Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silver Membership 11:24 - May 15 with 3877 viewsclive_baker

Had a mate asking me about this recently. He lives in Cardiff so doesn't go to loads of Town games, but wondered if there's anything as a non season ticket holder he could get to give him a better chance of getting away tickets at some of the smaller grounds that are likely to sell out. My view is that I don't think it's worth his while as ST holders will likely gobble them up anyway (we've sold out Brentford / Charlton etc and they're bigger away ends that the likes of Wimbledon). I'm not even sure if the Silver membership helps in that regard? Do they get priority before general sale?

As a ST holder myself but not a Gold member I'm fully expecting that I probably won't get tickets to a number of away games either, or it'll be a bit of a scramble.

I don't really know what I'm talking about though, I've never had too much of an issue getting away tickets when I've wanted them and I've never had any sort of membership aside from a ST so not sure I can really help him.

Thoughts?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Silver Membership on 11:27 - May 15 with 3855 viewsskyblue23

I had a silver membership last season and that gives you the last line of priority before general sale. I think you would struggle to get away ticket with just a silver membership to closer games, but games 4/5 hours away I'd imagine having silver would help.

Also its £29.99 which includes a home match. So as long as he attends 1 home match across the season hes only gambled £7 for the use of it.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Silver Membership on 11:31 - May 15 with 3838 viewsclive_baker

Silver Membership on 11:27 - May 15 by skyblue23

I had a silver membership last season and that gives you the last line of priority before general sale. I think you would struggle to get away ticket with just a silver membership to closer games, but games 4/5 hours away I'd imagine having silver would help.

Also its £29.99 which includes a home match. So as long as he attends 1 home match across the season hes only gambled £7 for the use of it.

Interesting - I'll let him know. Didn't know it included a home ticket either so yeah, as you say as long as he would attend 1 of them anyway (which he would, he'll do 4 or 5) it's a bit of a no brainer. I'll let him know, cheers Skyblue.

Silver Membership on 11:31 - May 15 with 3831 viewsKTBlue

I'm in the same position as the OP, or at least his mate. Not sure what difference it makes, but for 7 quid its not really a gamble.

Last time I was a member I got a birthday card of Terry Butcher too.
Silver Membership on 11:33 - May 15 with 3827 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've had it in the past; it was useful when there used to be demand. Not had it for a few years though as it got to the point where it wasn't needed.

If there's a likelihood that tickets will be tight, and it still does offer priority booking, it's worth getting imo. It's only £30 for the season and he'll spend hell of a lot more than that just getting to games.

I'd check it actually does give priority access though, as this is what it says on the website - not sure what they mean by it:
"Ticket priority purchase period (2 home tickets)"

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Silver Membership on 11:36 - May 15 with 3816 viewsKTBlue

Silver Membership on 11:33 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

I've had it in the past; it was useful when there used to be demand. Not had it for a few years though as it got to the point where it wasn't needed.

If there's a likelihood that tickets will be tight, and it still does offer priority booking, it's worth getting imo. It's only £30 for the season and he'll spend hell of a lot more than that just getting to games.

I'd check it actually does give priority access though, as this is what it says on the website - not sure what they mean by it:
"Ticket priority purchase period (2 home tickets)"

I emailed the ticket office and it does give priority, after ST's and before general sale.
Silver Membership on 11:37 - May 15 with 3813 viewsSwansea_Blue

Silver Membership on 11:36 - May 15 by KTBlue

I emailed the ticket office and it does give priority, after ST's and before general sale.

Great, thanks. I may well get it for next season. If nothing else it's supporting the club in a way I can't with a ST.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Silver Membership on 11:44 - May 15 with 3795 viewsxrayspecs

I suspect the only away game next season where this will be an issue is AFC Wimbledon.
Silver Membership on 11:52 - May 15 with 3768 viewsPJH

Silver Membership on 11:44 - May 15 by xrayspecs

I suspect the only away game next season where this will be an issue is AFC Wimbledon.

Charlton maybe, if they do not go up.

I imagine the away allocation at a few of the grounds is pretty low so I think we may well sell out a few of them but not sure if it will be before general sale.
Login to get fewer ads

Silver Membership on 12:01 - May 15 with 3745 viewsMedwayTractor

If it should happen that we get into the play-offs and then to the final, I am pretty sure that Silver membership confers some priority in the queue for Wembley tickets, in the same order as buying ordinary match tickets.

On the other hand, here's hoping that we don't need the play-offs.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Silver Membership on 12:09 - May 15 with 3725 viewslinhdi

Silver Membership on 11:44 - May 15 by xrayspecs

I'd add Southend and Peterborough (close, not huge allocations), Fleetwood (small ground), Bristol Rovers (smallish ground) as all likely to sell out. Possibly even Newport County, if they win the POF.
Silver Membership on 12:13 - May 15 with 3705 viewsclive_baker

Silver Membership on 12:09 - May 15 by linhdi

I'd add Southend and Peterborough (close, not huge allocations), Fleetwood (small ground), Bristol Rovers (smallish ground) as all likely to sell out. Possibly even Newport County, if they win the POF.

Agree. Plus it really depends on how we're doing and when the games fall. Even the likes of Lincoln could well sell out before general sale if its a Saturday afternoon in March and we're flying. Only holds 10,000.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 12:14]

Silver Membership on 12:14 - May 15 with 3697 viewsTractorCam

Silver Membership on 12:09 - May 15 by linhdi

It's really hard to tell isn't it? The usual close games will sell out, but let's say we have a good season and are in the top 6 most games will probably sell out in the 2nd half of the season, especially the new grounds for everyone.

Tough to predict, but definitely worth getting a silver membership just to give you that extra advantage over general sale.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Silver Membership on 12:19 - May 15 with 3680 viewsxrayspecs

Silver Membership on 11:52 - May 15 by PJH

Charlton maybe, if they do not go up.

I imagine the away allocation at a few of the grounds is pretty low so I think we may well sell out a few of them but not sure if it will be before general sale.

Charlton give you an entire stand, around 3000, so not going to be an issue.

All other clubs will give a minimum 1100 tickets and can often allocate more if the demand is there.

Bolton 5000
Rotherham 2500
Peterborough United 1800
Coventry City 3000
Burton Albion 1800
Blackpool 2500
Fleetwood Town 1100
Oxford United 5000
Gillingham 1600
Accrington Stanley 1800
Bristol Rovers 1100
Rochdale 1500
Wycombe Wanderers 2350
Shrewsbury Town 1500
Southend United 2000
AFC Wimbledon 700
Lincoln 2000
Bury 2000
Milton Keynes Dons 3000

Portsmouth 2000
Sunderland 3000
Charlton Athletic 3000
Doncaster Rovers 3300
Tranmere 3000
Newport 1000
Silver Membership on 12:23 - May 15 with 3660 viewsclive_baker

Silver Membership on 12:14 - May 15 by TractorCam

It's really hard to tell isn't it? The usual close games will sell out, but let's say we have a good season and are in the top 6 most games will probably sell out in the 2nd half of the season, especially the new grounds for everyone.

Tough to predict, but definitely worth getting a silver membership just to give you that extra advantage over general sale.

That's how I see it. Let's say we've got 12,000 ST holders and 2,000 Silver members (Gold members have to also be ST holders so no need to double count those), you're basically guaranteeing yourself into the 12,000 - 14,000 bracket vs. the 14,000 - Indefinite bracket for the sake of £7 (if you go to a home game as mentioned before by Skyblue). That guarantees you a ticket to any home matches in the unlikely event of a sell out (or at worst gives you more chance of sitting where you want), also guarantees a Wembley ticket should we get there (Cup or Playoffs) and probably gives you a good shot in 80% of away games given recent uptake. Well worth it I would say. I've let him know and he's said he's getting one so thanks all.

Silver Membership on 14:19 - May 15 with 3563 viewsLeBlue

I've just got one too.

We live in Reading and due to family and work commitments, a season ticket really isn't going to work for me. For the sake of £30, it's worth it just because I know that the away games that I will get to will no doubt be the ones where we have a low allocation!

Oh, and I got one of my daughters a Junior Blues Membership too.
Silver Membership on 14:22 - May 15 with 3558 viewsGlebeTractor

Not to mention the half price travel if he finds himself staying in ipswich while we are away.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Silver Membership on 14:29 - May 15 with 3541 viewsitfc48

I remember getting tickets for Peterborough away when they were in the Championship. Pretty sure I didn't even have Silver Membership back then.
Silver Membership on 14:37 - May 15 with 3507 viewsTractorCam

Silver Membership on 14:29 - May 15 by itfc48

I remember getting tickets for Peterborough away when they were in the Championship. Pretty sure I didn't even have Silver Membership back then.

That was in the 5,000 terrace though.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Silver Membership on 17:28 - May 15 with 3379 viewsDurovigutum

Silver Membership on 14:19 - May 15 by LeBlue

I've just got one too.

We live in Reading and due to family and work commitments, a season ticket really isn't going to work for me. For the sake of £30, it's worth it just because I know that the away games that I will get to will no doubt be the ones where we have a low allocation!

Oh, and I got one of my daughters a Junior Blues Membership too.

Junior Blues give you 2 adult and 2 child tickets to a game of your choice.

I'm getting non-Town families here to sign up as they have 8 year olds who love football and might turn into Town fans if they see some decent games....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024