Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God I hope Man City do the business today 07:26 - May 12 with 5246 viewsbluesym

the thought of Liverpool winning the league and their fanbase (including large % of the media) celebrating it is unbearable.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:21 - May 12 with 2656 viewsHerbivore

I'm not fussed either way. Both sides deserve it really, they both play fantastic football and are streets ahead of everyone else.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:32 - May 12 with 2636 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Seems to me that you can tell a TWTD’ers likely age by these kind of posts.

People who present scousers in an ancient stereotype of thieves and whiners, the latter largely fuelled by an admirable reluctance not to let a national tragedy be blamed on them, something now proven beyond any doubt they were quite right to do.

I’d love Liverpool to win the league. Proper club who have funded this immense team largely based on transfer revenue rather than just owner investment like City.

Any fans winning the league after 30 years would be unbeatable. City’s were in 2012.

I wasn’t a fan of Liverpool in the 70’s or 80’s as one of our fierce title rivals and I didn’t like the favouritism they got back then. But to wish them failure now based on a pathetic old stereotype (which is why most people don’t want them to win it) is incredibly sad.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:35 - May 12 with 2617 viewsbluesym

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:32 - May 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

People who present scousers in an ancient stereotype of thieves and whiners, the latter largely fuelled by an admirable reluctance not to let a national tragedy be blamed on them, something now proven beyond any doubt they were quite right to do.

I’d love Liverpool to win the league. Proper club who have funded this immense team largely based on transfer revenue rather than just owner investment like City.

Any fans winning the league after 30 years would be unbeatable. City’s were in 2012.

I wasn’t a fan of Liverpool in the 70’s or 80’s as one of our fierce title rivals and I didn’t like the favouritism they got back then. But to wish them failure now based on a pathetic old stereotype (which is why most people don’t want them to win it) is incredibly sad.

So after reading through all that you disagree?Cool.

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:56 - May 12 with 2562 viewsGarv

I hope Liverpool win it, because United are desperate for them not to, even if it means City doing it. It might also make them realise they don't have a right to success just because they're 'Manchester United' - uttered in Gary Neville's voice.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:58 - May 12 with 2543 viewsPJH

or maybe someone just likes Man City more than they like Liverpool?
God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:59 - May 12 with 2538 viewsbluesym

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:58 - May 12 by PJH

or maybe someone just likes Man City more than they like Liverpool?

Imagine that!

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:00 - May 12 with 2540 viewsballycastle

'the latter largely fuelled by an admirable reluctance not to let a national tragedy be blamed on them'

Perhaps mention this in Turin?
God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:00 - May 12 with 2534 viewsPJH

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:35 - May 12 by bluesym

So after reading through all that you disagree?Cool.

Why use one sentence when you can use five paragraphs?
Login to get fewer ads

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:02 - May 12 with 2525 viewschristiand

Honestly, can you see Brighton getting anything out of this game? Even if they defend for the whole 90 minutes with two banks of 4, City are still too good not to create chances against the Seagulls. It will be a comfortable 0-3 and City will retain the PL title. Just a pity the fixtures aren't the other way round Wolves vs. City and Liverpool vs. Brighton, it would be a lot more interesting then.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:03 - May 12 with 2513 viewsbluesym

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:02 - May 12 by christiand

Honestly, can you see Brighton getting anything out of this game? Even if they defend for the whole 90 minutes with two banks of 4, City are still too good not to create chances against the Seagulls. It will be a comfortable 0-3 and City will retain the PL title. Just a pity the fixtures aren't the other way round Wolves vs. City and Liverpool vs. Brighton, it would be a lot more interesting then.

Football doesnt work like that though.2012- QPR at home final day for City and we all know what happened! (admittedly City got there by the skin of their teeth!)

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:07 - May 12 with 2490 viewschristiand

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:03 - May 12 by bluesym

Football doesnt work like that though.2012- QPR at home final day for City and we all know what happened! (admittedly City got there by the skin of their teeth!)

We'll see because at times it does, but I can't see more than a damp squib today with some trying to build this up. Soon as City score, it'll be game over. Brighton aren't good enough to score against them.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 11:17]

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:07 - May 12 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:02 - May 12 by christiand

City aren't exactly playing full of confidence right now, they've scraped nervy 1-0 wins in their last two games. I expect City to come through but it's a massive game and they'll be nervous.

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:10 - May 12 with 2477 viewschristiand

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:07 - May 12 by Herbivore

City aren't exactly playing full of confidence right now, they've scraped nervy 1-0 wins in their last two games. I expect City to come through but it's a massive game and they'll be nervous.

Naturally, they'll be nervous but we're talking about a Brighton side that aren't that great and struggle to score themselves (2 goals in the last 7 or 8 games?). Brighton are going to need to score because without doubt City will due to the quality they have. City might only be beating sides 1-0, but that's all they'll need today....job done!

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:15 - May 12 with 2453 viewsHerbivore

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:10 - May 12 by christiand

Naturally, they'll be nervous but we're talking about a Brighton side that aren't that great and struggle to score themselves (2 goals in the last 7 or 8 games?). Brighton are going to need to score because without doubt City will due to the quality they have. City might only be beating sides 1-0, but that's all they'll need today....job done!

We'll see. Brighton will be up for it and they're generally decent at home. Last season when City needed a win to reach 100 points they needed a last minute goal at Southampton. At times in big one-off games City have tended to struggle a bit. I do expect them to come through but it'll be tight and nervy and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they failed to win.

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:17 - May 12 with 2442 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:03 - May 12 by bluesym

QPR had a chance of survival in that game, so was more riding on it for them.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:19 - May 12 with 2423 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

Totally agree. Man City for me. Never have liked Liverpool
[Post edited 12 May 2019 9:21]
God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:22 - May 12 with 2405 viewsnewcastlefan1984

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:19 - May 12 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

Totally agree. Man City for me. Never have liked Liverpool
[Post edited 12 May 2019 9:21]

I don't. Cannot stand Man City and half of their fans are only that because they are now successful. I bet if you were to ask them if they were supporting them in the then old Division 2, they would say no.

Liverpool for me and I am rooting for them today.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:24 - May 12 with 2397 viewsbluesym

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:22 - May 12 by newcastlefan1984

I don't. Cannot stand Man City and half of their fans are only that because they are now successful. I bet if you were to ask them if they were supporting them in the then old Division 2, they would say no.

‘half of their fans’

What a load of bollox

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:25 - May 12 with 2394 viewsartsbossbeard

It's hardly an ancient stereotype when their fans are still behaving like feral animals.

Whether it's pushing pensioners into fountains, stealing cup final tickets out of the hands of children just outside the stadium, fighting each other for these stolen tickets, bashing Bulgarian waiters over the head with concrete blocks, rocking the ambulance outside Anfield when Alan Smith broke his leg and winning UEFA's worst supporters award.

They as a club didn't take the blame for a national tragedy, the initial official line was to blame Heysel on a rogue right wing group of Chelsea fans.

Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:26 - May 12 with 2383 viewsBluebell

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:21 - May 12 by Herbivore

I'm not fussed either way. Both sides deserve it really, they both play fantastic football and are streets ahead of everyone else.

This.....

I hate Man United and I wouldn't care who wins as long as it is not them! So pleased they can only finish 5th.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:27 - May 12 with 2381 viewsbritbiker

Like most Liverpool fans in Essex they are the greatest 'Tv' fans ever albeit they all wear the shirt but never go to a game.
You cannot have a conversstion with them as a real fan. They do not undetstand why us real fans follow local teams And how can they as ive never known them to ever be anything but a top six club.

To them a bad year is ending up third. At least older Man City fans can remember the hard times, albeit the financial aided good times have stolen the true soul of the club.

I spoke to a Livetpool fan I am distantly related too and he is unbarable. He talks Scouse all night but one mention of Ipswich and his response is ' their shyte' and thats it. No debate about why we are what we are because he hasn't a clue about anything outside the TV media bubble.

Thats why I dont want Liverpool to win.

And also that whiny sqeaky accent.....
[Post edited 12 May 2019 12:48]
God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:30 - May 12 with 2368 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:22 - May 12 by newcastlefan1984

You would be able to say the same about our fans if by some miracle we ever get back to the Premier league!
God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:15 - May 12 with 2267 viewssundaze

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:24 - May 12 by bluesym

‘half of their fans’

What a load of bollox

Agree, must be at least 80% of them.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:52 - May 12 with 2153 viewsBlueBadger

God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:15 - May 12 by sundaze

Agree, must be at least 80% of them.

Their average attendance in League One was knocking on 28,00. Maine Road's capacity was 35,000. The capacity of the Etihad is now, 55,00. Attendance there in 2003/4(16th place finish), when it opened was around 39,000 on a capacity of 48,00, rising to an average 45,00 the following season(8th place finish).
In 2015/16 when they finished 4th with an average attendance of 54,000(the current capacity of the Etihad).

The numbers don't support your theory here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:54 - May 12 with 2145 viewsArnieM

I’m with you on this one. I’m from the 1970’s era of football . Somehow it seemed so much better back then - terrace violence aside. There was genuine love for the game from fans . Players by and large tended to stay at a club, wages although high compared to the man in the street were a thousand miles from the obscenity that is paid to players today. The game was a mans game . Hard , honest tackles, with a few rucks in the penalty area ( Arsenal’s Charlie George). Depending on the team you were playing , you kinda knew what dirt if game it would be.

Spurs : exciting wingers and a fast paced game
Arsenal: tight games . Penalty area brawls.
Man Utd / Chelsea: glamour occasion. Big players with skills and a reputation to match.
Liverpool : “ scallies,” the Kop swaying / singing in the North Stand . If you went 1-0 down it was usually always game over.
West Ham: considered a local derby back in those days. Hate the effing song of theirs .
Narwich? We’d never bloody heard of them. They were not even in the top division!!

North Stand singing as ONE. “Knees up mother brown”. The thin blue line of plod between Town and away fans. Your arms either up in the air to clap to the dings ... it pinned down by your sides it was that crammed. Score a goal, and you’re magically transported from the back of the stand to the front , as your feet were off the ground and you were carried by the surging NS !

Yes TWTD indeed. Football today , is by contrast. Sterile, packaged, overhyped, poor quality , run by Sky , and vastly over paid players , who in truth are no better than back then . We just believe all the hype.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024