Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game of Thrones 22:56 - May 13 with 4423 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Can we chat about it now?
Game of Thrones on 23:07 - May 13 with 4061 viewsdavblue

Not overly a surprise what happened if you look at clues leading up to it, anyone who didn’t see that coming Are a bit naive.

Puts it in a good place next week.
Game of Thrones on 23:48 - May 13 with 4011 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Game of Thrones on 23:07 - May 13 by davblue

Not overly a surprise what happened if you look at clues leading up to it, anyone who didn’t see that coming Are a bit naive.

People have been hating on it a lot.
Game of Thrones on 00:28 - May 14 with 3992 viewsBlueBadger

Game of Thrones on 23:07 - May 13 by davblue

It's been coming since series one.
*spoilers incoming*

Look how she reacted to Khal Drogo murdering Viserys and her approach to conquering and running cities in Mereen. My prediction is that Sansa will end up on the Iron Throne.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 0:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Game of Thrones on 00:50 - May 14 with 3968 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Game of Thrones on 00:28 - May 14 by BlueBadger

*spoilers incoming*

Look how she reacted to Khal Drogo murdering Viserys and her approach to conquering and running cities in Mereen. My prediction is that Sansa will end up on the Iron Throne.

Read this link, everything makes sense.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden-game-of-thrones-turn-was-actually-a-long-ti-
Game of Thrones on 07:42 - May 14 with 3824 viewsHerbivore

*spoilers incoming*

I'm not sure there is an Iron Throne anymore.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Game of Thrones on 09:11 - May 14 with 3744 viewsfactual_blue

Game of Thrones on 07:42 - May 14 by Herbivore

Well, there's no H.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Game of Thrones on 09:25 - May 14 with 3726 viewsflimflam

She was always going to be the Mad Queen and promised to burn cities to get what was rightfully hers. Do feel her turning was a little rushed but they have limited time so understandable.

Been a critic of this series but that was a decent episode which left me watching is stunned silence what was happening which is what GOT is about, shock and awe and the unexpected smashing you in the face. Lots of big deaths also.

Guess it comes down to who is going to kill her and who will take the throne.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Game of Thrones on 09:26 - May 14 with 3724 viewsNuggets

Game of Thrones on 00:50 - May 14 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Read this link, everything makes sense.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden-game-of-thrones-turn-was-actually-a-long-ti-

But she's never murdered innocent civilians before. When her dragon torched one innocent kid to death, she locked up her dragons and left them in the dungeons. She's been very firm and, at times, brutal, with people who have wronged her or betrayed her. It just feels convenient for the narrative that she'd 'turn bad' in a few episodes and decide that murdering thousands of innocent civilians is fine.

By all means turn her into the 'Mad Queen', on paper it's a good plot twist and I'm sure GRRM sells it well in the books (if they ever get released). But the writing this season, in general, has been well below par. It all feels rushed and phoned in. I also don't think Emilia Clarke is a good enough actor to 'sell' that plot twist convincingly.

And it's not just Dany. The rushed death of Varys, the Jaime arc gets butchered, poor action scenes, narrative beholden to rushing the plot along in six episodes, plot armour Drogon, plot armour Arya, Clegane Bowl looked awful, Euron's character, and underwhelming fight scenes. Basic continuity errors littering this season - coffee cup last week, Jaime growing a hand back this week. The writers just seem like they want to move on and do other projects. I feel they've really dropped the ball by making this final season only six episodes long.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 9:26]

Blog: Disappointing Result, But Can Some of Us Drop the Sense of Entitlement?

Login to get fewer ads

Game of Thrones on 09:28 - May 14 with 3708 viewsNuggets

*spoilers incoming*

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bo5avw/this_did_not_age_well_at_all/

Game of Thrones on 09:30 - May 14 with 3700 viewsSwansea_Blue

Game of Thrones on 07:42 - May 14 by Herbivore

They've found a bit of it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Game of Thrones on 09:33 - May 14 with 3688 viewsSwansea_Blue

Game of Thrones on 09:28 - May 14 by Nuggets

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bo5avw/this_did_not_age_well_at_all/

That's good. She has always been a ruthless killer. She always seemed to have a reason though; this last one was a change - pure tyranny. Although the boundaries are pretty thin.

I didn't mind the story at all. I didn't find that last episode particularly engaging though - not sure why.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Game of Thrones on 09:38 - May 14 with 3671 viewsBlueBadger

Game of Thrones on 09:26 - May 14 by Nuggets

But she's never murdered innocent civilians before. When her dragon torched one innocent kid to death, she locked up her dragons and left them in the dungeons. She's been very firm and, at times, brutal, with people who have wronged her or betrayed her. It just feels convenient for the narrative that she'd 'turn bad' in a few episodes and decide that murdering thousands of innocent civilians is fine.

By all means turn her into the 'Mad Queen', on paper it's a good plot twist and I'm sure GRRM sells it well in the books (if they ever get released). But the writing this season, in general, has been well below par. It all feels rushed and phoned in. I also don't think Emilia Clarke is a good enough actor to 'sell' that plot twist convincingly.

And it's not just Dany. The rushed death of Varys, the Jaime arc gets butchered, poor action scenes, narrative beholden to rushing the plot along in six episodes, plot armour Drogon, plot armour Arya, Clegane Bowl looked awful, Euron's character, and underwhelming fight scenes. Basic continuity errors littering this season - coffee cup last week, Jaime growing a hand back this week. The writers just seem like they want to move on and do other projects. I feel they've really dropped the ball by making this final season only six episodes long.

I think the show's suffered for being ahead of the books now and has been relying on bullet points from GRRM rather than completed texts where they'd be able to pick-and-choose which lines to follow rather than guessing a bit like they've had to.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Game of Thrones on 09:39 - May 14 with 3666 viewsflimflam

Game of Thrones on 09:33 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

That's good. She has always been a ruthless killer. She always seemed to have a reason though; this last one was a change - pure tyranny. Although the boundaries are pretty thin.

I didn't mind the story at all. I didn't find that last episode particularly engaging though - not sure why.

The Golden Company should of brought their Elephants :-)

Game of Thrones on 09:49 - May 14 with 3644 viewsNuggets

Game of Thrones on 09:38 - May 14 by BlueBadger

I think the show's suffered for being ahead of the books now and has been relying on bullet points from GRRM rather than completed texts where they'd be able to pick-and-choose which lines to follow rather than guessing a bit like they've had to.

Agreed - I thought season five was quite ropey, but it was based from two rather meandering books, which served more as placeholders rather than propelling the narrative forward.

I quite liked series six and seven though. This final series has just been poor, in my opinion. I get that it's a popular show and you're always going to disappoint fans with a final series, but I didn't think the quality would drop off this bad and I certainly hoped the writing wouldn't suffer this badly. It just doesn't 'feel' like Thrones anymore. It feels like they're trying to cram in as much plot progression as possible within six episodes, and it's having a negative impact on a lot of the characters. I'd happily have bought into the Mad Queen storyline, but it feels like they're only making that apparent over two episodes. No wonder critics and viewers have been so divided.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 9:50]

Game of Thrones on 09:56 - May 14 with 3623 viewsBlueBadger

Game of Thrones on 09:49 - May 14 by Nuggets

Agreed - I thought season five was quite ropey, but it was based from two rather meandering books, which served more as placeholders rather than propelling the narrative forward.

I quite liked series six and seven though. This final series has just been poor, in my opinion. I get that it's a popular show and you're always going to disappoint fans with a final series, but I didn't think the quality would drop off this bad and I certainly hoped the writing wouldn't suffer this badly. It just doesn't 'feel' like Thrones anymore. It feels like they're trying to cram in as much plot progression as possible within six episodes, and it's having a negative impact on a lot of the characters. I'd happily have bought into the Mad Queen storyline, but it feels like they're only making that apparent over two episodes. No wonder critics and viewers have been so divided.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 9:50]

It's interesting to contrast it with The Expanse, which has a book series which is very nearly complete, the plotting and character is so much tighter in more recent series.

Game of Thrones on 10:01 - May 14 with 3606 viewschicoazul

Dany clearly felt the people of KL betrayed her by not giving in immediately. Betrayal has always been her main trigger.
LOOOOOOOOL at everyone who named their kid Khaleesi or Dany though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Game of Thrones on 10:04 - May 14 with 3595 viewsflimflam

Game of Thrones on 09:56 - May 14 by BlueBadger

It's interesting to contrast it with The Expanse, which has a book series which is very nearly complete, the plotting and character is so much tighter in more recent series.

Great series that even if some of the acting is a little wooden sometimes.

Game of Thrones on 10:08 - May 14 with 3587 viewschicoazul

Game of Thrones on 09:38 - May 14 by BlueBadger

Allegedly GRRM absolutely detests the show producers, and I wouldnt be surprised if the books are entirely different from the TV show. HE has supposedly finished the books and has agreed to hold them back until the show is finished, in return for a large pot of gold presumably.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Game of Thrones on 10:13 - May 14 with 3575 viewsCaptainAhab

Game of Thrones on 10:01 - May 14 by chicoazul

Dany clearly felt the people of KL betrayed her by not giving in immediately. Betrayal has always been her main trigger.
LOOOOOOOOL at everyone who named their kid Khaleesi or Dany though.

I think it's more than that though, she's always had the slightly unhinged megalomaniac element about her and this was just the final betrayal for her. I think the big one was the betrayal of the Starks , the Northeners and Jon Snow, she could see her grip on the Kingdom (whihch she still beleived to be a divine right) evaporating before her.

Whether or not you though this episode worked or was a cheat depended entirely on whether you bought Dany's transformation.
Game of Thrones on 10:16 - May 14 with 3567 viewschicoazul

Game of Thrones on 10:13 - May 14 by CaptainAhab

I think it's more than that though, she's always had the slightly unhinged megalomaniac element about her and this was just the final betrayal for her. I think the big one was the betrayal of the Starks , the Northeners and Jon Snow, she could see her grip on the Kingdom (whihch she still beleived to be a divine right) evaporating before her.

Whether or not you though this episode worked or was a cheat depended entirely on whether you bought Dany's transformation.

Agree entirely.

Game of Thrones on 10:38 - May 14 with 3542 viewsCoastalblue

Game of Thrones on 10:08 - May 14 by chicoazul

Allegedly GRRM absolutely detests the show producers, and I wouldnt be surprised if the books are entirely different from the TV show. HE has supposedly finished the books and has agreed to hold them back until the show is finished, in return for a large pot of gold presumably.

That I will believe when I see it, Martin has form for talking about finished books that are just needing a tweak, and then taking seceral years to apply that tweak.

It will be interesting if he has though, would require rereading because they are so far apart from the TV show in plotline the longer it went on.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Game of Thrones on 10:44 - May 14 with 3534 viewsBiGDonnie

The episodes getting a lot of stick, but I thought it was brilliant. It was obvious she was going to burn the city down even before yesterdays episode. I'm not sure why people are unhappy about it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Game of Thrones on 11:19 - May 14 with 3496 viewsITFC_Cotton

Agree 100% with this, Episode 2 is basically a waste of an hour and 20 minutes due to the fact 3 named characters actually end up dying (none of which were even featured heavily in that episode). Killing off the NK was very poorly thought out and should have been the main focus of the season instead of turning out to be essentially a side story. Cersei should have died at the hands of Tyrion in revenge of everything she had put him through in life. It seems like many deaths this season have not felt earned, instead they have just been ways of moving the story along.
Game of Thrones on 11:22 - May 14 with 3492 viewschicoazul

Game of Thrones on 11:19 - May 14 by ITFC_Cotton

Agree 100% with this, Episode 2 is basically a waste of an hour and 20 minutes due to the fact 3 named characters actually end up dying (none of which were even featured heavily in that episode). Killing off the NK was very poorly thought out and should have been the main focus of the season instead of turning out to be essentially a side story. Cersei should have died at the hands of Tyrion in revenge of everything she had put him through in life. It seems like many deaths this season have not felt earned, instead they have just been ways of moving the story along.

But the NK story always *was* a side story. GoT is about people, corruption, family, power. Not zombies.

Game of Thrones on 11:24 - May 14 with 3484 viewsCoastalblue

Game of Thrones on 11:22 - May 14 by chicoazul

But the NK story always *was* a side story. GoT is about people, corruption, family, power. Not zombies.

Oddly enough when I started reading the books for the first time, long before the TV series I always hated the Dany/Dragons stuff and dreaded those chapters, it always felt like it got in the way for me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024