Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mansfield v Newport 19:29 - May 12 with 5341 viewsgtsb

So much more entertaining than the rest of Sundays fare. Newport fans making it a great atmosphere too. Proper old school . Love it.
Mansfield v Newport on 19:34 - May 12 with 5324 viewsWD19

Just flicked over to see the both the F and C bombs being used in a thoughtfully constructed 2 word sentence in the linesmans face. The romance of lower league football.
Mansfield v Newport on 19:40 - May 12 with 5281 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

How has Mal Benning got on (Mansfield LB). One of few left-backs with any credibility available in the summer on a free?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mansfield v Newport on 19:40 - May 12 with 5277 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I had a £14.25 bet on the 6 playoff ties this weekend.

Need a Mansfield winner for £338.31. If they don’t win, it’s £116. So I’ve laid some off to make a bigger guaranteed profit.

Been a good weekend of football.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mansfield v Newport on 19:41 - May 12 with 5276 viewsgtsb

Mansfield v Newport on 19:34 - May 12 by WD19

Just flicked over to see the both the F and C bombs being used in a thoughtfully constructed 2 word sentence in the linesmans face. The romance of lower league football.

Years ago when Sudbury Town were in existence I was an avid fan and would watch both Ipswich and Sudbury whenever I could. The opposition goalkeepers at the Sudbury games would have to endure people standing directly behind their goal and the language was quite vicious at times. I remember one keeper wanting to fight everyone behind his goal. The ref had to calm him down. TWTD.
Mansfield v Newport on 19:53 - May 12 with 5226 viewsFtnfwest

Very enjoyable. Mansfield keeper superb in both games so far.
Mansfield v Newport on 19:56 - May 12 with 5211 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Mansfield v Newport on 19:53 - May 12 by Ftnfwest

Very enjoyable. Mansfield keeper superb in both games so far.

Looks some way out of shape as well.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mansfield v Newport on 19:57 - May 12 with 5195 viewsFtnfwest

Mansfield v Newport on 19:56 - May 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

Looks some way out of shape as well.

You certainly wouldn’t want to argue with him, made a banksesque tip over in the first leg
Mansfield v Newport on 20:13 - May 12 with 5143 viewsm14_blue

Great game!
Login to get fewer ads

Mansfield v Newport on 20:16 - May 12 with 5129 viewsjasondozzell

Looks like going to pens!
Mansfield v Newport on 20:17 - May 12 with 5124 viewsgtsb

Mansfield v Newport on 20:16 - May 12 by jasondozzell

Looks like going to pens!

I don't know how. Superb stuff.
Mansfield v Newport on 20:23 - May 12 with 5106 viewsSteve_M

Mansfield v Newport on 20:17 - May 12 by gtsb

I don't know how. Superb stuff.

That was superb defending. Only seen extra time but glad I put it on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mansfield v Newport on 20:31 - May 12 with 5075 viewsstrikalite

Mansfield v Newport on 19:40 - May 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I had a £14.25 bet on the 6 playoff ties this weekend.

Need a Mansfield winner for £338.31. If they don’t win, it’s £116. So I’ve laid some off to make a bigger guaranteed profit.

Been a good weekend of football.

How did your start of season bet get on Rommy?

Was lucky with mine..

Man C 4/6
Cardiff relegated 4/6
Villa top 6 11/8
Pompey top 6 13/8

Stake £70 returned £1016 - £82.50 as laid Liverpool two weeks ago at 7/2
Mansfield v Newport on 20:37 - May 12 with 5050 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mansfield v Newport on 20:31 - May 12 by strikalite

How did your start of season bet get on Rommy?

Was lucky with mine..

Man C 4/6
Cardiff relegated 4/6
Villa top 6 11/8
Pompey top 6 13/8

Stake £70 returned £1016 - £82.50 as laid Liverpool two weeks ago at 7/2

Great that mate! Well in! Mine was ruined by Reading and Wimbledon staying up. Although I did also have singles on Brentford and Middlesbrough for the championship which was poor.

I’ve had one of my best betting months in years. Plenty of nice ones landing across the horses and footy. Middlesbrough to beat Rotherham last week was a steal. Charlton at 11/5 today was another great bet.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mansfield v Newport on 20:44 - May 12 with 5035 viewsstrikalite

Mansfield v Newport on 20:37 - May 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Great that mate! Well in! Mine was ruined by Reading and Wimbledon staying up. Although I did also have singles on Brentford and Middlesbrough for the championship which was poor.

I’ve had one of my best betting months in years. Plenty of nice ones landing across the horses and footy. Middlesbrough to beat Rotherham last week was a steal. Charlton at 11/5 today was another great bet.

Cheers mate, I do fancy Charlton to go up, in good form and whilst everyone in eyeing either Pompey or Sund'nd I don't think those two are playing that well and Charlton quietly going about their business..

Sh1t just seen Newport win on pens, at least you laid it and got over a hundred...
Mansfield v Newport on 20:46 - May 12 with 5017 viewsMelford

Mansfield v Newport on 19:41 - May 12 by gtsb

Years ago when Sudbury Town were in existence I was an avid fan and would watch both Ipswich and Sudbury whenever I could. The opposition goalkeepers at the Sudbury games would have to endure people standing directly behind their goal and the language was quite vicious at times. I remember one keeper wanting to fight everyone behind his goal. The ref had to calm him down. TWTD.

Do you remember the Hungerford Vase semi in 1989?

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Mansfield v Newport on 20:56 - May 12 with 4977 viewsgtsb

Mansfield v Newport on 20:46 - May 12 by Melford

Do you remember the Hungerford Vase semi in 1989?

Yes I did every vase game that year. Hounslow away was the highlight. Played with ten men for most of the game yet won 1-0 . On a side note the Dalai farmer , god rest his soul, was at two vase finals as I met him at Wembley and either Upton Park or White Hart Lane. He had no affiliation to Sudbury but loved football.
Mansfield v Newport on 21:09 - May 12 with 4939 viewsMelford

Mansfield v Newport on 20:56 - May 12 by gtsb

Yes I did every vase game that year. Hounslow away was the highlight. Played with ten men for most of the game yet won 1-0 . On a side note the Dalai farmer , god rest his soul, was at two vase finals as I met him at Wembley and either Upton Park or White Hart Lane. He had no affiliation to Sudbury but loved football.

I went to Wembley against Tamworth but missed the replay because we went on holiday. I used to love that old Priory Stadium. I did go and watch them a lot at that time when Ipswich were away, me and the old man didn't start going away properly until a couple of years later. DF was a legend. Getting on for 7 years now, I'll always remember it because it was the same night as the big Roses comeback gig in Heaton Park and I'd talked about it on here with him the night before.

Mansfield v Newport on 21:20 - May 12 with 4910 viewsgtsb

Mansfield v Newport on 21:09 - May 12 by Melford

I went to Wembley against Tamworth but missed the replay because we went on holiday. I used to love that old Priory Stadium. I did go and watch them a lot at that time when Ipswich were away, me and the old man didn't start going away properly until a couple of years later. DF was a legend. Getting on for 7 years now, I'll always remember it because it was the same night as the big Roses comeback gig in Heaton Park and I'd talked about it on here with him the night before.

Sudbury had a lot of Ipswich based players. In the 70's it was Dave Sandilands , a superb winger, and the likes of Dougie Dodds, Dougie Wade the goalkeeper, I went to school with his boy Steve Wade who was also a keeper, and that vase side had a lot of Ipswich players Dean and Gary Barker, Dave Hubbick, Phil Boyland, Mike Henry, Marty Thorpe etc were all from Ipswich. The day Sudbury Town went bust was it for me. I've never been to AFC Sudbury and never will.
Mansfield v Newport on 21:51 - May 12 with 4837 viewsMelford

Mansfield v Newport on 21:20 - May 12 by gtsb

Sudbury had a lot of Ipswich based players. In the 70's it was Dave Sandilands , a superb winger, and the likes of Dougie Dodds, Dougie Wade the goalkeeper, I went to school with his boy Steve Wade who was also a keeper, and that vase side had a lot of Ipswich players Dean and Gary Barker, Dave Hubbick, Phil Boyland, Mike Henry, Marty Thorpe etc were all from Ipswich. The day Sudbury Town went bust was it for me. I've never been to AFC Sudbury and never will.

I've never been to AFC. I should really try and watch Melford a bit more, the ground's literally 2 minutes away from me and I never go. They won a cup the other day.

Mansfield v Newport on 22:56 - May 12 with 4736 viewsTIB

Mansfield v Newport on 19:40 - May 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

How has Mal Benning got on (Mansfield LB). One of few left-backs with any credibility available in the summer on a free?

Work with some Mansfield fans and they rate him for L2...played a bit in L1 with Walsall. On the contract side though I'm sure they've said the club have an optional year extension on his current contract.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Mansfield v Newport on 23:53 - May 12 with 4689 viewsBlueBadger

Let's be fair, if you're a neutral, there's been some fabulous football-related drama on offer today and most of the week just gone.

Hell, I'd goas far as saying that this week has been An Excellent Advertisement For The English Game.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mansfield v Newport on 07:21 - May 13 with 4571 viewswoodbridge_blue

Mansfield v Newport on 21:20 - May 12 by gtsb

Several of that Sudbury Vase squad went on to play for Woodbridge Town, Gary and Paul (Sniffer ) Barker, Craig Oldfield, Dave Hubbick (who also managed the Woodpeckers for six years), Dean Garnham, Marty Thorpe, who was in the year above me at primary school in Woodbridge....they helped us get promotion to the Jewson League Premier Division. All excellent players at that level and good blokes too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024