Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood 21:55 - May 13 with 9781 viewsReuser_is_God

Class

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

James Norwood on 21:59 - May 13 with 6625 viewsMrTown

V good striker, movement and intelligence is superb, always looking for half a yard. Superb finish tonight, ultimately sending Tranmere through, that’s what clinical strikers do.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

James Norwood on 22:01 - May 13 with 6604 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Didn't watch the whole match but from what I saw I am not sure class described him. However, hard working with good movement and an eye for goal, clearly better than anything we have at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

James Norwood on 22:02 - May 13 with 6588 viewsbournemouthblue

It's going to totally suck when he joins a rival over us

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

James Norwood on 22:03 - May 13 with 6581 viewsFreddies_Ears

James Norwood on 22:01 - May 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't watch the whole match but from what I saw I am not sure class described him. However, hard working with good movement and an eye for goal, clearly better than anything we have at the moment.

A bit Murphyish, I thought. Though that was mostly from his size and body art.
James Norwood on 22:04 - May 13 with 6579 viewsPJH

James Norwood on 22:02 - May 13 by bournemouthblue

It's going to totally suck when he joins a rival over us

What does suck is when you look at the 23 teams that will eventually be our "rivals", well most of them anyway.
James Norwood on 22:07 - May 13 with 6529 viewsMrTown

James Norwood on 22:01 - May 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

He’s a v clever centre forward though. Always looking towards moving for pockets of space. And he’s v tigerish leading the line, which ia what any manager likes.

Reminds me of Joey Garner, little bit more cute with his movement and contextually more clinical.

James Norwood on 22:07 - May 13 with 6524 viewsstrikalite

James Norwood on 22:04 - May 13 by PJH

What does suck is when you look at the 23 teams that will eventually be our "rivals", well most of them anyway.

Salford City, the league below us, feck when did that happen...
James Norwood on 22:08 - May 13 with 6504 viewsTrumptonBlue

It's weird that he's 28 and had only made a handful of league appearances until this season.
Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood on 22:12 - May 13 with 6474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Norwood on 22:07 - May 13 by MrTown

He’s a v clever centre forward though. Always looking towards moving for pockets of space. And he’s v tigerish leading the line, which ia what any manager likes.

Reminds me of Joey Garner, little bit more cute with his movement and contextually more clinical.

Certainly seemed to have Garner's knack of drawing fouls. Again something we lack in our current squad and probably could do with.

Dare I say there is a bit of Holt about him?

From what I have seen, I would certainly be happy to see him here. Just not sure "class" is the term I would use to describe him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

James Norwood on 22:28 - May 13 with 6334 viewsFtnfwest

He’s just looking to make things happen all the time, pressing v good, finishing pretty damn good as well and his positional play is excellent. Trouble is I can see a championship side taking a punt on him.
James Norwood on 22:34 - May 13 with 6277 viewsBLUEBEAT

Reminds me a lot of Geoff Horsefield

Has a nasty streak in him too

Even shirked off a fan with a growl on his face post-match interview

Poll: W or W

James Norwood on 22:36 - May 13 with 6259 viewsMrTown

James Norwood on 22:12 - May 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Certainly seemed to have Garner's knack of drawing fouls. Again something we lack in our current squad and probably could do with.

Dare I say there is a bit of Holt about him?

From what I have seen, I would certainly be happy to see him here. Just not sure "class" is the term I would use to describe him.

He certainly plays with the edge, but all winners do and we lack that.

Whether he is class or not I do not mind. As long as he is deadly & clinical that will do for me. And he certainly is clinical.

James Norwood on 23:39 - May 13 with 6004 viewsbournemouthblue

By rival I mean an equivalent club such as Charlton, Pompey, Sunderland or one or two of the bigger players at that level, someone like Peterborough or even Doncaster depending on who goes

You probably have the odd lower Championship club which may fancy the gamble also?

Who knows, I just know our transfer ambition is usually pretty disappointing under Evans. We haven't gone out and pipped rivals to a player since the Magilton days when Evans first came in.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

James Norwood on 07:05 - May 14 with 5663 viewschristiand

If Tranmere get promoted via the play offs, why move? He's settled at the club, they know his strengths and he is appreciated by the club's staff and fans. Why take the risk of a move to another League One club in a different part of the country?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

James Norwood on 07:08 - May 14 with 5653 viewschristiand

Reality kicking in PJH?

James Norwood on 07:20 - May 14 with 5610 viewsHarry_Palmer

James Norwood on 07:05 - May 14 by christiand

If Tranmere get promoted via the play offs, why move? He's settled at the club, they know his strengths and he is appreciated by the club's staff and fans. Why take the risk of a move to another League One club in a different part of the country?

Because I suspect we can still pay comfortably more than Tranmere. He would double his money at least, I would have thought.
James Norwood on 07:31 - May 14 with 5553 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 07:05 - May 14 by christiand

He turns 29 next season and we can pay him a lot more than Tranmere. We also have a much better chance of going up than they do. It's a no brainer really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

James Norwood on 07:45 - May 14 with 5498 viewsipswichtillidie

James Norwood on 07:31 - May 14 by Herbivore

He turns 29 next season and we can pay him a lot more than Tranmere. We also have a much better chance of going up than they do. It's a no brainer really.

Precisely this and we need two strikers. He’s a free transfer and I’d suspect unless a championship club takes a punt we would be one club that would stand out. Even then playing lower end championship football in a struggling side would be a big gamble. Playing in a top league one side would seem the natural progression for the lad. At 29 next season thou I’m sure it will mainly come down to money with his next move the last opportunity to earn a big contract.

Gav

James Norwood on 07:50 - May 14 with 5484 viewschristiand

James Norwood on 07:20 - May 14 by Harry_Palmer

Because I suspect we can still pay comfortably more than Tranmere. He would double his money at least, I would have thought.

I do understand your point, but sometimes it's not about the money for some players, even in the modern game. He's been on a fantastic journey with Tranmere over recent seasons and has a cult status. Doesn't mean because we can pay him more that he'll be a success and that he'll enjoy living down here. 'The grass isn't always greener!'
[Post edited 14 May 2019 7:51]

James Norwood on 07:52 - May 14 with 5473 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 07:50 - May 14 by christiand

I do understand your point, but sometimes it's not about the money for some players, even in the modern game. He's been on a fantastic journey with Tranmere over recent seasons and has a cult status. Doesn't mean because we can pay him more that he'll be a success and that he'll enjoy living down here. 'The grass isn't always greener!'
[Post edited 14 May 2019 7:51]

He's nearly 29 and has never played above League 2 level. He will go where the money is.

James Norwood on 07:52 - May 14 with 5472 viewsChocorange

James Norwood on 07:31 - May 14 by Herbivore

Looked good last nite, good finisher, hassles the other team, wound up the home fans, a bit of a nasty streak in him, happy to go to the corners and play out time, linked play well.

Agree we may have a chance of gettin him versus him stayin at Tranmere even if they do go up.

Left Forest Green to go to Tranmere for more money , different part of the country. Coming to the end of his playing career , much like Murphy had when he went to the Geordies, one chance of getting a bigger contract.

That does not make it anywhere near certain though, lower championship teams may well be interested.
Would love to get him here though.
James Norwood on 07:59 - May 14 with 5422 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 07:52 - May 14 by Chocorange

Looked good last nite, good finisher, hassles the other team, wound up the home fans, a bit of a nasty streak in him, happy to go to the corners and play out time, linked play well.

Agree we may have a chance of gettin him versus him stayin at Tranmere even if they do go up.

Left Forest Green to go to Tranmere for more money , different part of the country. Coming to the end of his playing career , much like Murphy had when he went to the Geordies, one chance of getting a bigger contract.

That does not make it anywhere near certain though, lower championship teams may well be interested.
Would love to get him here though.

I'd be surprised if any Championship sides went in for him, he's 28 and has never played beyond League 2 level. He looks okay but the standard in League 2 is really poor and the step up to the Championship is massive. I'd be surprised, assuming we're in for him, if a bigger or higher placed club went in for him.

James Norwood on 08:22 - May 14 with 5350 viewsGlebeTractor

He looked good, very good foot work for a large chap, ran across that FG player so he clips him, gets him sent off, bright player, strong and quick....

But, if Tranmere go up, why would he move?

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

James Norwood on 08:27 - May 14 with 5328 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 08:22 - May 14 by GlebeTractor

He looked good, very good foot work for a large chap, ran across that FG player so he clips him, gets him sent off, bright player, strong and quick....

But, if Tranmere go up, why would he move?

Regarding your question, read the thread ffs.

James Norwood on 08:33 - May 14 with 5292 viewsKeaneish

James Norwood on 21:59 - May 13 by MrTown

V good striker, movement and intelligence is superb, always looking for half a yard. Superb finish tonight, ultimately sending Tranmere through, that’s what clinical strikers do.

Thought his movement and work rate in and around the box had shades of Marcus Stewart in fairness. Given his goal return over the last two seasons I’d say he’s worth a punt with the quality of our midfield in League One feeding him.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024