Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive 18:41 - May 14 with 3326 viewsPaganBlue

Hi everyone,

For those of you who knew TLA (Oz), today would have been his birthday. I know he supported a lot of members with their own mental health, and many of you may know he set up a company with his friend Nick, to promote mental health in the community. One of their projects was the 12th Man, a project to encourage men to talk about their feelings, and to train various service providers (they started with barbers) to support their customers and create safe spaces for men to talk.

Since Oz's death, Nick has worked really hard to keep 12th Man going, taking it in new directions and generally developing the project in a way Oz would be immensely proud of (and slightly miffed that he hadn't thought of!). If you'd have wished Oz a happy birthday, please consider making a small donation to 12th Man to allow Nick to carry on this brilliant work and keep Oz's memory alive.

Here's a link to the 12 Man website. For those of you who knew Oz on here but never met him, he's the handsome b*stard in the black polo shirt.

https://12th-man.org.uk/

Keep looking after each other.

Lisa (Oz's wife)

This post has been edited by an administrator
TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 18:44 - May 14 with 3277 viewsBlueBadger

This is the first time that anything involving 12th Man has been genuinely good.

Phil/Gav, can this one get a sticky?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 19:32 - May 14 with 3185 viewsGirthyguy

I remember posting under a different username about a year ago about when somebody I knew and was fond of committed suicide and it affected me mentally in a bad way. I remember getting personal messages from TLA giving me words of comfort and said if I ever needed anyone to talk to he would of been all ears and there to listen to what I had to say. Even though I never knew the bloke and he never knew me just my story he was willing to comfort me and offer support when I needed it most. Gutted I never really took him up on his offer, but I will forever be eternally greatful for his kind words. RIP Oz and happy birthday. A true gentleman.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 19:34]
TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 19:54 - May 14 with 3136 viewsSwailsey

x

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 00:15 - May 15 with 2914 viewsCoastalblue

Didn't know TLA personally, but miss him on here, Happy Birthday.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 08:53 - May 15 with 2801 viewswkj

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 18:44 - May 14 by BlueBadger

This is the first time that anything involving 12th Man has been genuinely good.

Phil/Gav, can this one get a sticky?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 09:09 - May 15 with 2784 viewsPhilTWTD

Anything TWTD can do to assist with the 12th Man at any time just let me know.
TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 16:06 - May 15 with 2554 viewsjeera

Good on Nick for continuing to make it work, and also to you for maintaining the courage to help keep it alive.

You [and Nick] are a credit to yourself and also to Oz.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 19:27 - May 19 with 1837 viewsSonOfSpock

From what I can make out there are a number of forum members who keep an eye out for anybody who may not be feeling in fine fettle based.

I have been contacted in the past to check that I am 'ok' and which was much appreciated.

So the spirit of 12th man continues.
Login to get fewer ads

TLA - Keeping His Legacy Alive on 14:25 - May 20 with 1676 viewsTIB

Happy Birthday TLA!!! I heard about 12th Man last year after receiving the news my barber had committed suicide. I believe Nick spoke to my barbers to let them know about 12th Man and how getting a haircut is a common place for many men to open up more than they do usually. Keep up the great work though Nick, TLA would be proud.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024