Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartosz 14:51 - May 15 with 8752 viewsMrTown

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bartosz on 14:57 - May 15 with 5662 viewsclive_baker

I'm torn on this. I mean if the money is right and it gets a big earner off the books to invest elsewhere (fullback / forwards) then I can see the merit in moving him on. Hopefully a bidding war might materialise. That said, can't underestimate the value of a good keeper and despite some off days last season, he certainly remains that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:00 - May 15 with 5624 viewsBloots

...have a player on nearly £20K a week.

Let alone a goalkeeper.

His salary saving and any transfer fee would give about £1.5m to invest next year.

Bin him.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bartosz on 15:01 - May 15 with 5617 viewschicoazul

Bartosz on 14:57 - May 15 by clive_baker

I'm torn on this. I mean if the money is right and it gets a big earner off the books to invest elsewhere (fullback / forwards) then I can see the merit in moving him on. Hopefully a bidding war might materialise. That said, can't underestimate the value of a good keeper and despite some off days last season, he certainly remains that.

We signed him for free and he has given us several excellent seasons. If we got a mil or two for him it's a good deal all round. Just dont go expecting Lambert to start spending that money on fees.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:01 - May 15 with 5608 viewschicoazul

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:00 - May 15 by Bloots

Let alone a goalkeeper.

His salary saving and any transfer fee would give about £1.5m to invest next year.

Bin him.

Cattermole is on double that!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:06 - May 15 with 5549 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Let alone a goalkeeper.

Bin him.

Completely agree.

I love Bart. But it would be absolute madness to have anyone on that money in the third tier. We can likely get a million plus for him, plus save another million on wages next season.

Whilst we all know that won't go into the pot for new signings and will offset losses, that we are well placed to be able to poach pretty much any of the top league one keepers or even a championship backup for a modest fee by comparison to what Bart would go for or even a perfectly capable out of contract goalkeeper.

I am sure there will be several League One keepers out of contract on the basis there will be interest from bigger clubs and they've exercised their rights in that respect.

Hopefully we will be one of the top sides in the division and having a top keeper won't be as vital. When you face 20 shots a game you need a top drawer keeper. If it's 5 shots per game because you are successful, you can get away with a reasonable one.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:06 - May 15 with 5548 viewsIpswichKnight

Let alone a goalkeeper.

Bin him.

He will be on less than 10k a week now! bet his contract was one that was reduced by 60% for relegation.

As others have said he has given great service to us but now is the time to move on. I'd be releasing Gerks as well and getting a new keeper in.

Should add I think I heard that most of the top keepers in league one are loan keepers from the PL.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 15:07]
No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:06 - May 15 with 5543 viewsJakeITFC

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:01 - May 15 by chicoazul

Cattermole is on double that!

And he’s a rubbish goalkeeper.
No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:08 - May 15 with 5522 viewschicoazul

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:06 - May 15 by IpswichKnight

He will be on less than 10k a week now! bet his contract was one that was reduced by 60% for relegation.

As others have said he has given great service to us but now is the time to move on. I'd be releasing Gerks as well and getting a new keeper in.

Should add I think I heard that most of the top keepers in league one are loan keepers from the PL.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 15:07]

Gerken leaves the club in 2 weeks. Def info.

Login to get fewer ads

Bartosz on 15:11 - May 15 with 5507 viewschristiand

Bartosz on 15:01 - May 15 by chicoazul

We signed him for free and he has given us several excellent seasons. If we got a mil or two for him it's a good deal all round. Just dont go expecting Lambert to start spending that money on fees.

I'm certainly not sticking up for PH last summer, but he wasn't given the equivalent funds that were generated from the sale of Waghorn, Garner and Webster. In fact, it was only a percentage of that total income. Without doubt PL won't get the whole Bart transfer fee to reinvest (if anything materialises), but there are some solid and dependable keepers around that could do a real solid job for us. Gerken isn't one of those though!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bartosz on 15:11 - May 15 with 5508 viewsskyblue23

Honestly do not understand people wanting Bart to go when the money won't be reinvested in the squad. We've just been relegated to a league we need to go straight back up from by using our best players, rather than selling our best players to offset the losses we face by being relegated.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Bartosz on 15:14 - May 15 with 5459 viewschicoazul

Bartosz on 15:11 - May 15 by christiand

I'm certainly not sticking up for PH last summer, but he wasn't given the equivalent funds that were generated from the sale of Waghorn, Garner and Webster. In fact, it was only a percentage of that total income. Without doubt PL won't get the whole Bart transfer fee to reinvest (if anything materialises), but there are some solid and dependable keepers around that could do a real solid job for us. Gerken isn't one of those though!

He spent about 2/3 of what he generated.

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:14 - May 15 with 5462 viewsskyblue23

Let alone a goalkeeper.

Bin him.

His wages have apparently been reduced by 40/50/60% because of the relegation so will be more around the 10K mark. Any money made from his sale won't be reinvested.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Bartosz on 15:14 - May 15 with 5451 viewsSouperJim

Bartosz on 15:11 - May 15 by skyblue23

Honestly do not understand people wanting Bart to go when the money won't be reinvested in the squad. We've just been relegated to a league we need to go straight back up from by using our best players, rather than selling our best players to offset the losses we face by being relegated.

It's a tricky one. I'm sure he'll be facing a big pay cut (if he isn't, sell, no brainer). The question is, will he recapture his form? If he can, he'd be a huge asset in league one, no doubt about it. But if he doesn't, we'll wish we had sold him while he still had a price tag.

I won't shed a tear if he is sold, provided Lambo can bring someone in who can do the business...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Bartosz on 15:15 - May 15 with 5447 viewsclive_baker

That's the reality, I agree. The P&L will look better but the starting XI will in all likelihood look worse. We know from experience that for all the talk of reinvesting funds, a proportion would go towards covering the running costs, which I don't begrudge, but it will weaken our hand on the pitch. The only thing for me is any opportunity cost i.e. if it's not Bart then is it Dozzell or Downes instead? Or if we sell Bart does it free up a young loanee from the Premier League etc. And which of those could have a greater impact next season?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Oh right, sod it then.... on 15:15 - May 15 with 5438 viewsBloots

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:14 - May 15 by skyblue23

His wages have apparently been reduced by 40/50/60% because of the relegation so will be more around the 10K mark. Any money made from his sale won't be reinvested.

....give him a pay rise.

Give them all a pay rise.

They are all brilliant.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bartosz on 15:17 - May 15 with 5423 viewschicoazul

Here's a question, if we sell Bart for a mil or two, how much money will that be that Mick made for the club by buying unknowns/lower league guys and sculpting them? Mings, Waghorn, Garner, Webster, Bart...

Bartosz on 15:19 - May 15 with 5390 viewsSouperJim

Bartosz on 15:17 - May 15 by chicoazul

Here's a question, if we sell Bart for a mil or two, how much money will that be that Mick made for the club by buying unknowns/lower league guys and sculpting them? Mings, Waghorn, Garner, Webster, Bart...

A fair wedge, but it matters little to me whether he club is kept afloat from player sales or from Evans wallet. What does matter to me, is how good the team is out on the grass. I'd rather we hang on to our best players, rather than having to keep unearthing new ones.

Bartosz on 15:20 - May 15 with 5371 viewschicoazul

Bartosz on 15:19 - May 15 by SouperJim

A fair wedge, but it matters little to me whether he club is kept afloat from player sales or from Evans wallet. What does matter to me, is how good the team is out on the grass. I'd rather we hang on to our best players, rather than having to keep unearthing new ones.

It's not realistic to think we can hang on to players who have had a 60% wage cut & have options in the league we just left, sorry. This isnt like when we said no to McGoldrick leaving for Leicester, our situation is totally different now.

Bartosz on 15:27 - May 15 with 5296 viewsSouperJim

Bartosz on 15:20 - May 15 by chicoazul

It's not realistic to think we can hang on to players who have had a 60% wage cut & have options in the league we just left, sorry. This isnt like when we said no to McGoldrick leaving for Leicester, our situation is totally different now.

Depends whether or not Bart actively wants to leave. By all accounts, he's very committed.

Btw I was speaking generally, I think Barts situation is quite complex.

Bartosz on 15:27 - May 15 with 5294 viewsbontcho

Bartosz on 15:20 - May 15 by chicoazul

Completely agree. We shouldn't hold Bart back. Plus I think one of the key issues with Lambert's (and Hurst's, for that matter) approach has been both keepers are so poor at distribution, hopefully this gives him the chance to get a keeper that suits the style he wants to play.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Bartosz on 15:46 - May 15 with 5095 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bartosz on 15:17 - May 15 by chicoazul

Mings was scouted by Osman.

Bart was scouted by Malcolm Webster.

cant really credit Mick with those.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bartosz on 15:46 - May 15 with 5087 viewsStokieBlue

Will you be covering the 1m wages next year?

It's a ridiculous wage for a keeper in League One, that salary can pay for 3 very good players at that level. Salaries have always been reinvested so I don't think your point holds.

He's also not been great for about a year, he's excellent I agree but he's not with it and that's too much money to be spending on a keeper if we can get a decent fee.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No club in the 3rd Division should..... on 15:51 - May 15 with 5037 viewsitfcjoe

Let alone a goalkeeper.

Bin him.

I've heard very reliably that one of the players, who signed a new deal recently has a 75% relegation wage drop built in.

If Bart is on such a good wage, I think it's fairly likely it could be him and therefore his wage won't be so out of step with what it needs to be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bartosz on 15:54 - May 15 with 5009 viewsitfcjoe

Bartosz on 15:46 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mings was scouted by Osman.

Bart was scouted by Malcolm Webster.

cant really credit Mick with those.

Don't be silly.

How many players do you think are recommended to the club? Mick is the one that had to pull the trigger on the deals.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bartosz on 15:55 - May 15 with 4980 viewsSpruceMoose

Bartosz on 15:54 - May 15 by itfcjoe

Don't be silly.

How many players do you think are recommended to the club? Mick is the one that had to pull the trigger on the deals.

Mings was scouted by Osman?

He's never mentioned it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024