Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Leeds get through tonight.... 08:28 - May 15 with 4447 viewsitfcjoe

....will there ever have been a play off final with 2 'bigger' clubs in it.

Almost more befitting of an FA Cup Final with size of support bases

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 08:32 - May 15 with 4400 viewsgrimboy

Big clubs indeed I’m backing Leeds to go all the way.
If Leeds get through tonight.... on 08:46 - May 15 with 4356 viewsbournemouthblue

Quite simply not, this is two clubs who should never really have been languishing in the Championship

How long have Villa been in the Championship, is 2 or 3 years now? They really need to be getting back up or they could be there a while longer

When relegated from the Premiership, you really need to bounce back within the first three seasons or it is a long way back, as well we know

On the flipside it would be funny to see Leeds feck it up after the vast length of time they have continued to be outside the Premiership

I'm not a fan of Leeds but I would prefer them to make the final over moneybags Derby who have been throwing money at Promotion and ballsing it up for quite a while now
[Post edited 15 May 2019 8:48]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:15 - May 15 with 4274 viewsITFC_Forever

Not quite sure who I'd want to win the Final.

Villa are a massive club, and seem to have a bit of a superiority complex about them (or at least their fans do), and are still throwing money around despite nearly going bust after losing the PO Final last year. Another year or 10 in the Champ would teach them and the rest of football some more of the lesson that sort of spending isn't big, clever, a guarantee of success and is unsustainable.

Leeds are Leeds. The most disliked club in the Champ, although in fairness, they have had an excellent season.

Derby are Derby - another one who need to be taught a financial lesson.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:19 - May 15 with 4259 viewsSteve_M

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:15 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

Not quite sure who I'd want to win the Final.

Villa are a massive club, and seem to have a bit of a superiority complex about them (or at least their fans do), and are still throwing money around despite nearly going bust after losing the PO Final last year. Another year or 10 in the Champ would teach them and the rest of football some more of the lesson that sort of spending isn't big, clever, a guarantee of success and is unsustainable.

Leeds are Leeds. The most disliked club in the Champ, although in fairness, they have had an excellent season.

Derby are Derby - another one who need to be taught a financial lesson.

I tend to look at it that whoever loses, it will be funny.

I'm also looking forward to some enjoyable sh1thousery tonight, both clubs have got it in them to do far more of that than playing football.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:23 - May 15 with 4240 viewsbournemouthblue

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:19 - May 15 by Steve_M

I'm also looking forward to some enjoyable sh1thousery tonight, both clubs have got it in them to do far more of that than playing football.

with Leeds that's par for the cause, it'a in their blood but Derby are probably worse made even worse by all their financial doping. It is always great to see them feck it up.

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:23 - May 15 with 4244 viewsITFC_Forever

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:19 - May 15 by Steve_M

There was plenty of that going on last night as well.... Steer was walking to the penalty area for the first penalty alongside Holgate and was constantly glaring at him to try and put him off.

Brunt has only got himself to blame, could have had two straight reds before he got his second yellow.

It was a proper keenly-contested PO second leg, with all the fun they usually entail and it was highly entertaining, albeit not necessarily for the actual football on show.

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:24 - May 15 with 4235 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope the team who'd be the biggest threat to us next year goes up.

Oh

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:25 - May 15 with 4222 viewsITFC_Forever

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:24 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

I hope the team who'd be the biggest threat to us next year goes up.

Oh

Portsmouth - Sunderland is tomorrow night....

Login to get fewer ads

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:31 - May 15 with 4204 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich vs Middlesbrough, of course.

Stop sniggering.

I hope Leeds do it - they had a good season on less money than the others.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:33 - May 15 with 4184 viewschicoazul

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:31 - May 15 by giant_stow

Stop sniggering.

Looking forward to next season luv? Got to be a bit worried about that Eithad trip. Our 9-0 is in danger!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:33 - May 15 with 4181 viewsbournemouthblue

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:25 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

Indeed which on the theme of this thread is surely the biggest League One tie there has been also?

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:34 - May 15 with 4174 viewsSwansea_Blue

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:25 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, we'll be backing Sunderland for that one I'd have thought?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:37 - May 15 with 4162 viewsgiant_stow

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:33 - May 15 by chicoazul

Looking forward to next season luv? Got to be a bit worried about that Eithad trip. Our 9-0 is in danger!

Extremely confident actually. I saw two games on the telly this season, one of which was Leeds away where I thought we looked like fcking Barcelona. Top half finish is the bare min.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:40 - May 15 with 4143 viewsSteve_M

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:23 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

There was plenty of that going on last night as well.... Steer was walking to the penalty area for the first penalty alongside Holgate and was constantly glaring at him to try and put him off.

Brunt has only got himself to blame, could have had two straight reds before he got his second yellow.

It was a proper keenly-contested PO second leg, with all the fun they usually entail and it was highly entertaining, albeit not necessarily for the actual football on show.

Yes, I enjoyed it too. Totally agree on Brunt, he should have been booked for pulling back McGinn even if the ref missed the stamp.

The second West Brom penalty, can't remember who it was without checking, but he looked guaranteed to miss as he walked up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:42 - May 15 with 4139 viewschicoazul

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:37 - May 15 by giant_stow

Extremely confident actually. I saw two games on the telly this season, one of which was Leeds away where I thought we looked like fcking Barcelona. Top half finish is the bare min.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:44 - May 15 with 4131 viewsgiant_stow

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:42 - May 15 by chicoazul

Brute!!!

Hope we get a few squad players in so we can rest the main men against the lesser teams like Everton

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:50 - May 15 with 4102 viewshatch

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:31 - May 15 by giant_stow

Stop sniggering.

I think I want Leeds to go up too. As has been said, none of the fans of any of the three clubs particularly likeable but Leeds is a club that would add to the Premier League and I’d rather watch them play Man Utd on Super Sunday than Huddersfield or Burnley etc.
If Leeds get through tonight.... on 11:10 - May 15 with 3902 viewsclive_baker

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:50 - May 15 by hatch

I think I want Leeds to go up too. As has been said, none of the fans of any of the three clubs particularly likeable but Leeds is a club that would add to the Premier League and I’d rather watch them play Man Utd on Super Sunday than Huddersfield or Burnley etc.

Agreed. Selfishly the only difference it'll make to my life is who I'm watching on TV occasionally next season and Villa have been there not too long ago and I can't say they're particularly exciting (although Grealish HAS to find himself in the Premier League next season, with Villa or otherwise). Leeds v United at Bellend Road would be a spectacle.

As for L1, I'm hoping Sunderland do it simply because I'm more interested in Portsmouth away as it's one I've never done.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 11:12]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 13:07 - May 15 with 3762 viewschristiand

It'll certainly be a battle of two heavyweight clubs. Too close to call.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 13:14 - May 15 with 3729 viewsElderGrizzly

If Leeds get through tonight.... on 09:34 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, we'll be backing Sunderland for that one I'd have thought?

Pompey are more stable and Ross is still pretty much unproven at Sunderland. Plus Sunderland will lose a lot this summer again as the final PL legacy players leave.

I’d rather see Pompey go up as feel they will be more of a threat next season to us
If Leeds get through tonight.... on 13:17 - May 15 with 3711 viewsBluesquid

Wonder how many chances Derby will have on goal tonight?

Wonder if you can also get a price on that in a bookies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024