something you end up not liking! I usually use the clashfinder website for ranking/planning but doesn't look like Red Rooster is on there.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Red Rooster festival in Suffolk and nerdery on 21:27 - May 9 with 1068 viewssparks

Red Rooster festival in Suffolk and nerdery on 21:24 - May 9 by Dubtractor

I don't know the acts there this year, having had a look, but it is a festival that has tempted me in the past.

On the second question, absolutely not too nerdish. I listen to every act in advance for festivals I go to, it's a brilliant way to discover new music, and to avoid wasting time watching something you end up not liking! I usually use the clashfinder website for ranking/planning but doesn't look like Red Rooster is on there.

Never been to a festival. Cant stand the crowds or the noise. Got dragged for a day to Slane Castle once- but didnt stay the night.

But Im going with a mate instead of our traditional guitar week. Going to take guitars and play blues around campfires, eat southern barbecue, and pick out the decent acts. My spreadsheet is developing now... A lot of countryish stuff which I can take or leave but there should be enough of interest. Shame they dont have some of theprevious years' big acts like Pokey Lefarge.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Red Rooster festival in Suffolk and nerdery on 23:14 - May 9 with 973 viewsBLUEBEAT

Budos Band are amazing. Psychedelic funk but much more, really.

I’m really surprised to see them at Red Rooster!

Oh! Gunquit are worth checking out too.

DJ-wise, Jon More (Ninjatunes) and Jo Wallace (top-notch 60s soul/R&B collector) would be my choices.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024