Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy 21:15 - May 11 with 1458 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Mentioned on the radio this afternoon that Alex Goode who’s just won the European Cup with Saracens and European rugby player of the year no less, used to be in the town academy.

Anyone know anything more of this? Presumably he quite rightly chose rugby at some stage. But was he really in the academy and a prospect, or was he just on a PDP scheme as such?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy on 07:51 - May 12 with 1220 viewssolemio

Yes, I heard that and was surprised too. Don't remember hearing the name, but most Academy players who don't become professionals are not remembered.

Very pleased Alex got the award. I've always felt that he is widely under-estimated in the rugby world; he is very skilful as well as 'well hard, mate'.
Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy on 07:54 - May 12 with 1215 viewsfloridaboy

Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy on 07:51 - May 12 by solemio

Yes, I heard that and was surprised too. Don't remember hearing the name, but most Academy players who don't become professionals are not remembered.

Very pleased Alex got the award. I've always felt that he is widely under-estimated in the rugby world; he is very skilful as well as 'well hard, mate'.

Goode is a class player and so unlucky not to be an England regular. One of the reasons Saracens are so successful.
Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy on 08:54 - May 12 with 1159 viewschristiand

Perhaps he got to the stage where he had to decide which one he seriously wanted to pursue? The majority of youngsters that are good at sport (to that level) are talented in others sports, but due to the demands, commitments and expectations, which are placed on the individual and their family, the others are sacrificed to focus on one.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy on 09:35 - May 12 with 1117 viewsagentp

A lot of those annoying little 9's and 10's were good at football

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Alex Goode (Saracens) used to be in the town academy on 09:45 - May 12 with 1101 viewsPhilTWTD

I asked the former academy chief scout about this years ago, probably around a decade ago, and he'd never heard of him having any involvement here. I suspect as you suggest he was involved in something like a Community Trust team or similar. Or could just have been nonsense added to Wikipedia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024