Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you aren't somewhat concerned about this 13:09 - May 13 with 9340 viewsGuthrum

you probably ought to be.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/12/uae-four-merchant-ships-reported-s

Looking increasingly like John Bolton might get his war.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:11 - May 13 with 5252 viewshomer_123

No one ever goes to war over oil.....ohhhhh

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:13 - May 13 with 5245 viewsSteve_M

This incident is really odd though, pro-Iranian media were spreading stories about ships in flames which clearly weren't true and, whilst there seems to be some damage caused, so far the shipping press have very little detail. Normally, the circumstances of any incident are spread quickly.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Mystery-deepens-in-sabotage-of-oil-tankers-in-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:13 - May 13 with 5241 viewsStokieBlue

Did you have to put that last line?

The false flag posts are only minutes away.

As you say though, it's worrying.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:20 - May 13 with 5205 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A war in the middle east.... whatever next.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:20 - May 13 with 5203 viewsGuthrum

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:13 - May 13 by StokieBlue

Did you have to put that last line?

The false flag posts are only minutes away.

As you say though, it's worrying.

SB

I don't think it's any secret that Bolton is itching for a fight with Iran.

Who knows what this incident actually is, being currently just a set of claims and counter-claims. Might even not be an "attack" at all, but instead an accident or a minor incident greatly magnified. However at a time of heightened tension, a spark like this has the capability to cause a conflagration.

Especially when you have the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in the equation, who are a law unto themselves and quite likely to do things without asking Tehran first.

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:23 - May 13 with 5183 viewsStokieBlue

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:20 - May 13 by Guthrum

I don't think it's any secret that Bolton is itching for a fight with Iran.

Who knows what this incident actually is, being currently just a set of claims and counter-claims. Might even not be an "attack" at all, but instead an accident or a minor incident greatly magnified. However at a time of heightened tension, a spark like this has the capability to cause a conflagration.

Especially when you have the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in the equation, who are a law unto themselves and quite likely to do things without asking Tehran first.

The facts aren't going to matter. Someone in this thread is going to say it's a false flag by the US to start a war. There will be no evidence, just the assumption that is the truth because it fits their narrative.

Bolton is a total fool, I think everyone will likely be able to agree on that. There is no sense at all in getting involved in Iran.

SB

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:23 - May 13 with 5183 viewsGuthrum

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:20 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

A US-Iranian conflict has the capacity to be bigger and messier than Iraq or Syria. Plus causing significant disruption to the world's oil supplies (with consequent price increases on fuel and then everything not transported by bicycle).

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:25 - May 13 with 5172 viewsfactual_blue

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:11 - May 13 by homer_123

No one ever goes to war over oil.....ohhhhh

All Churchill's fault.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:25 - May 13 with 5166 viewsBlueBadger

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:23 - May 13 by Guthrum

A US-Iranian conflict has the capacity to be bigger and messier than Iraq or Syria. Plus causing significant disruption to the world's oil supplies (with consequent price increases on fuel and then everything not transported by bicycle).

Not to mention the recruitment boost it'll provide to extremist groups once the civilian casualties start mounting.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:26 - May 13 with 5166 viewsGuthrum

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:23 - May 13 by StokieBlue

The facts aren't going to matter. Someone in this thread is going to say it's a false flag by the US to start a war. There will be no evidence, just the assumption that is the truth because it fits their narrative.

Bolton is a total fool, I think everyone will likely be able to agree on that. There is no sense at all in getting involved in Iran.

SB

I don't think it's a US "false flag", but I wouldn't put it past the Saudis (or even Israel, currently) to stage/claim something in order to get the Americans deeper involved.

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:26 - May 13 with 5157 viewsfooters

SB

The [redacted] lobby in the US means it wouldn't necessarily have to make sense for the US to get involved in Iran (again).

Plenty of neocon loons still about Capitol Hill.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:30 - May 13 with 5134 viewsGuthrum

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:25 - May 13 by BlueBadger

Not to mention the recruitment boost it'll provide to extremist groups once the civilian casualties start mounting.

Not quite that straightforward. Most of the Islamist groups are hardline Sunni, who hate Shi'a - which Iranians predominantly are - at least as much as they do the West, if not more so.

They're also backed (privately or otherwise) by people in Iran's regional enemies in Saudi Arabia and some of the Gulf States.

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:32 - May 13 with 5123 viewsOldsmoker

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:20 - May 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

We haven't finished the last ones yet.
Syria, Yemen, Palestine/Israeli conflict, Turkey/Kurds etc.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:02 - May 13 with 5057 viewsEwan_Oozami

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:25 - May 13 by factual_blue

All Churchill's fault.

I trace most problems back to either the Romans, Henry VIII, or Napoleon - in this case I'm going with Napoleon! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:16 - May 13 with 5022 viewsfactual_blue

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:02 - May 13 by Ewan_Oozami

I trace most problems back to either the Romans, Henry VIII, or Napoleon - in this case I'm going with Napoleon! :-)

It was Churchill's decision to switch the Royal Navy to oil-fired ships, therby giving the Middle East stratwgic importance.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:27 - May 13 with 4993 viewsBluesquid

He already got his war, he was one of the chief architects of the Iraq war and the total fabrication that the US pushed about WMD's.

That's why the world needs real accountability, cretins like Bolton needed to be held to account for their role in the illegal and disastrous Iraq war.

Well he wasn't and this is where the world is right now, the worlds super power being run by war criminals and religious extremist nutjobs who believe in the rapture.

Boltons friends will be rubbing their hands together in glee.
If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:33 - May 13 with 4964 viewsDarth_Koont

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:27 - May 13 by Bluesquid

He already got his war, he was one of the chief architects of the Iraq war and the total fabrication that the US pushed about WMD's.

That's why the world needs real accountability, cretins like Bolton needed to be held to account for their role in the illegal and disastrous Iraq war.

Well he wasn't and this is where the world is right now, the worlds super power being run by war criminals and religious extremist nutjobs who believe in the rapture.

Boltons friends will be rubbing their hands together in glee.

The US is a "super power being run by war criminals and religious extremist nutjobs who believe in the rapture." All inside Trump's flappy circus tent.

It's like a South Park episode.

Pronouns: He/Him

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:36 - May 13 with 4958 viewspimballwizard

I am certainly concerned.

I smell a rat and will point my finger at the Us or Israel.Or both . We are currently in the middle of Ramadan (due to end about 4 Jun ) and historically the propensity for aggression from the Islamic sides is much reduced especially at this time of year where days are long and bellies are empty.
If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:40 - May 13 with 4946 viewsStokieBlue

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:36 - May 13 by pimballwizard

I am certainly concerned.

I smell a rat and will point my finger at the Us or Israel.Or both . We are currently in the middle of Ramadan (due to end about 4 Jun ) and historically the propensity for aggression from the Islamic sides is much reduced especially at this time of year where days are long and bellies are empty.

Boom.

No evidence because there are no facts yet but straight in there with the false flag accusation.

SB
[Post edited 13 May 2019 14:41]

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:48 - May 13 with 4905 viewsGuthrum

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 14:02 - May 13 by Ewan_Oozami

I'm more inclined to blame Khosrow II on this one.

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 15:35 - May 13 with 4814 viewsBluesquid

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 13:26 - May 13 by Guthrum

I don't think it's a US "false flag", but I wouldn't put it past the Saudis (or even Israel, currently) to stage/claim something in order to get the Americans deeper involved.

Oh look...

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/bolton-is-spinning-israeli-intelligence-to-pus
If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 15:36 - May 13 with 4811 viewscrunchie1978

Bolton is a war hawk....CIA ready to pull the trigger....money to be made in war dear boy!........LOTS......
If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 15:43 - May 13 with 4790 viewsGuthrum

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 15:36 - May 13 by crunchie1978

Bolton is a war hawk....CIA ready to pull the trigger....money to be made in war dear boy!........LOTS......

Altho nations usually lose heavily from wars.

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 17:00 - May 13 with 4709 viewscaught-in-limbo

SB

Yep, who needs a crazy conspiracy theorist to come up with a silly "false flag" story, when the likes of Richard Clawson, currently the Director for Research at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy can tell you how it really works:

EDIT: Boom!
[Post edited 13 May 2019 17:04]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 18:30 - May 13 with 4622 viewsStokieBlue

If you aren't somewhat concerned about this on 17:00 - May 13 by caught-in-limbo

Yep, who needs a crazy conspiracy theorist to come up with a silly "false flag" story, when the likes of Richard Clawson, currently the Director for Research at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy can tell you how it really works:

EDIT: Boom!
[Post edited 13 May 2019 17:04]

That's not evidence.

Not that you'll accept that. Specifics are key, you love to work in the generals.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024