Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God I hope Man City do the business today 07:26 - May 12 with 5239 viewsbluesym

the thought of Liverpool winning the league and their fanbase (including large % of the media) celebrating it is unbearable.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:04 - May 12 with 2482 viewsBrixtonBlue

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:25 - May 12 by artsbossbeard

It's hardly an ancient stereotype when their fans are still behaving like feral animals.

Whether it's pushing pensioners into fountains, stealing cup final tickets out of the hands of children just outside the stadium, fighting each other for these stolen tickets, bashing Bulgarian waiters over the head with concrete blocks, rocking the ambulance outside Anfield when Alan Smith broke his leg and winning UEFA's worst supporters award.

They as a club didn't take the blame for a national tragedy, the initial official line was to blame Heysel on a rogue right wing group of Chelsea fans.

Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Once again tarring all Liverpool supporters with the same brush.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:05 - May 12 with 2482 viewsBrixtonBlue

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:27 - May 12 by britbiker

Like most Liverpool fans in Essex they are the greatest 'Tv' fans ever albeit they all wear the shirt but never go to a game.
You cannot have a conversstion with them as a real fan. They do not undetstand why us real fans follow local teams And how can they as ive never known them to ever be anything but a top six club.

To them a bad year is ending up third. At least older Man City fans can remember the hard times, albeit the financial aided good times have stolen the true soul of the club.

I spoke to a Livetpool fan I am distantly related too and he is unbarable. He talks Scouse all night but one mention of Ipswich and his response is ' their shyte' and thats it. No debate about why we are what we are because he hasn't a clue about anything outside the TV media bubble.

Thats why I dont want Liverpool to win.

And also that whiny sqeaky accent.....
[Post edited 12 May 2019 12:48]

There are loads of fans of the top clubs like this. It's not restricted to Liverpool.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:09 - May 12 with 2478 viewsBrixtonBlue

God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:54 - May 12 by ArnieM

I’m with you on this one. I’m from the 1970’s era of football . Somehow it seemed so much better back then - terrace violence aside. There was genuine love for the game from fans . Players by and large tended to stay at a club, wages although high compared to the man in the street were a thousand miles from the obscenity that is paid to players today. The game was a mans game . Hard , honest tackles, with a few rucks in the penalty area ( Arsenal’s Charlie George). Depending on the team you were playing , you kinda knew what dirt if game it would be.

Spurs : exciting wingers and a fast paced game
Arsenal: tight games . Penalty area brawls.
Man Utd / Chelsea: glamour occasion. Big players with skills and a reputation to match.
Liverpool : “ scallies,” the Kop swaying / singing in the North Stand . If you went 1-0 down it was usually always game over.
West Ham: considered a local derby back in those days. Hate the effing song of theirs .
Narwich? We’d never bloody heard of them. They were not even in the top division!!

North Stand singing as ONE. “Knees up mother brown”. The thin blue line of plod between Town and away fans. Your arms either up in the air to clap to the dings ... it pinned down by your sides it was that crammed. Score a goal, and you’re magically transported from the back of the stand to the front , as your feet were off the ground and you were carried by the surging NS !

Yes TWTD indeed. Football today , is by contrast. Sterile, packaged, overhyped, poor quality , run by Sky , and vastly over paid players , who in truth are no better than back then . We just believe all the hype.

I agree with everything there apart from the "poor quality" bit at the end. If you actually watch the Premier League, it's not "poor quality."

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:20 - May 12 with 2448 viewsartsbossbeard

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:04 - May 12 by BrixtonBlue

Once again tarring all Liverpool supporters with the same brush.

Once again looking to start an all dayer on the internet.

I'm not playing, I bid you good day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:23 - May 12 with 2437 viewsArnieM

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:09 - May 12 by BrixtonBlue

I agree with everything there apart from the "poor quality" bit at the end. If you actually watch the Premier League, it's not "poor quality."

If you take the top six teams in the PL table and look at “ the rest”, they’re really nothing special IMHO. But that’s the point isn’t it, what does the PL mean, 21 clubs or just 6? Its overhyped and not an even playing field anymore. Back in the 1970’s 80’s it was far more open . You’d start the season and genuinely wonder who would win the league. Not anymore.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:27 - May 12 with 2428 viewsBrixtonBlue

God I hope Man City do the business today on 11:20 - May 12 by artsbossbeard

Once again looking to start an all dayer on the internet.

I'm not playing, I bid you good day.

Once again the debating equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going lalala.

I'm not starting an all dayer, I've got better things to do than be here.

God I hope Man City do the business today on 12:05 - May 12 with 2400 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 12:36 - May 12 with 2376 viewsAce_High1

God I hope Man City do the business today on 12:05 - May 12 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

As a neutral I admire how both teams play but more importantly the way the managers operate. No rubbish antics like Jose etc, just both loving their jobs and encouraging their teams to play good attacking football.

If anyone watched the games in midweek (Liverpool V Barca and Ajax v Spurs) I challenge anyone who didn't enjoy those games. The drama was fantastic so hoping for a bit more today.

As a follower of ITFC football can seem like a very difficult, dull game sometimes but when you watch the elite teams you release the joy of attacking, intensity and winning football.
Login to get fewer ads

God I hope Man City do the business today on 12:45 - May 12 with 2370 viewsfactual_blue

God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:52 - May 12 by BlueBadger

Their average attendance in League One was knocking on 28,00. Maine Road's capacity was 35,000. The capacity of the Etihad is now, 55,00. Attendance there in 2003/4(16th place finish), when it opened was around 39,000 on a capacity of 48,00, rising to an average 45,00 the following season(8th place finish).
In 2015/16 when they finished 4th with an average attendance of 54,000(the current capacity of the Etihad).

The numbers don't support your theory here.

Although City's stay in the third division also led to the lowest crowd ever at Maine Road - 3,007.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

God I hope Man City do the business today on 13:37 - May 12 with 2325 viewsyesjohn99

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:25 - May 12 by artsbossbeard

It's hardly an ancient stereotype when their fans are still behaving like feral animals.

Whether it's pushing pensioners into fountains, stealing cup final tickets out of the hands of children just outside the stadium, fighting each other for these stolen tickets, bashing Bulgarian waiters over the head with concrete blocks, rocking the ambulance outside Anfield when Alan Smith broke his leg and winning UEFA's worst supporters award.

They as a club didn't take the blame for a national tragedy, the initial official line was to blame Heysel on a rogue right wing group of Chelsea fans.

Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

This post is spot on perfect. Media scared to report on the cheeky lovable scousers due to Hillsborough. They’re fans were innocent that day but scarcely before or since. Come on Citeh.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 13:41 - May 12 with 2315 viewsflimflam

God I hope Man City do the business today on 08:32 - May 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Seems to me that you can tell a TWTD’ers likely age by these kind of posts.

People who present scousers in an ancient stereotype of thieves and whiners, the latter largely fuelled by an admirable reluctance not to let a national tragedy be blamed on them, something now proven beyond any doubt they were quite right to do.

I’d love Liverpool to win the league. Proper club who have funded this immense team largely based on transfer revenue rather than just owner investment like City.

Any fans winning the league after 30 years would be unbeatable. City’s were in 2012.

I wasn’t a fan of Liverpool in the 70’s or 80’s as one of our fierce title rivals and I didn’t like the favouritism they got back then. But to wish them failure now based on a pathetic old stereotype (which is why most people don’t want them to win it) is incredibly sad.

So Heysel was not down to those lovable scallies?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:03 - May 12 with 2293 viewsITFC_Forever

God I hope Man City do the business today on 09:17 - May 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

QPR had a chance of survival in that game, so was more riding on it for them.

QPR did survive... and at least one of the late Cuty goals came because QPR switched off as they heard that Bolton (?) had lost to Stoke to send them down and keep QPR safe.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:21 - May 12 with 2271 viewsJ2BLUE

I will probably be proven wrong within 10 mins of kick off but I have a feeling Liverpool will rip Wolves apart today, scoring very early on and City will draw at Brighton. 0-0 or 1-1.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:25 - May 12 with 2265 viewscharlie1

God I hope Man City do the business today on 13:37 - May 12 by yesjohn99

This post is spot on perfect. Media scared to report on the cheeky lovable scousers due to Hillsborough. They’re fans were innocent that day but scarcely before or since. Come on Citeh.

Agreed.
Before, since and still.
But not on that day.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:32 - May 12 with 2253 viewsgiant_stow

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:21 - May 12 by J2BLUE

I will probably be proven wrong within 10 mins of kick off but I have a feeling Liverpool will rip Wolves apart today, scoring very early on and City will draw at Brighton. 0-0 or 1-1.

lump on a man city wolves acca everyone, quick.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:33 - May 12 with 2247 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I fancy a city goal In the first half. Liverpool 0-0 at half time with wolves.

Wolves score a late goal or two as City go 2 up at Brighton.

Brighton 0-2 Citeh
Liverpool 1-2 Wolves

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:42 - May 12 with 2228 viewsJ2BLUE

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:33 - May 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I fancy a city goal In the first half. Liverpool 0-0 at half time with wolves.

Wolves score a late goal or two as City go 2 up at Brighton.

Brighton 0-2 Citeh
Liverpool 1-2 Wolves

I'll be amazed if Liverpool don't win. They don't seem to have the mentality to just down tools if City go a couple of goals up. They seem to want to prove a point.

Liverpool will come out flying. An early goal is the only way they can pressure City.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:57 - May 12 with 2208 viewsbluesym

COME ON CITY

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

God I hope Man City do the business today on 14:58 - May 12 with 2203 viewsgtsb

I'm thinking that too. Liverpool to win the league.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 15:09 - May 12 with 2186 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

God I hope Man City do the business today on 10:54 - May 12 by ArnieM

I’m with you on this one. I’m from the 1970’s era of football . Somehow it seemed so much better back then - terrace violence aside. There was genuine love for the game from fans . Players by and large tended to stay at a club, wages although high compared to the man in the street were a thousand miles from the obscenity that is paid to players today. The game was a mans game . Hard , honest tackles, with a few rucks in the penalty area ( Arsenal’s Charlie George). Depending on the team you were playing , you kinda knew what dirt if game it would be.

Spurs : exciting wingers and a fast paced game
Arsenal: tight games . Penalty area brawls.
Man Utd / Chelsea: glamour occasion. Big players with skills and a reputation to match.
Liverpool : “ scallies,” the Kop swaying / singing in the North Stand . If you went 1-0 down it was usually always game over.
West Ham: considered a local derby back in those days. Hate the effing song of theirs .
Narwich? We’d never bloody heard of them. They were not even in the top division!!

North Stand singing as ONE. “Knees up mother brown”. The thin blue line of plod between Town and away fans. Your arms either up in the air to clap to the dings ... it pinned down by your sides it was that crammed. Score a goal, and you’re magically transported from the back of the stand to the front , as your feet were off the ground and you were carried by the surging NS !

Yes TWTD indeed. Football today , is by contrast. Sterile, packaged, overhyped, poor quality , run by Sky , and vastly over paid players , who in truth are no better than back then . We just believe all the hype.

Gosh that takes me back. North stand with the fans next to you. Those were the days. A whole generation has missed out on that. Where we are now is a disgrace.
God I hope Man City do the business today on 20:44 - May 12 with 2084 viewsBlueBadger

God I hope Man City do the business today on 12:45 - May 12 by factual_blue

Although City's stay in the third division also led to the lowest crowd ever at Maine Road - 3,007.

So, the median attendance would have likely been higher?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024