Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is, though not literally, old school 14:32 - May 10 with 5181 viewsGeoffSentence

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/school-issues-warning-to-parents-about-potential-pla

As a lad my school was supposed to be having a fight against the local secondary modern every other week, and yet I can never recall one actually happening.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:11 - May 10 with 4336 viewsBlueBadger

Mate of mine has a theory that the amount of feeble 'you're gonna get banged up you are' posturing is inversely proportional to actual likelihood of something actually kicking off.

See also: 'Top Lads'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:16 - May 10 with 4335 viewsfactual_blue

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:11 - May 10 by BlueBadger

Mate of mine has a theory that the amount of feeble 'you're gonna get banged up you are' posturing is inversely proportional to actual likelihood of something actually kicking off.

See also: 'Top Lads'.

It was once explained to me (by somebody who knows about this stuff) like this

Posturing top lad 'Well, I'm gonna rip your head off and pull your guts out up your neck'.

Dangerous hard man: 'I'll break your arm'.

The former - completely undeliverable. The latter - completely doable.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:36 - May 10 with 4298 viewsclive_baker

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:16 - May 10 by factual_blue

Posturing top lad 'Well, I'm gonna rip your head off and pull your guts out up your neck'.

While I agree it tends to stand true, I remember being outside a club with a friend once in London and a lad threatened to knock him out. His response was along the lines of ‘if you were going to do that I don’t think you would’ve warned me’. Next thing he’s on his arse.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:36 - May 10 with 4295 viewsuefacup81

Indeed. It's always the ones who feel they have nothing to prove that are the most dangerous:

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:42 - May 10 with 4288 viewsfooters

"The former - completely undeliverable"

For you perhaps.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:43 - May 10 with 4283 viewsSpruceMoose

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:42 - May 10 by footers

"The former - completely undeliverable"

For you perhaps.

Facters is more used to his guts coming out of his bottom at random moments.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:45 - May 10 with 4273 viewsfactual_blue

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:43 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

You think it was dull football that led to the steady emptying over several seasons of Block R in the Co-Op Pioneer Stand?

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:49 - May 10 with 4261 viewsfooters

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:43 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Which is a far scarier prospect.

Login to get fewer ads

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:49 - May 10 with 4259 viewsSpruceMoose

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:45 - May 10 by factual_blue

You think it was dull football that led to the steady emptying over several seasons of Block R in the Co-Op Pioneer Stand?

Pukka Pies may have played a part.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:53 - May 10 with 4252 viewsfactual_blue

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:49 - May 10 by footers

Which is a far scarier prospect.

But a far more satisfying one.

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:54 - May 10 with 4251 viewsReuser_is_God

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:36 - May 10 by clive_baker

While I agree it tends to stand true, I remember being outside a club with a friend once in London and a lad threatened to knock him out. His response was along the lines of ‘if you were going to do that I don’t think you would’ve warned me’. Next thing he’s on his arse.

Sorry but I found that funny.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:58 - May 10 with 4235 viewsWD19

It was true, but I think it is changing over time also. It reminds me of a lucky/underserved escape I had from the school hardman 25 years.

I had obviously mouthed off at him once too often so he grabbed me by the throat in front of a large crowd and lifted me clean off the ground. It was a bit of a stick or twist moment, so (remarkably and perhaps unwisely) I said to him something along the lines of "well done, what are you going to do now? Are you going to strangle me, or just put me down and fk off?"

I think he was just so surprised and confused he went with the latter option. These days his equivalent would probably just stab me. I would have deserved it too.
This is, though not literally, old school (n/t) on 16:00 - May 10 with 4230 viewsReuser_is_God

[Post edited 10 May 2019 16:05]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:04 - May 10 with 4200 viewsSpruceMoose

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:58 - May 10 by WD19

It was true, but I think it is changing over time also. It reminds me of a lucky/underserved escape I had from the school hardman 25 years.

I had obviously mouthed off at him once too often so he grabbed me by the throat in front of a large crowd and lifted me clean off the ground. It was a bit of a stick or twist moment, so (remarkably and perhaps unwisely) I said to him something along the lines of "well done, what are you going to do now? Are you going to strangle me, or just put me down and fk off?"

I think he was just so surprised and confused he went with the latter option. These days his equivalent would probably just stab me. I would have deserved it too.

He should have doubled down and given you a long, steamy, lingering kiss.

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:08 - May 10 with 4180 viewsWD19

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:04 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

He should have doubled down and given you a long, steamy, lingering kiss.

Are you trying to tempt Grimboy out to play?
This is, though not literally, old school on 16:12 - May 10 with 4171 viewsSpruceMoose

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:08 - May 10 by WD19

Are you trying to tempt Grimboy out to play?

There's no breaking into the Grimboy/Benters/Pickles threesome. Believe me, I've tried.

That's why I had to throw my lot in with Footers and wkj (God rest his soul).

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:15 - May 10 with 4165 viewsfooters

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:12 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

There's no breaking into the Grimboy/Benters/Pickles threesome. Believe me, I've tried.

That's why I had to throw my lot in with Footers and wkj (God rest his soul).

Desperate times.

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:15 - May 10 with 4160 viewsSpruceMoose

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:15 - May 10 by footers

Desperate times.

You do an excellent job of holding the camera.

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:16 - May 10 with 4157 viewsfooters

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:15 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

You do an excellent job of holding the camera.

If I keep both hands on it.

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:17 - May 10 with 4153 viewsuefacup81

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:49 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Pukka Pies may have played a part.

I can vouch for that.

An afternoon spent in the Bobby Robson suite enjoying a Portman Pie and a few pre-match pints led to an evening of farting the potency of which ended up waking Mrs Uefa from her peaceful slumber!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:19 - May 10 with 4147 viewsSpruceMoose

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:17 - May 10 by uefacup81

I can vouch for that.

An afternoon spent in the Bobby Robson suite enjoying a Portman Pie and a few pre-match pints led to an evening of farting the potency of which ended up waking Mrs Uefa from her peaceful slumber!

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:19 - May 10 with 4149 viewsPendejo

Chantry vs Stoke was a regular after school fixture when I was a kid. I remember them coming over at lunch time when I was a first year and it kicking off by the ice van that used to sit outside the gates.

One year I seem to recall a team up against St. Josephs.

Don't really recall conflict with other schools.

I think by virtue of being a regular away can I knew enough kids from all over town to get by without trouble. Though one night a couple of friends and I got ambushed near Bobbit's Lane... But it turned out to be a "Raiding party" from our school, so as the slowest runner I found out quite quickly as they caught me, one friend turned back to help, the other was a county standard runner... He was gone!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

This is, though not literally, old school on 17:48 - May 10 with 4058 viewsBluefish

I remember it going off like this in Grange Hill so it is a very realistic prospect

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This is, though not literally, old school on 18:50 - May 10 with 3996 viewsballycastle

This is, though not literally, old school on 16:19 - May 10 by Pendejo

Chantry vs Stoke was a regular after school fixture when I was a kid. I remember them coming over at lunch time when I was a first year and it kicking off by the ice van that used to sit outside the gates.

One year I seem to recall a team up against St. Josephs.

Don't really recall conflict with other schools.

I think by virtue of being a regular away can I knew enough kids from all over town to get by without trouble. Though one night a couple of friends and I got ambushed near Bobbit's Lane... But it turned out to be a "Raiding party" from our school, so as the slowest runner I found out quite quickly as they caught me, one friend turned back to help, the other was a county standard runner... He was gone!

Were you Stoke or Chantry? Some of the Stoke expeditions into Chantry and Stone Lodge youth club were great fun.
This is, though not literally, old school on 19:15 - May 10 with 3955 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is, though not literally, old school on 15:58 - May 10 by WD19

If you were being held in the air by the throat are you sure he could make out your garbled utterings......maybe he put you down because you sounded posessed?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024