Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? 09:10 - May 12 with 3572 viewsDubtractor

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:17 - May 12 with 3543 viewsBluebell

Unsmoked back for me preferably with as little fat as possible.

With bacon butties it has to be ketchup too.
Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:22 - May 12 with 3530 viewsHerbivore

Homemade tofu bacon.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:31 - May 12 with 3519 viewsDanTheMan

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:22 - May 12 by Herbivore

Homemade tofu bacon.

Do you have a recipe?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:48 - May 12 with 3496 viewsHerbivore

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:31 - May 12 by DanTheMan

Do you have a recipe?

Get a block of firm tofu (Tofoo Co or Cauldron are best imo) and cut it into thin slices. Dry it on both sides on kitchen towel then sprinkle both sides with smoked paprika, salt and black pepper then rub it in. Fry in oil on a high heat for a couple of minutes on both sides until it starts to go crispy. It's very nice, the slightly thicker slices will still have a nice chew and the really thin ones will go proper crispy.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 17:13]

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 10:24 - May 12 with 3478 viewsfactual_blue

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:48 - May 12 by Herbivore

Get a block of firm tofu (Tofoo Co or Cauldron are best imo) and cut it into thin slices. Dry it on both sides on kitchen towel then sprinkle both sides with smoked paprika, salt and black pepper then rub it in. Fry in oil on a high heat for a couple of minutes on both sides until it starts to go crispy. It's very nice, the slightly thicker slices will still have a nice chew and the really thin ones will go proper crispy.

You've missed out the last step: remove tofu slice from pan, throw away and get some bacon.

[Post edited 12 May 2019 10:39]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 10:43 - May 12 with 3448 viewsBlueBadger

Cooked is definitely best.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 11:02 - May 12 with 3434 viewsfactual_blue

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:22 - May 12 by Herbivore

Homemade tofu bacon.

That's 'homemade fried tofu slices'. No pig involved, so it isn't bacon.

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 11:33 - May 12 with 3417 viewsfactual_blue

You've also missed out 'treacle cured' and 'beer cured'.

[Post edited 12 May 2019 11:34]

Login to get fewer ads

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 11:36 - May 12 with 3408 viewsblueconscience

Maple Cured Bacon

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 11:36 - May 12 with 3411 viewsLord_Lucan

Smoked streaky.

Fry the streaky bacon in a dry pan as the fat will act as the cooking grease, fry until very crispy. Use sliced white bread and it must be fresh as a daisy and well buttered.

Do not use Danish bacon, they treat their pigs appallingly.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 12:14 - May 12 with 3384 viewsvilanovablue

Smoked and more importantly dry cured after that I'm pretty unfussy.
Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 13:33 - May 12 with 3331 viewsjontysnut

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 12:14 - May 12 by vilanovablue

Smoked and more importantly dry cured after that I'm pretty unfussy.

That on cheap white sliced and brown sauce
Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 14:00 - May 12 with 3308 viewsSpruceMoose

No Bacon Sushi option???

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 14:08 - May 12 with 3296 viewsJ2BLUE

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 09:48 - May 12 by Herbivore

Have you ever tried temeh? Looks pretty good.

The answer to the op is clearly this:

Beer bacon. I would probably cut some of the fat off to be honest. In a large fresh white bap or granary roll. Ketchup. Bacon crispy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 14:16 - May 12 with 3281 viewsHerbivore

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 14:08 - May 12 by J2BLUE

Have you ever tried temeh? Looks pretty good.

The answer to the op is clearly this:

Beer bacon. I would probably cut some of the fat off to be honest. In a large fresh white bap or granary roll. Ketchup. Bacon crispy.

Tempeh is okay, not a massive fan but lots of people love the stuff.

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 16:13 - May 12 with 3226 viewsBLUEBEAT

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 14:16 - May 12 by Herbivore

Tempeh is okay, not a massive fan but lots of people love the stuff.

“oh my god they grilled tempeh”

Poll: W or W

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:10 - May 12 with 3193 viewsDubtractor

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 11:36 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

Smoked streaky.

Fry the streaky bacon in a dry pan as the fat will act as the cooking grease, fry until very crispy. Use sliced white bread and it must be fresh as a daisy and well buttered.

Do not use Danish bacon, they treat their pigs appallingly.

This is pretty much the right answer btw.

I can go with different breads, but otherwise pretty good effort Lucan.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:23 - May 12 with 3174 viewssparks

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:10 - May 12 by Dubtractor

For the record, Vegan Bacon is not a "type of bacon".

Its okay to have discussions about bacon, without pandering to people who wouldnt be interested in it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:27 - May 12 with 3162 viewsDubtractor

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:23 - May 12 by sparks

Its okay to have discussions about bacon, without pandering to people who wouldnt be interested in it.

Also for the record, I'm not pandering to anyone.

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:30 - May 12 with 3158 viewsHerbivore

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:27 - May 12 by Dubtractor

Also for the record, I'm not pandering to anyone.

He's just being a knob, best ignored.

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:32 - May 12 with 3156 viewsSpruceMoose

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:23 - May 12 by sparks

I bet you're a right laugh in real life. You're just bit of a dilbert on here to balance things out.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:35 - May 12 with 3149 viewsLord_Lucan

Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty? on 17:10 - May 12 by Dubtractor

I actually whacked a pack of streaky on after typing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024