Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I like O'Neill 15:45 - May 14 with 2160 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He's definitely a step above what we've had before in that kind of position. But I am worried about his clear avoidance of stating that we intend to get promoted straight back to the Championship.

Theres lots of "As soon as we can", "It could take time", "As quickly as possible" but the phrase "next season" seems as though it is being very deliberately avoided.

Now I hope that no one would be taking aim at the club if we failed to go up by missing out in the playoffs for example, but the language coming out of the club isn't filling me with confidence. They're as good as saying "We're going with our youth, but it might take them 2-3 years to be good enough"

Does anyone else get this? It seems strange to be non committal when you are trying to sell as many season tickets as possible. I would of expected at least a line about the play offs.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I like O'Neill on 15:57 - May 14 with 2105 viewsBlueBadger

Given how bold statements such as 'operation premiership' and 'any idiot can finish midtable' have panned out, he's probably wise to avoid too much grandstanding.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I like O'Neill on 16:02 - May 14 with 2091 viewsSouperJim

We've had years of being told the aim is top 6 in the Championship, look at how that went. We all know the objective is to get back up as soon as possible. Why do you need him to state the obvious or borderline promise something which ultimately is beyond his power to deliver, regardless of how good a job he does?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I like O'Neill on 16:04 - May 14 with 2077 viewsFtnfwest

If he did he'd no doubt be called arrogant by all and sundry, but yes maybe that's preferable although it's not something that's really bothering me i have to say
I like O'Neill on 16:05 - May 14 with 2065 viewsBlueBadger

I like O'Neill on 16:02 - May 14 by SouperJim

We've had years of being told the aim is top 6 in the Championship, look at how that went. We all know the objective is to get back up as soon as possible. Why do you need him to state the obvious or borderline promise something which ultimately is beyond his power to deliver, regardless of how good a job he does?

End of the day as well, it's just a bland press statement, let's not get too excited over what is, or isn't said in them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I like O'Neill on 16:09 - May 14 with 2058 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

100% disagree.

Some hollow statements wouldn't make any difference to me.

I'd rather he was honest and sensible.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I like O'Neill on 16:10 - May 14 with 2049 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I like O'Neill on 16:15 - May 14 with 2032 viewsSitfcB

Just another spokesperson for Evans.

Marcus should’ve sat down and done it on camera, I know he’d have just said the same things but would’ve been nice for it all to come from him.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I like O'Neill on 16:18 - May 14 with 2002 viewshomer_123

As is always the case, actions speak louder than words.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

I like O'Neill on 16:20 - May 14 with 2000 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I like O'Neill on 16:15 - May 14 by SitfcB

Marcus should’ve sat down and done it on camera, I know he’d have just said the same things but would’ve been nice for it all to come from him.

Why would the owner do it?

Hardly any club owner would do that.

When ME did last season, he just got slated.

I like O'Neill on 16:30 - May 14 with 1962 viewshomer_123

Doesn't matter if it is Evans or O'Neill who says it. Actions, not words is what we should all be looking for. No more and no less.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I like O'Neill on 16:40 - May 14 with 1910 viewsScuzzer

I think it is the only sensible things to say at this point. Its an unknown that we are venturing into next season...anything could happen.
I trust O'Neil...he is an Ipswich man...he is one of our own.

Established 1968

I like O'Neill on 16:47 - May 14 with 1871 viewsIllinoisblue

I like O'Neill on 16:30 - May 14 by homer_123

Doesn't matter if it is Evans or O'Neill who says it. Actions, not words is what we should all be looking for. No more and no less.

Indeed. And really, instead of this:

“As part of Marcus’s review and looking at the stadium and how that operates and what is going on here, he’s taking a hands-on view of that and he is aware of areas in which we need to make improvements,” O’Neill added.

“And I think that will be part of a process through the next 12-24 months we’ll look at all of those areas of the stadium and try to make improvements.

Wouldn't it have been nice to hear this:

"Whist on the field has to be our main focus, we know there are parts of the stadium - and also the statues outside the ground - that are in need of some TLC. We're going to take care of those things before the season starts."

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I like O'Neill on 16:49 - May 14 with 1853 viewsGarv

"We're going with our youth, but it might take them 2-3 years to be good enough"

Realistically, this is very true.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I like O'Neill on 16:52 - May 14 with 1833 viewsFixed_It

It's all part of O'Neill's remit though. Why employ him if Evans (who isn't qualified) is going to do it himself? I like O'Neill - he's impressive when you speak to him in person

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I like O'Neill on 12:14 - May 15 with 1477 viewsBecclesITFC

I actually think he is really honest.

He is taking pressure away from PL and the players. It really is a rebuilding project and it could take a bit of time. Next season will not be easy. I am confident we go up, however, PL and the team will have their work cut out to achieve this in the first season. We will be back and stronger, won't be tomorrow though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024