Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could rewrite the Premier League..... 15:42 - May 10 with 2058 viewsTheSelkirk

When Premier League games are shown TV, live or highlights, there are many matches which, for me at least, have little potential glamour / interest due to the teams involved. (I could usually stop watching and make a cuppa about two thirds of the way through MOTD).

I got to thinking about what my ‘perfect’ Premier League would look like. A league where the likelihood of a boring game would be significantly reduced.

So, and not based on any particular criteria, science, logic, current form or rationale (before anyone tries to rip the thing apart with common sense or intelligent argument), I constructed my Premier League wish list….

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Ipswich
8. Newcastle
9. Sunderland
10. Budgies (purely for the derby games)
11. Dirty Leeds
12. Aston Villa
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Everton
15. West Ham
16. Middlesbrough
17. Charlton
18. West Brom
19. Millwall (purely for match days)
20. Sheffield Wednesday

Just teams that I enjoy, or used to enjoy watching back in the day, with a few decent derby games thrown in. I remain a little uncertain of a few — particularly 16 to 20.

How would yours look?
If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 16:13 - May 10 with 1994 viewsWD19

You can drop Middlesbrough and Charlton from that list. Maybe shove in Southampton and Portsmouth.
If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 16:25 - May 10 with 1980 viewsSpruceMoose

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 16:13 - May 10 by WD19

You can drop Middlesbrough and Charlton from that list. Maybe shove in Southampton and Portsmouth.

Buggger Portsmouth. Give me Coventry.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 16:47 - May 10 with 1941 viewsphillymark

In terms of entertainment value, Bournemouth should be in there. Lots of last minute goals and attacking style. Wolves deserve a spot based on how they have played this year too. If it's the 80s West Brom team, then definitely yes. But if we are going back that far then throw in Coventry and Le Tissier's Southampton
If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 16:59 - May 10 with 1918 viewsTheSelkirk

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 16:25 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Buggger Portsmouth. Give me Coventry.

Aah, didn't think about Coventry .....
If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 17:13 - May 10 with 1902 viewsKropotkin123

1. Notts County
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Ipswich
8. Newcastle
9. Sunderland
10. Budgies (purely for the derby games)
11. Leeds
12. Aston Villa
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Rangers
15. West Ham
16. Celtic
17. Wolves
18. West Brom
19. Millwall (purely for match days)
20. Sheffield Utd

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 18:00 - May 10 with 1863 viewsEatonBlue

In no particular order

1 Ipswich
2 AFC Telford United
3 Nottingham Forest
4 Luton
5 Hereford
6 Sheffield Wednesday
7 Arsenal
8 Torquay
9 Wolves
10 Shrewsbury
11 Newport
12 Oxford United
13 Notts County
14 Leicester
15 Doncaster
16 AFC Wimbledon
17 Bournemouth
18 Burton
19 The New Saints
20 Mansfield
If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 18:09 - May 10 with 1838 viewsSuperblue95

1. Ipswich
2. Cambridge
3. Forest Green Rovers
4. Lowestoft
5. Crawley
6. Braintree
7. Havant and Waterlooville
8. Bromley
9. Sutton United
10. Concord Rangers
11. Boston United
12. Carshalton
13. Chippenham Town
14. Bishops Stortford
15. Bury Town
16. Mildenhall
17. Long Melford
18. The dog and duck
19. Tesco Rovers
20. Hashtag United

Should give us a semi-decent chance of being league title winners again

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 06:32 - May 11 with 1648 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 18:09 - May 10 by Superblue95

1. Ipswich
2. Cambridge
3. Forest Green Rovers
4. Lowestoft
5. Crawley
6. Braintree
8. Bromley
9. Sutton United
10. Concord Rangers
11. Boston United
12. Carshalton
13. Chippenham Town
14. Bishops Stortford
15. Bury Town
16. Mildenhall
17. Long Melford
18. The dog and duck
19. Tesco Rovers
20. Hashtag United

“Chippenham Town secured a first league title after Ipswich were held by the Dog and Duck on the final day...”

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 06:41 - May 11 with 1639 viewsWeWereZombies

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 18:09 - May 10 by Superblue95

1. Ipswich
2. Cambridge
3. Forest Green Rovers
4. Lowestoft
5. Crawley
6. Braintree
8. Bromley
9. Sutton United
10. Concord Rangers
11. Boston United
12. Carshalton
13. Chippenham Town
14. Bishops Stortford
15. Bury Town
16. Mildenhall
17. Long Melford
18. The dog and duck
19. Tesco Rovers
20. Hashtag United

Cambridge United or Cambridge City?

Although real football fans favour Histon Rovers

Or Soham Rangers

And no Ely City?

edit: I've just checked and it is just Histon F.C., people in Glassworld stadiums shouldn't throw stones I guess...
[Post edited 11 May 2019 6:56]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 08:14 - May 11 with 1582 viewsSuperblue95

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 06:41 - May 11 by WeWereZombies

Cambridge United or Cambridge City?

Although real football fans favour Histon Rovers

Or Soham Rangers

And no Ely City?

edit: I've just checked and it is just Histon F.C., people in Glassworld stadiums shouldn't throw stones I guess...
[Post edited 11 May 2019 6:56]

They’ll form a merger to increase their title chances.

Speaking of Cambridge City, I recall playing an old LMA football manager game (04 or 05) and taking over at Cambridge City who had somehow found their way into the conference but were 20 points adrift at the bottom in January when I came. Kept them up on the last day at the expense of Leigh RMI and 6 seasons later I had them playing in the champions league with crowds of 50,000 every match.

And to think Ipswich sacked me in my first season for losing in the Play Offs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 08:39 - May 11 with 1546 viewsWeWereZombies

If you could rewrite the Premier League..... on 08:14 - May 11 by Superblue95

They’ll form a merger to increase their title chances.

Speaking of Cambridge City, I recall playing an old LMA football manager game (04 or 05) and taking over at Cambridge City who had somehow found their way into the conference but were 20 points adrift at the bottom in January when I came. Kept them up on the last day at the expense of Leigh RMI and 6 seasons later I had them playing in the champions league with crowds of 50,000 every match.

And to think Ipswich sacked me in my first season for losing in the Play Offs

Crowds of 50,000! That will keep the developers at bay, or has the ground already been sold - it's been a while since I was round that way. My son used to watch City rather than United when is out with his mates in Cambridge, apparently a much better craic.

As the last non-league side I watched was Woodbridge Town I think they should be in the twenty but I guess I should really come up with my own list
[Post edited 11 May 2019 9:02]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024