Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team 11:30 - May 13 with 1824 viewsStuartSlater

Hi...

I still don't have them as greatest and this is somewhat controversial but .. and i don't expect people to agree - but the Arsenal double winning team of 97/98 was the most complete team i have seen...

Then I would put City from last season... De Bruyne was playing at another level and they had so much pace.

Then United trebble winning team and then in fourth place this current team which has been awesome!!!

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 11:39 - May 13 with 1807 viewsdavblue

I think City would beat them all.

Their style of play wouldn't allow those other teams to get the ball.

The united 99 and Arsenal 98 teams probably have better players in some positions but Pep is the trump card.

Pep is the Messi of the coaching world, he's a fantastic manager and will be the best of all time if he keeps his hunger. What is it 2 seasons where he hasn't won the title in 10 seasons, just incredible.
Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 11:49 - May 13 with 1784 viewsFixed_It

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 11:39 - May 13 by davblue

I think City would beat them all.

Their style of play wouldn't allow those other teams to get the ball.

The united 99 and Arsenal 98 teams probably have better players in some positions but Pep is the trump card.

Pep is the Messi of the coaching world, he's a fantastic manager and will be the best of all time if he keeps his hunger. What is it 2 seasons where he hasn't won the title in 10 seasons, just incredible.

Pep is good - but he has the luxury of some amazing players at City. Let him manage our current crop of players and see just how good he is or isn't.
If you're reading this Pep, come on down!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 11:52 - May 13 with 1778 viewsvilanovablue

Hear a stat on Pep on the radio this morning during his managerial career he has effectively won a trophy every 23 games. I know that this is purely based on a games/trophies average but it is a staggering stat!
Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:26 - May 13 with 1731 viewsdavblue

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 11:49 - May 13 by Fixed_It

Pep is good - but he has the luxury of some amazing players at City. Let him manage our current crop of players and see just how good he is or isn't.

What do you expect at a top level team though? He's not exactly going to buy rubbish is he?

Fergie had great players it doesn't diminish what he's done. He's a remarkable manager you obviously needs good players as a manager otherwise you aren't going anywhere at any level.

Your 3rd sentence, yeah come on down.
Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:31 - May 13 with 1714 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Probably third for me after United 08/09 and last seasons city team which was just ruthless.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:33 - May 13 with 1707 viewsSuperblue95

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:26 - May 13 by davblue

What do you expect at a top level team though? He's not exactly going to buy rubbish is he?

Fergie had great players it doesn't diminish what he's done. He's a remarkable manager you obviously needs good players as a manager otherwise you aren't going anywhere at any level.

Your 3rd sentence, yeah come on down.

Ferguson worked his way up from the bottom though in order to eventually get his chance at United.

Pep remarkably got his break at one of the best clubs in the world and when you consider the three clubs he’s been at (and the money they’ve spent) the stat about winning 8 league titles in 10 seasons isn’t as impressive as it sounds

He’s done poorly in European competition since Barcelona too (where he was managing comfortably the best team of my lifetime)

Overall, yes he’s a great manager but I’m not sure if I’d call him the “Messi of the managerial world”
[Post edited 13 May 2019 12:34]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:51 - May 13 with 1669 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:33 - May 13 by Superblue95

Ferguson worked his way up from the bottom though in order to eventually get his chance at United.

Pep remarkably got his break at one of the best clubs in the world and when you consider the three clubs he’s been at (and the money they’ve spent) the stat about winning 8 league titles in 10 seasons isn’t as impressive as it sounds

He’s done poorly in European competition since Barcelona too (where he was managing comfortably the best team of my lifetime)

Overall, yes he’s a great manager but I’m not sure if I’d call him the “Messi of the managerial world”

He got his break at Barcelona as he was very successful managing their B team in the lower leagues

Undoubtedly the resources at his disposal help but he still has to beat other sides with similar circumstances - and it’s notable that Man City are the first team to retain the PL title in some time

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 13:20 - May 13 with 1633 viewsdavblue

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 12:33 - May 13 by Superblue95

Barcelona B was where he started, yeah he got a break at Barcelona, but that was a team that had big issues a lack of culture, not professional and he won 6 trophies in a 15 months.

If it was that easy more would be doing it, he is the Messi of the managerial world, he's an innovator from which most managers now look to as a reference point.

He's got to semi's most years, it's a hard one to win the champs league.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 14:41 - May 13 with 1584 viewsrickw

I would go with this Man City team - other starting XI's have probably been as strong but I don't think anyone's had a squad as strong as them.
If you take out their first XI they could still name:
Bravo
Danilo
Stones
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Gundogan
Delph
Foden
Sane
Mahrez
Jesus
(This is assuming Mendy is fit and Bernardo Silva is on the wing, with De Bruyne + D. Silva in midfield)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 17:03 - May 13 with 1514 viewsGarv

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 11:49 - May 13 by Fixed_It

He does, but he's also used and improved players who aren't or weren't considered world beaters.

Sterling is the best example. De Bruyne let go by Chelsea. Somehow. They've spent but done so wisely, previous City managers spent a lot and had success but not on this level and with the same style.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Man City 18/19 - where do they stack as greatest premier league team on 22:20 - May 13 with 1359 viewsbournemouthblue

I think his management style gets the very best out of the best players

But as you say, some of his tactics and methods simply would be lost on our cloggers

He'd probably have more success as a youth coaching bringing through and developing the next generation of players

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024