Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend 14:39 - May 11 with 2383 viewsLord_Lucan

1 minor conviction couple of years ago, should he declare or not?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 14:57 - May 11 with 2327 viewsActionMan

I mean he already lives in the penal colony so surely that can't count on the mainland... ;)
Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 15:16 - May 11 with 2286 viewsjontysnut

I didn't know you still needed one to get in
Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:12 - May 11 with 2192 viewsSpruceMoose

My moving overseas has taught me two things about dealing with immigration authorities.

1) Don't volunteer any more information than you're actually asked for.

2) Never lie if asked a direct question.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:14 - May 11 with 2175 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.nacro.org.uk/resettlement-advice-service/support-for-individuals/tra

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:19 - May 11 with 2158 viewsLord_Lucan

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:14 - May 11 by factual_blue

https://www.nacro.org.uk/resettlement-advice-service/support-for-individuals/tra

Yes - but does one admit to it, that is the million dollar question.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:44 - May 11 with 2096 viewsurbanblue

Has to declare a criminal record if he's served over 12 months which I guess would not be a minor conviction?

Border Control here are total c**ts so I wouldn't take any chances to be honest.
Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:45 - May 11 with 2079 viewsLord_Lucan

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:44 - May 11 by urbanblue

Has to declare a criminal record if he's served over 12 months which I guess would not be a minor conviction?

Border Control here are total c**ts so I wouldn't take any chances to be honest.

Thanks Urbs, I was going to PM you anyway.

You the man!

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:58 - May 11 with 2051 viewsfactual_blue

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:19 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

Yes - but does one admit to it, that is the million dollar question.

If it's clear it's not going to count against you, what's the problem?

Either way, the potential consequences of not doing so are worse.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 18:09 - May 11 with 1938 viewsWhymarkmariner

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 16:12 - May 11 by SpruceMoose

My moving overseas has taught me two things about dealing with immigration authorities.

1) Don't volunteer any more information than you're actually asked for.

2) Never lie if asked a direct question.

I went through immigration in New York last year. Nothing to do with his color or anything like that, but suspected he might be a bit fussy. He asked me was I going back to the ship that night, stupidly I said "probably" and was asked what I meant by probably. I then said I was going back to the ship. As it happened I had every right to stay ashore as we were their overnight and there were no restriction on getting back to the ship as long as it was before it sailed. But these guys are pretty hot on listening to what you say, so be very careful to use the right words. All was well with getting through immigration but they do take finger prints and a photo, also although you need an Esta it's no guarantee that they will let you in . I don't know so much about Australia, but I suppose they are well versed in detecting whether you have anything to hide.
Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 21:21 - May 11 with 1719 views86wsblue

I had a conviction and decided to come clean and got pulled into a room for 2 hours and seriously interrogated , was touch and go weather I would be allowed in to be honest. If I done it again I would keep quiet.
Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 22:06 - May 11 with 1647 viewsSpruceMoose

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 21:21 - May 11 by 86wsblue

I had a conviction and decided to come clean and got pulled into a room for 2 hours and seriously interrogated , was touch and go weather I would be allowed in to be honest. If I done it again I would keep quiet.

The consequences if they discovered you were lying would probably be a lot more severe than just being denied entry one time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Aussie visa - criminal record. Genuinely asking for a friend on 22:24 - May 11 with 1610 viewsjeera

My mate got a speeding ticket in Oz many moons ago whilst I was in the passenger seat.

After a rollocking the copper handed over a fixed fine and said we had 3 weeks to pay up. We told him we were leaving the country in a few days to which he replied to not bother paying it.

It would stand for 3 years and then be scrubbed and so long as we didn't return in that time there was nothing to worry about he said.

This is possibly of no value to you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024