Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd referendum 09:14 - May 12 with 23615 viewsgazzer1999

For all those that are seeking a 2nd referendum are you using the upcoming euro elections as just that?. It would be a good way for you to prove a point by not voting Labour or Conservative, and instead voting Libdems as they are the only party that have said they want to stay in the EU and have a clear way forward.
On the other hand if the Brexit Party get the most votes will they accept that they could not win a 2nd referendum?
2nd referendum on 15:43 - May 12 with 2729 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

2nd referendum on 15:35 - May 12 by Herbivore

That's because you think of them as our tariffs. In reality they're the EU's tariffs.

This is the sort of truth that Remain should have told the great unwashed more of.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

2nd referendum on 15:54 - May 12 with 2710 viewsLord_Lucan

2nd referendum on 15:35 - May 12 by Herbivore

That's because you think of them as our tariffs. In reality they're the EU's tariffs.

They are HMRC tariffs but the tariff rate is set by The EU.

It just doesn’t make any sense that we pay 80% back to EU, I never knew this and nor did you. I’m quite surprised that you think this is reasonable. By previously asking for proof of this I assume you also thought it was unreasonable.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

2nd referendum on 16:06 - May 12 with 2693 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 15:54 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

They are HMRC tariffs but the tariff rate is set by The EU.

It just doesn’t make any sense that we pay 80% back to EU, I never knew this and nor did you. I’m quite surprised that you think this is reasonable. By previously asking for proof of this I assume you also thought it was unreasonable.

No, I just wanted some evidence given Brexiteers' propensity for saying things that aren't true. Having read up a bit around it then it makes sense to me, essentially we're collecting EU tarrifs on imports into the EU on their behalf. I don't have a problem with that, we will have signed up to that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2nd referendum on 16:14 - May 12 with 2685 viewsLord_Lucan

2nd referendum on 16:06 - May 12 by Herbivore

No, I just wanted some evidence given Brexiteers' propensity for saying things that aren't true. Having read up a bit around it then it makes sense to me, essentially we're collecting EU tarrifs on imports into the EU on their behalf. I don't have a problem with that, we will have signed up to that.

But these are tariffs previously kept by HMRC and it is trade generated by the success of UK business. We already pay a fee for being part of EU, what is the difference between giving EU 80% of import duty and some of the Vat we collect?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

2nd referendum on 16:30 - May 12 with 2658 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 16:14 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

But these are tariffs previously kept by HMRC and it is trade generated by the success of UK business. We already pay a fee for being part of EU, what is the difference between giving EU 80% of import duty and some of the Vat we collect?

When were they kept? We'd have had to agree any change. It's different because it concerns international trade for which we are part of the EU bloc and benefit from and trade under that membership.

2nd referendum on 16:47 - May 12 with 2638 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 16:30 - May 12 by Herbivore

When were they kept? We'd have had to agree any change. It's different because it concerns international trade for which we are part of the EU bloc and benefit from and trade under that membership.

You need to remember the EU as a country does not exist its a coalition of member states. The tariffs are collected on behalf of the EU to spend as it sees fit. That apart from paying a "membership fee is how they raise their money. So you could say that its not our money but theirs, if we were not a member we could set tariffs that suit ourselves rather than the EU as a collective, this could mean we strike deals with countries so that our exports are cheaper so make more money for this country.
What you as an individual have to decide is this a good or bad deal? Maybe if we could unshackle there would be more money for the NHS, that for me is a good thing.
I still do not get why you have to pay to be a member, we are all trading nations thats all it needs to be, everyones happy. Since we have been members our fishing and manufacturing industries have been decimated, so not good for Great Britain. Cars are more used now than they have ever been, but virtually no British manufactures, Germany and France on the other hand big car Business, so we buy from them, doesn't help our economy one bit.
With regard to freedom of movement, I am happy to have eastern europeans over here working if we lack the skills they have. But I would like to see more money put into training our young people to do these jobs instead of relying bought in labour. While we have the status quo nothing will change.
2nd referendum on 16:48 - May 12 with 2638 viewsLord_Lucan

We would have kept it until we agreed not to - at some point just before or during our EU tenure.

I’m not sure being part of the EU benefits our international trade by 80% of value. I’m a bit shocked by this actually, I really am. The import duty for goods coming into UK should all go to HMRC and stay there, just as the VAT from the sale of these goods does.

If we are importing goods from overseas the fact we are in the EU is irrelevant, unless of course the country of origin would have a trade embargo with UK and I’m struggling with this one............

2nd referendum on 16:48 - May 12 with 2637 viewsPinewoodblue

i am surprised people didn't realise that we collected import tariffs for the EU. Look at how much money the EU spends each year. The UK contribution based on GDP is small fry to the loss of revenue to the EU if they we leave and started keeping any import tarriffs on goods from outside the EU.

LL have you calculated how much money your business pays the EU annually? Fees which you have to pass on to your customers..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

2nd referendum on 16:50 - May 12 with 2635 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 16:47 - May 12 by gazzer1999

You need to remember the EU as a country does not exist its a coalition of member states. The tariffs are collected on behalf of the EU to spend as it sees fit. That apart from paying a "membership fee is how they raise their money. So you could say that its not our money but theirs, if we were not a member we could set tariffs that suit ourselves rather than the EU as a collective, this could mean we strike deals with countries so that our exports are cheaper so make more money for this country.
What you as an individual have to decide is this a good or bad deal? Maybe if we could unshackle there would be more money for the NHS, that for me is a good thing.
I still do not get why you have to pay to be a member, we are all trading nations thats all it needs to be, everyones happy. Since we have been members our fishing and manufacturing industries have been decimated, so not good for Great Britain. Cars are more used now than they have ever been, but virtually no British manufactures, Germany and France on the other hand big car Business, so we buy from them, doesn't help our economy one bit.
With regard to freedom of movement, I am happy to have eastern europeans over here working if we lack the skills they have. But I would like to see more money put into training our young people to do these jobs instead of relying bought in labour. While we have the status quo nothing will change.

You don't understand why we have to pay to be part of the EU? I think that's me out.

2nd referendum on 17:01 - May 12 with 2625 viewsLord_Lucan

2nd referendum on 16:48 - May 12 by Pinewoodblue

i am surprised people didn't realise that we collected import tariffs for the EU. Look at how much money the EU spends each year. The UK contribution based on GDP is small fry to the loss of revenue to the EU if they we leave and started keeping any import tarriffs on goods from outside the EU.

LL have you calculated how much money your business pays the EU annually? Fees which you have to pass on to your customers..

We pay 6.5% of the cost of goods from China direct to HMRC. By way of our standard mark ups by the time our goods hit the high street retailer that figure will cost the consumer about 40%.

I’m off for a lay down.

2nd referendum on 17:13 - May 12 with 2611 viewsHerbivore

2nd referendum on 16:48 - May 12 by Pinewoodblue

Are you sure about our contribution being small fry compared to the amount coming from tariffs? According to the link below we collected £3.1bn for the EU in 2015. I imagine that's gone up a bit but it's still relatively small potatoes in terms of the UK's GDP and budget, let alone the EU's.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/125/12505.htm
[Post edited 12 May 2019 17:40]

2nd referendum on 17:37 - May 12 with 2594 viewsbluejacko

Mind you if we left the EU we could always set and collect our own tariffs and not pay any body else anything! Just an idea mind.
2nd referendum on 18:08 - May 12 with 2567 viewsnoggin

2nd referendum on 17:37 - May 12 by bluejacko

Mind you if we left the EU we could always set and collect our own tariffs and not pay any body else anything! Just an idea mind.

I never realised it was that easy.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

2nd referendum on 18:15 - May 12 with 2555 viewsDarth_Koont

2nd referendum on 18:08 - May 12 by noggin

Yeah. Apparently in a global economy criss-crossed by international trade agreements, we can do whatever we want.

Everyone else will agree because we're British.

Pronouns: He/Him

2nd referendum on 18:27 - May 12 with 2540 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, not sure why we've been faffing around really. Just leave and then set our own tariffs and we'll be much better off. Simple.

2nd referendum on 18:32 - May 12 with 2535 viewsDarth_Koont

2nd referendum on 18:27 - May 12 by Herbivore

Yeah, not sure why we've been faffing around really. Just leave and then set our own tariffs and we'll be much better off. Simple.

Aah. I see you've been to The David Davis School for International Trade Negotiation.

2nd referendum on 18:33 - May 12 with 2532 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

2nd referendum on 18:15 - May 12 by Darth_Koont

Yeah. Apparently in a global economy criss-crossed by international trade agreements, we can do whatever we want.

Everyone else will agree because we're British.

Lol .....it's like progressive globalist tag wrestling on here today!

2nd referendum on 18:35 - May 12 with 2530 viewsDarth_Koont

2nd referendum on 18:33 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lol .....it's like progressive globalist tag wrestling on here today!

Is it?

Are they the twerps trying to oversimplify stuff and ignore reality?

2nd referendum on 18:50 - May 12 with 2495 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

2nd referendum on 18:35 - May 12 by Darth_Koont

Is it?

Are they the twerps trying to oversimplify stuff and ignore reality?

I think Gazzer's had a pretty good day on here to be honest.....enjoy your back scratching with Herbs.

2nd referendum on 18:50 - May 12 with 2496 viewsbluejacko

That’s the second time you have said that to one of my posts! Can I refer you to my post on page 4 at 15.00. You said the same about the Irish border please read the link and see if politicians don’t get involved it can be sorted. But that would not suit the agenda on here, it is all about what we can’t do not what we can!
2nd referendum on 18:55 - May 12 with 2481 viewsDarth_Koont

2nd referendum on 18:50 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think Gazzer's had a pretty good day on here to be honest.....enjoy your back scratching with Herbs.

Thanks?

Enjoy whatever it is you're doing.

2nd referendum on 18:56 - May 12 with 2479 viewsDarth_Koont

2nd referendum on 18:50 - May 12 by bluejacko

That’s the second time you have said that to one of my posts! Can I refer you to my post on page 4 at 15.00. You said the same about the Irish border please read the link and see if politicians don’t get involved it can be sorted. But that would not suit the agenda on here, it is all about what we can’t do not what we can!

Well, you can't think. Which is a major stumbling block.

2nd referendum on 19:10 - May 12 with 2468 viewsbluejacko

2nd referendum on 18:56 - May 12 by Darth_Koont

Well, you can't think. Which is a major stumbling block.

There you go! Being rude is about your level isn’t it? still all you plastic experts know best so I will just leave you all to it.
2nd referendum on 19:16 - May 12 with 2459 viewsDarth_Koont

2nd referendum on 19:10 - May 12 by bluejacko

There you go! Being rude is about your level isn’t it? still all you plastic experts know best so I will just leave you all to it.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

It's not a judgement, it's just an observation.

2nd referendum on 19:19 - May 12 with 2452 viewsgazzer1999

2nd referendum on 18:50 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

But has it made you think there is always 2 sides of a story?
No idea who herbs is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024