Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd referendum 09:14 - May 12 with 23614 viewsgazzer1999

For all those that are seeking a 2nd referendum are you using the upcoming euro elections as just that?. It would be a good way for you to prove a point by not voting Labour or Conservative, and instead voting Libdems as they are the only party that have said they want to stay in the EU and have a clear way forward.
On the other hand if the Brexit Party get the most votes will they accept that they could not win a 2nd referendum?
2nd referendum on 09:17 - May 12 with 7043 viewsDubtractor

In answer to the first question yes.

For the second, it isn't quite that simple, much as the local election last week didn't mean we all want to stay after all.

That said, if Brexit party storm it, I've no doubt that the main parties will see it as proof that they need to deliver brexit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

2nd referendum on 09:26 - May 12 with 7017 viewsWeWereZombies

Nine O'clock news just said that The Brexit Party are likely to be the biggest winners in the EU elections.

Also an item of on the rise of organised crime and how it is now responsible for more deaths than war and famine put together as criminals use ever more sophisticated ways of practising crime.

Just saying...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

2nd referendum on 09:52 - May 12 with 6973 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

They will never allow another referendum. You cant dismiss 17 million votes just like that. It would cripple democracy in this country forever.
2nd referendum on 09:56 - May 12 with 6961 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 09:26 - May 12 by WeWereZombies

Nine O'clock news just said that The Brexit Party are likely to be the biggest winners in the EU elections.

Also an item of on the rise of organised crime and how it is now responsible for more deaths than war and famine put together as criminals use ever more sophisticated ways of practising crime.

Just saying...

So are you saying being in the EU is the reason behind the rise of organised crime?
As we have not currently left that is how your view is coming across, and that the EU are doing nothing to stamp it out.
Perhaps individual countries should take more responsibility, rather than hiding behind a curtain of the EU which in your words is clearly failing.
2nd referendum on 09:56 - May 12 with 6954 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 09:52 - May 12 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

They will never allow another referendum. You cant dismiss 17 million votes just like that. It would cripple democracy in this country forever.

Those 17m can still vote in a second referendum.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2nd referendum on 09:56 - May 12 with 6954 viewsRocky

What crippled democracy was the lies told by the Brexiteers.
2nd referendum on 10:03 - May 12 with 6938 viewsOldsmoker

The Green party, SNP, Plaid Cymru and Change UK have also said that they want to stay in the EU.
That bit about "a clear way forward" is actually going back - to the way it was before the referendum.
The Brexit party is a "single issue" party. They have no other policies so a vote for them is an unambiguos vote for Brexit.
It's rather clever of Farage to keep it one-dimensionable.
In a war, the guys dropping the bombs aren't the ones doing the rebuilding when peace is declared.
I'm voting Green ..... or Lib Dems or........anyone but Farage.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

2nd referendum on 10:04 - May 12 with 6934 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 09:56 - May 12 by Rocky

What crippled democracy was the lies told by the Brexiteers.

There were lies from both sides.
Login to get fewer ads

2nd referendum on 10:07 - May 12 with 6922 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 09:56 - May 12 by Herbivore

Those 17m can still vote in a second referendum.

They dont need to. Its already happened once. Thats democracy. Keep voting because you dont like the outcome isnt how it works. Shall we keep playing the liverpool and man city games today, until everyone gets the outcome they want?
2nd referendum on 10:09 - May 12 with 6907 viewscatch74

2nd referendum on 10:04 - May 12 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

That’s fine then, if the lies even out the democracy has clearly won.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

2nd referendum on 10:12 - May 12 with 6900 viewsitfc_bucks

2nd referendum on 10:04 - May 12 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

Name those remain lies.

Let's see if they were quite as monumental as, say 350m per week for the NHS.
2nd referendum on 10:16 - May 12 with 6888 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 10:12 - May 12 by itfc_bucks

Name those remain lies.

Knew that one would get dragged up. Hasnt stopped a hell of a lot of support for brexit though. As you will see in the EU election
2nd referendum on 10:18 - May 12 with 6880 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 10:09 - May 12 by catch74

That’s fine then, if the lies even out the democracy has clearly won.

Correct
2nd referendum on 10:18 - May 12 with 6876 viewstomo

2nd referendum on 10:07 - May 12 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

They dont need to. Its already happened once. Thats democracy. Keep voting because you dont like the outcome isnt how it works. Shall we keep playing the liverpool and man city games today, until everyone gets the outcome they want?

No point, Liverpool and City can both go for the title again next season.
2nd referendum on 10:18 - May 12 with 6878 viewsTractorWood

Cameron's naïve approach was the issue. Public opinion on capital punishment has been generally been in favour of limited reintroduction since the mid-60's. However, whenever it gets remotely close to the legislature it gets slapped down with condescension.

Direct democracy only works if people understand the complexity of the issue. Which, in both cases the electorate does not. It should never have been a binding referendum.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

2nd referendum on 10:19 - May 12 with 6875 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sh*t analogy. They’ll get the chance to replay them all again next season.

I’d recommend people watch Brexit Behind Closed Doors (on BBC4 I think). It’s a fascinating insight into the farce. We know from having watched the disaster unfolding over the last 3 years that we were woefully ill prepared to take this to Europe. Seeing the reactions from the EU side as this all played out is compelling viewing. Our government are political pygmies in comparison.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

2nd referendum on 10:19 - May 12 with 6870 viewsHerbivore

You have a really odd view of democracy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2nd referendum on 10:20 - May 12 with 6868 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 10:18 - May 12 by tomo

No point, Liverpool and City can both go for the title again next season.

Shame in a democratic vote you cant then isnt it?
2nd referendum on 10:22 - May 12 with 6868 viewsgazzer1999

Name those remain lies.

You do realise that when yo add in the tariffs that the EU levy on goods coming into the UK, which we collect then hand over to the EU to spend as it sees fit. The £350 million a week was untrue, the real figure is probably 3 to 4 times that amount.
"The lie" you refer to is was only a suggestion what we could do with the £350 million, pretty much what Labour says at every general election at how they will spend on the NHS, but in reality never do so.
Funny how the very tactic Labour drags out every time is the one that gets up the noses more than any. But as I pointed out earlier the reality with regards money is vastly higher than the £350 million. And we as consumers are paying the price with over the odds higher prices.
2nd referendum on 10:22 - May 12 with 6863 viewsSteveMcCallsTeeth

2nd referendum on 10:19 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Sh*t analogy. They’ll get the chance to replay them all again next season.

I’d recommend people watch Brexit Behind Closed Doors (on BBC4 I think). It’s a fascinating insight into the farce. We know from having watched the disaster unfolding over the last 3 years that we were woefully ill prepared to take this to Europe. Seeing the reactions from the EU side as this all played out is compelling viewing. Our government are political pygmies in comparison.

Shall we replay the referendum every year then too?
2nd referendum on 10:24 - May 12 with 6850 viewsBlueBadger

2nd referendum on 10:16 - May 12 by SteveMcCallsTeeth

Knew that one would get dragged up. Hasnt stopped a hell of a lot of support for brexit though. As you will see in the EU election

So what WERE the lies told by the Remain campaign?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2nd referendum on 10:25 - May 12 with 6846 viewskeebsdad

Is that like winning a general election to the paramount democratic body in the UK, The House of Commons, and then saying it will cripple democracy in this country if we have another general election in five years time?
2nd referendum on 10:26 - May 12 with 6843 viewsBlueBadger

It's exactly how democracy works. That's why governments change every few years.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 11:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2nd referendum on 10:26 - May 12 with 6844 viewsgazzer1999

Name those remain lies.

What like the budget the next day, rising unemployment, higher interest rates, recession. Oh yes I remember them well. All those things were going to happen, 3 years later I am still waiting.
2nd referendum on 10:26 - May 12 with 6842 viewsDarth_Koont

Surely this also depends on whether you see this being a short-term gig until we leave or that we're not going to leave?

So there are your own priorities but then seen through the prism of what you think will play out on a national level. That's where your vote has meaning.

By all means, people can vote on a one-off situation like Brexit or as a protest vote, but too many people doing that is what's got us into our current mess.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024