Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages 11:00 - May 15 with 3291 viewsclive_baker

Embarrassed that I've left it so long since the last time. Tasty, filling, high in fibre, good for the heart.

Name me a better cereal? You can't.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:11 - May 15 with 3254 viewsNo9

A better serial - Coronation St?
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:12 - May 15 with 3250 viewsLesta_Tractor

Raisin Bran, all the goodness of Bran Flakes with added raisin-y tastiness.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:17 - May 15 with 3232 viewsjeera

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:12 - May 15 by Lesta_Tractor

Raisin Bran, all the goodness of Bran Flakes with added raisin-y tastiness.

I like raisins/sultanas, but they're packed with sugar aren't they.

Bran flakes a popular choice for me, with blueberries all the way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:21 - May 15 with 3226 viewsLesta_Tractor

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:17 - May 15 by jeera

I like raisins/sultanas, but they're packed with sugar aren't they.

Bran flakes a popular choice for me, with blueberries all the way.

I might try mixing some of the mixed frozen berries in to my bran flakes...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:32 - May 15 with 3203 viewsBloomBlue

Weetabix is still the best.

In US a couple of weeks ago and had weetabix there not sure if that was the normal US version of it but flipping heck was it sugary, each biscuit must contain 20 spoons of sugar.
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:36 - May 15 with 3190 viewsSwansea_Blue

Malt O Meal Marshmallow Mateys for me 😂

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:51 - May 15 with 3175 viewsjeera

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:36 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

Malt O Meal Marshmallow Mateys for me 😂

That famous traditional Welsh breakfast.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 11:59 - May 15 with 3167 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree.

The king of cereals.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 12:00 - May 15 with 3160 viewsdryas

Porridge
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 12:32 - May 15 with 3124 viewsBent_double

I think your device must have autocorrected 'tasteless' to 'tasty'!

Now, fruit and fibre, which is tasteless branflakes mixed with tasty fruit bits, is alright.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:01 - May 15 with 3094 viewsCoco

Fruit N Fibre and a good fruity Muesli.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:37 - May 15 with 3072 viewsJ2BLUE

Although I like Bran Flakes and would choose them over 95% of cereals, this is the king IMO

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:43 - May 15 with 3047 viewsBiGDonnie

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:37 - May 15 by J2BLUE

Although I like Bran Flakes and would choose them over 95% of cereals, this is the king IMO

That ones sh(t compared to the sugared option.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:46 - May 15 with 3039 viewsJ2BLUE

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:43 - May 15 by BiGDonnie

That ones sh(t compared to the sugared option.

The sweeter one is nice but less healthy. The extra sugar isn't worth it IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 13:50 - May 15 with 3026 viewswkj

Just make sure you don't eat too much in one go, I did once and it was like sand blasting my ring later on.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 14:36 - May 15 with 2981 viewsdickie

Sounds delicious but I raise you a 50/50 combination of Weetos and Frosties
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 14:38 - May 15 with 2974 viewsgordon

I recently tried porridge for the first time, at the tender age of 36. Couldn't believe it, absolutely delicious with a bit if cinnamon and honey and raisins thrown in.
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 14:40 - May 15 with 2966 viewsMalcolmBlue

They prefer to be called "Three-eyed Raven Flakes" now

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 15:15 - May 15 with 2923 viewsOsborneOneNil

Special K is better.

But, all cereal is shiiite anyway, beige breakfast. Get some eggs into ya.
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 15:16 - May 15 with 2919 viewsDebsyAngel

Love Aldi's own no added sugar muesli, tastes lovely.
Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 15:58 - May 15 with 2873 viewswellhungphil

Had Bran Flakes this morning for the first time in ages on 14:38 - May 15 by gordon

I recently tried porridge for the first time, at the tender age of 36. Couldn't believe it, absolutely delicious with a bit if cinnamon and honey and raisins thrown in.

Porridge is a great option, although making it can be a bit cumbersome (and if you forget to soak the bowl afterwards the dried up porridge bits become permanently chemically bonded to the family china!). A lot of folk probably consume enough wheat already (beer, biscuits, beer, bread, beer, etc) so oats are a useful way of diversifying a bit.

I don't drink milk so I always make mine with water. Two parts oats to three parts water, so that if you hold the bowl upside down after making it, it won't fall out of the bowl. Or if it does, you can just pick it all up as one gloopy lump and fire it at the wall outside (or put it back in the bowl and eat it if no one else saw it fall).

Available for £1.49 from Aldi. Jumbo flakes (which give a better consistency) and organic too (if you believe the packaging, as I naively do). Much cheaper and tastier than Tesco's organic equivalent.

Sprinkle a bit of this on (and mix it in) for added excitement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024