Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed 10:28 - May 15 with 4919 viewsdavblue

about time, it's garbage tv. ITV seriously need to look at what they put on, it's just constant reality tv junk.

I don't watch hardly anything on that channel if it was to go i wouldn't be bothered one little bit. Chav tv.
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:31 - May 15 with 4013 viewsSwansea_Blue

*reaches for TV Times to find something else to watch*

Is Take the High Road still on?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:32 - May 15 with 4009 viewsLord_Lucan

I only seemed to watch it when I was in a hotel and it was on when I was getting ready for the day.

I have to say I found it incredible and strangely addictive. One time I was late for a meeting as I simply had to wait for the lie detector results.

I wouldn't turn it on at home but when watching it it was quite gripping.

My brother in laws best mate was on it once. Kerroist!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:35 - May 15 with 3990 viewsITFC_Forever

About time.

What about Love Island? That's had double the suicides, and still seems to be going?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:40 - May 15 with 3974 viewsclive_baker

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:35 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

About time.

What about Love Island? That's had double the suicides, and still seems to be going?

Double the suicides in about 1/10 of the time too.

Guess the ratings are too high....

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:41 - May 15 with 3972 viewsfooters

It's seriously the only thing I watch on telly. As if life couldn't get any worse.

Where am I going to get such fantastic stories as 'Have I been sleeping with my own brother?' and 'Who stole my mobility scooter?' now?

Devvod.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:46 - May 15 with 3947 viewsNo9

Modern TV where shareholders want the company to earn lots and pay dividends - the show was, apparently a very good earner
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:50 - May 15 with 3930 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:32 - May 15 by Lord_Lucan

I only seemed to watch it when I was in a hotel and it was on when I was getting ready for the day.

I have to say I found it incredible and strangely addictive. One time I was late for a meeting as I simply had to wait for the lie detector results.

I wouldn't turn it on at home but when watching it it was quite gripping.

My brother in laws best mate was on it once. Kerroist!

I watch Sky News in the morning but my Mrs prefers ITV so I have my breakfast in the lounge. If she leaves the tv on in the kitchen then JK comes on shortly after and if I catch five minutes of JK I can't help but see it through to the end.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:55 - May 15 with 3887 viewsitfcjoe

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:50 - May 15 by GlasgowBlue

I watch Sky News in the morning but my Mrs prefers ITV so I have my breakfast in the lounge. If she leaves the tv on in the kitchen then JK comes on shortly after and if I catch five minutes of JK I can't help but see it through to the end.

It's just a modern day freak show in that regard

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:57 - May 15 with 3878 viewsclive_baker

Guess it gives us all a little insight into what a desolate and impoverished post Brexit Britain will look like.

;-)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:58 - May 15 with 3871 viewsLord_Lucan

I know it's mental isn't it. I have heard stories of the subjects being bated in dressing rooms by staff who go from one room to the other spreading disinformation. Also I just heard from some bod on the radio that the subjects are put in a 5 star hotel the night before with free access to as much free alcohol as they want and then picked up at 6am the following day in a complete mess and not ready for all the hoo ha.

Can't beat a bit of human bear bating really. Still, at least Jeremy will take the heat off of Danny Baker.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 11:02 - May 15 with 3841 viewsArnieM

I’m glad this “ show” had be axed. It’s typical of the Americanised utter tripe “ entertainment”. What a pity it took someone to lose their life before the tv company saw sense .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I used to have a pub.... on 11:05 - May 15 with 3813 viewsBloots

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:58 - May 15 by Lord_Lucan

I know it's mental isn't it. I have heard stories of the subjects being bated in dressing rooms by staff who go from one room to the other spreading disinformation. Also I just heard from some bod on the radio that the subjects are put in a 5 star hotel the night before with free access to as much free alcohol as they want and then picked up at 6am the following day in a complete mess and not ready for all the hoo ha.

Can't beat a bit of human bear bating really. Still, at least Jeremy will take the heat off of Danny Baker.

....in Braintree.

The "researchers" for Kyle would turn up a couple of times a year looking for candidates.

A couple of them took them up on their offer and they did indeed get put up all expenses paid the night before, they also got paid (think it was about £250) in cash.

The couple involved essentially made up a story about shagging each others siblings and came back the next day to spend their cash in my fruit machine.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 11:30 - May 15 with 3737 viewsGeoffSentence

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:41 - May 15 by footers

It's seriously the only thing I watch on telly. As if life couldn't get any worse.

Where am I going to get such fantastic stories as 'Have I been sleeping with my own brother?' and 'Who stole my mobility scooter?' now?

Devvod.

Wasn't it Jeremy Kyle where two women from Ipswich were arguing over which one was the biggest slag?

"You are bigger slag than me"
"no you're bigger slag than me"
"You're a bigger slag than me, at least all my children are from the same father........except one"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 11:58 - May 15 with 3678 viewsOldsmoker

I sometimes watch Family Guy and American Dad on ITV2 late at night.
The TV automatically tunes to ITV2 the next day and its the Jeremy Kyle show. I never know the context of the arguments but I find the few seconds before I change channel sometimes quite amusing.
I've caught "I hate you", "I nevva slept with 'im" and "I'll get you" but mostly its not that intresting.
As I get older I realise that there is so much TV and music that isn't aimed at me because I'm not the target audience anymore.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 11:58 - May 15 with 3676 viewschicoazul

You do realise politically-motivated decisions like cancelling Jeremy Kyle is exactly the kind of thing that led to the Brexit votes lads, yeah?
Bread and circuses.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:08 - May 15 with 3651 viewsBecclesITFC

About time too. I can't understand why anyone would enjoy watching vulnerable people at their lowest.
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:12 - May 15 with 3635 viewsgrimboy

What’s moose and his clan going to do now.
It was a mock up of Gerry Springer show and has gone the same way.
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:19 - May 15 with 3617 viewsSuperblue95

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:41 - May 15 by footers

Devvod.

Get yourself up to Norfolk. I imagine them kind of conversations are taking place on the regular

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:26 - May 15 with 3600 viewsgtsb

Just looking at those people with their lack of dental hygiene was enough to make me turn it off.
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:28 - May 15 with 3592 viewsfooters

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:19 - May 15 by Superblue95

Get yourself up to Norfolk. I imagine them kind of conversations are taking place on the regular

I'm from Lowestoft buh. No need to venture into Norfolk ;)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:30 - May 15 with 3586 viewsSuperblue95

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 12:28 - May 15 by footers

I'm from Lowestoft buh. No need to venture into Norfolk ;)

“As if life couldn’t get any worse”

“I’m from Lowestoft buh”

I see your problem

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 13:05 - May 15 with 3520 viewsm14_blue

I’m loving all the weird and wonderful excuses people are giving for having watched the JK show.

Don’t be ashamed guys.....
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 13:15 - May 15 with 3493 viewsElderGrizzly

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 10:35 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

About time.

Agree. Most reality TV relies on the emotionally unstable for entertainment.

Cheap TV and big profits sadly
The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 13:18 - May 15 with 3485 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I can't believe that there was ever a time where Pamela Anderson was looked at as the worlds moral compass, but she recently stated all reality TV should be axed. I fully agree.

In years gone by, celebrities were entertainers, singers, dancers, comedians, who largely worked themselves up from playing to 20 people, 50, 200, 1,000, 10,000 and then millions. At each step they evolved, were heckled, were knocked back, recognised a bit more and so on. Some had overnight success but they'd been working towards it and would have at least imagined what it might be like.

Reality shows take literally anybody (and in a lot of cases people who aren't particularly bright) who will say or do stupid things that create controversy, headlines or interest, that will drive clicks and views and revenue.

These people are taken from their job in a call centre to then being watched by 5 million people, who will all comment on them on twitter, their weight, face, clothes, personality and make snap judgments on them as a person based not from experience of them but from an edited collection of moments designed to mislead and create the same interest / controversy.

Imagine being portrayed in a false light by one of these shows, having millions of people hating on you online, abuse in the street, people calling you names and never having had any way of easing yourself into this kind of interest, just being thrown from obscurity into being a national figure of hate.

I cannot imagine what that can do to a persons mental health and this obsession with seeing real people with issues paraded in front of us for our entertainment is sick. As is the fact that millions of people gobble this up in amusement.

Jeremy Kyle was ITV's biggest day time show. It goes to show how obsessed people are with watching unfortunate people who are having their lives torn apart for the purpose of entertainment.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

The Jeremy Kyle show has been axed on 13:26 - May 15 with 3451 viewshampstead_blue

I've only ever seen short clips and didn't realise just how bullying and abusive it had become.

Money. ITV and Kyle should hold their heads in shame. Shocking.

At least in ancient Rome those in the ring had a sword, albeit more a butter knife, but something.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024