Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... 22:40 - May 13 with 7271 viewsMrTown

Interesting part: "We want to be coming out as soon as possible with deals but, at this moment in time it's unfair to comment on that."

Players currently involves within the play-offs?
Also said he has been working on plans since Jan for possible drop to League 1, did someone on here confirm you can pre-contract players in their last 6 months?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 23:36 - May 13 with 6479 viewsbournemouthblue

I believe so, it's hard to read too much into it at the moment with a lot of things up in the air

Both Norwood and Callum Harriot seem like sensible punts

We seem to have been scouting goalkeepers which suggest we have concerns over Bart and possibly Gerken also?

We really need a big number 9, a fox in the box and perhaps a commanding central midfielder with Skusey seemingly on his last legs, perhaps he'll end up moving into the defence?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 01:44 - May 14 with 6331 viewsArnieM

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 23:36 - May 13 by bournemouthblue

I believe so, it's hard to read too much into it at the moment with a lot of things up in the air

We seem to have been scouting goalkeepers which suggest we have concerns over Bart and possibly Gerken also?

We really need a big number 9, a fox in the box and perhaps a commanding central midfielder with Skusey seemingly on his last legs, perhaps he'll end up moving into the defence?

I can see us cashing in on Bart and offering Gerkin a new contract with either Wright as understudy ( bit young and small ?), or a new GK coming in .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 01:52 - May 14 with 6317 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 01:44 - May 14 by ArnieM

I can see us cashing in on Bart and offering Gerkin a new contract with either Wright as understudy ( bit young and small ?), or a new GK coming in .

I can't.

It's more likely Bialkowski will stay and Gerken leave.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 07:38 - May 14 with 5886 viewsPositivelyPortman

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 01:52 - May 14 by The_Last_Baron

I can't.

Hopefully that way round.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 07:48 - May 14 with 5858 viewsipswichtillidie

Very telling in my view that this involves players currently still playing for their team. (Playoffs/free transfers)

Gav

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:01 - May 14 with 5791 viewshomer_123

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 01:52 - May 14 by The_Last_Baron

I can't.

Bart won't stay - we can't afford to keep him on his current wage and we won't keep both.

Gerks wants first team football and will only stay at Town if he is the number 1.

Colchester are looking for a keeper and Gerks has already had conversations with them but won't make decision until the Ipswich situ is resolved.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:03 - May 14 with 5786 viewsgeg1992

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:01 - May 14 by homer_123

Bart won't stay - we can't afford to keep him on his current wage and we won't keep both.

Gerks wants first team football and will only stay at Town if he is the number 1.

Colchester are looking for a keeper and Gerks has already had conversations with them but won't make decision until the Ipswich situ is resolved.

Gerken told me he’s already agreed a deal with another club

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:19 - May 14 with 5717 viewsBrixtonBlue

I think you and others in this thread might be reading too much into this. "We WANT to..." is a desire to do something, not actually doing it, and "as soon as possible" is a meaningless timeframe.

Could be wrong though. It could be read your way.

Guess I'm just cynical, because every year, whoever the manager is, we talk about wanting to get players in early. We never seem to.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:27 - May 14 with 5689 viewsTIB

The GK situation definitely seems one in contention. We were linked with Huddart at Boreham Wood in January although not sure how much was in that!?! If we're rebuilding I'd hope to see Bart stay and a younger understudy come in.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:53 - May 14 with 5591 viewsRadlett_blue

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:19 - May 14 by BrixtonBlue

I think you and others in this thread might be reading too much into this. "We WANT to..." is a desire to do something, not actually doing it, and "as soon as possible" is a meaningless timeframe.

Guess I'm just cynical, because every year, whoever the manager is, we talk about wanting to get players in early. We never seem to.

At least getting on with the retained list would be a good start. I don't know why we're faffing over that - we've effectively known for weeks which division we will be in.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:58 - May 14 with 5576 viewsMrTown

Norwood is the most obvious choice for Ipswich to sign, but knowing Town, we won’t.

Harriott needs a home and regular football, I remember going to Charlton away when Murphy scored a hat-trick IIRC and Harriot/Vetokele/Lookman were a v dangerous front 3.

A keeper from Brentford released was suggested on here yesterday and he came up yesterday when I was googling released players as having a v good season out on loan.

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:58 - May 14 with 5569 viewsSwansea_Blue

First thing I thought of too. ME "wants" us to reach the PL. We do sometimes get deals done early though (evan last window we weren't scrapping around on deadline day; and I think that's been a common theme for a while).

Still, it's way too early for any assurances. It's silly season. Most will be on holiday for at least the next week or two if they've any sense. There's a long way to go yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:00 - May 14 with 5563 viewsKieran_Knows

Both O'Neill and Lambert have said we want the majority of players in before Germany (although most managers say that with regards to signings and pre-season), so what with the play-offs lasting till the end of this month, I can imagine we're looking at a busy June.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:01 - May 14 with 5549 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:58 - May 14 by MrTown

Norwood is the most obvious choice for Ipswich to sign, but knowing Town, we won’t.

Harriott needs a home and regular football, I remember going to Charlton away when Murphy scored a hat-trick IIRC and Harriot/Vetokele/Lookman were a v dangerous front 3.

A keeper from Brentford released was suggested on here yesterday and he came up yesterday when I was googling released players as having a v good season out on loan.

It was Jack Bonham.

Has had a good season at Bristol Rovers apparently but now a free agent, a lot of League 1 clubs looking at him including Peterborough.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:02 - May 14 with 5545 viewsMrTown

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:01 - May 14 by TheTrueBlue1878

It was Jack Bonham.

Has had a good season at Bristol Rovers apparently but now a free agent, a lot of League 1 clubs looking at him including Peterborough.

That was him, Bonham at Bristol Rovers.

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:04 - May 14 with 5527 viewsMrTown

The end part of that is v true, every year we always negotiate over such a long time period it either goes dead in the water or they arrive 1 day before the season kicks-off.

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:14 - May 14 with 5462 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:58 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

First thing I thought of too. ME "wants" us to reach the PL. We do sometimes get deals done early though (evan last window we weren't scrapping around on deadline day; and I think that's been a common theme for a while).

Still, it's way too early for any assurances. It's silly season. Most will be on holiday for at least the next week or two if they've any sense. There's a long way to go yet.

It'll be another long summer on TWTD.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:18 - May 14 with 5443 viewsBlueBadger

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:53 - May 14 by Radlett_blue

At least getting on with the retained list would be a good start. I don't know why we're faffing over that - we've effectively known for weeks which division we will be in.

I can only imagine that there might be some outlying bits of paperwork to sort out with certain players.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:22 - May 14 with 5410 viewsBlueBadger

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:00 - May 14 by Kieran_Knows

Both O'Neill and Lambert have said we want the majority of players in before Germany (although most managers say that with regards to signings and pre-season), so what with the play-offs lasting till the end of this month, I can imagine we're looking at a busy June.

Calling it now. It'll be the same as every summer window with us scrambling around to the very end. Every Town manager of the Evans era has said 'I want players in early' and it's never happened.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:23 - May 14 with 5402 viewsITFC_Forever

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:01 - May 14 by homer_123

Bart won't be on his current wage, he'll be on about half that following relegation.... whether that's still too high or not is something for the club to decide - can they better used that chunk of the budget by selling Bart (can we find a buyer?) and replacing him with someone on lower wages.

Gerken has far too many ricks in him - more than happy for him to go.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:24 - May 14 with 5392 viewsKieran_Knows

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:22 - May 14 by BlueBadger

Calling it now. It'll be the same as every summer window with us scrambling around to the very end. Every Town manager of the Evans era has said 'I want players in early' and it's never happened.

Even more so given the League 1 & 2 transfer deadlines have been extended till the start of September!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:33 - May 14 with 5335 viewsmonty_radio

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 08:53 - May 14 by Radlett_blue

It's what we do.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 10:22 - May 14 with 5201 viewsActionMan

They also say this every year and the opposite happens... we seem to have short memories.

We'll go into the final hours of the deadline having sold/released 2 or 3 key players and not replaced them. That's the Ipswich way!

We'll get Leon Best.
Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 10:26 - May 14 with 5191 viewsPhilTWTD

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 09:22 - May 14 by BlueBadger

Every manager everywhere says that!
Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 12:13 - May 14 with 5008 viewsMrTown

Lee O’Neill on Towns transfer business... on 10:26 - May 14 by PhilTWTD

Every manager everywhere says that!

I think it will be done early, think it will be 2/3 acquisitions.
Striker
Left-Back
Goalkeeper dependent upon what happens with Gerks and Bart.

Think Donacien will remain here next year as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024