Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood deal complete... 16:08 - May 15 with 9844 viewsKieran_Knows

... regardless of whether Tranmere get promoted or not.

Scroll down to see the story.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-manches https://t.co/9NEty7Dobl

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:09 - May 15 with 5550 viewsSpruceMoose

Where has that info come from though?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:11 - May 15 with 5505 viewsitfcjoe

Nice

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Mirror, I reckon. (n/t) on 16:11 - May 15 with 5498 viewsBloots

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:09 - May 15 by SpruceMoose

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:11 - May 15 with 5506 viewsDecageBruce

Interesting if true. I'd be happy as he looks a real asset. Only fear for me is whether he can step up without trying to 'prove himself' too much and pick up too many cards in the higher league.
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:12 - May 15 with 5486 viewsblueislander

Not from Tescos, Ipswich Hospital, nor from a Steward, so very dubious.
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:12 - May 15 with 5486 viewsNazemariner

Lee O'Neills obvious excitement would suggest there is something big in the offing.

Don't know anything about Norwood, nor have i seen him play, but signing the countries top scorer must be considered a bit of a coup.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 16:13]
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:13 - May 15 with 5456 viewsSomethingBlue

One of their local guys or stringers presumably, I see little reason to doubt it really. Nobody gets everything right but the Mirror are actually pretty decent on transfers.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It's the 3rd Division.... on 16:15 - May 15 with 5408 viewsBloots

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:11 - May 15 by DecageBruce

Interesting if true. I'd be happy as he looks a real asset. Only fear for me is whether he can step up without trying to 'prove himself' too much and pick up too many cards in the higher league.

....not the Champions League.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:16 - May 15 with 5405 viewsSitfcB

For those that don’t want to scroll...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:17 - May 15 with 5404 viewsWickets

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:12 - May 15 by Nazemariner

Lee O'Neills obvious excitement would suggest there is something big in the offing.

Don't know anything about Norwood, nor have i seen him play, but signing the countries top scorer must be considered a bit of a coup.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 16:13]

I watched him the other night for the first time in league play offs on Sky , the reports comparing him to Grant Holt looked close to the mark .
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:19 - May 15 with 5342 viewsSomethingBlue

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:17 - May 15 by Wickets

I watched him the other night for the first time in league play offs on Sky , the reports comparing him to Grant Holt looked close to the mark .

He's definitely spiky. Doubt he'd get 30 goals or anything like that but would give us an edge we've missed up there and, by the looks of it, make space for our midfielders and wide men to get into good areas. We've struggled for that.

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:19 - May 15 with 5318 viewsNazemariner

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:17 - May 15 by Wickets

You've taken the edge off it now.
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:25 - May 15 with 5218 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:19 - May 15 by SomethingBlue

He's definitely spiky. Doubt he'd get 30 goals or anything like that but would give us an edge we've missed up there and, by the looks of it, make space for our midfielders and wide men to get into good areas. We've struggled for that.

He’s averaged a goal every two games through his career.

I’d make him one of the favourites for top scorer next season if signing for us.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:27 - May 15 with 5178 viewsSomethingBlue

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:25 - May 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d make him one of the favourites for top scorer next season if signing for us.

Has certainly had a very good few years. Just cautious as it's another step up for him, so don't want to expect the world. I definitely think he looks a good addition for us; would be an extremely positive early sign to get him.

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:28 - May 15 with 5150 viewsPhilTWTD

Not quite done but well progressed I'm told.
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:29 - May 15 with 5165 viewschicoazul

I'm definitely not going to any games next season if this happens. Nobody should ever support public schoolboys at anything. What are we, rugby fans?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:29 - May 15 with 5138 viewsSpruceMoose

Along with Poland winning the World Cup.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:29 - May 15 with 5138 viewsIpswichKnight

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:13 - May 15 by SomethingBlue

One of their local guys or stringers presumably, I see little reason to doubt it really. Nobody gets everything right but the Mirror are actually pretty decent on transfers.

Fair play to the EADT guys as well who broke this a few months back and were very confident then that we were leading a race.

I liked what I saw of him in the Play-off games he's streetwise and wasn't afraid to put himself around a bit, couple of challenges in the first leg were a bit on the naughty side.
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:30 - May 15 with 5115 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:27 - May 15 by SomethingBlue

Has certainly had a very good few years. Just cautious as it's another step up for him, so don't want to expect the world. I definitely think he looks a good addition for us; would be an extremely positive early sign to get him.

Agreed

It’s probably as big a coup as you can get as a League 1 club I would imagine

The thought of him and Judge linking up next season gives me the feels.

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:30 - May 15 with 5103 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The exciting thing for me is that there are certain strikers that score goals with attributes that won't be an advantage the higher up the levels you go and others that score goals with attributes that will always get you goals.

League Two defenders may read the game, have pace, dominate in the air but they never have all three because if they did they'd play much higher. So when you get strikers that rely on one of those and wreak havoc in the lower leagues, they can be tamed higher up the pyramid.

The thing with Norwood is he work rate is insane, he is constantly on the move, he knows exactly where to be, he always finds space and never gives the defender a moments peace. Even in the first leg against Forest Green where he missed a number of chances, he made so many opportunities because of these traits.

You can be a great natural finisher but never get a chance to finish but players like Norwood will always make chances because of they way they play. He has a bit of everything. He can head, finish, he's got that bit of attitude about him as well, and he works his socks off.

There are not that many really prolific League Two strikers that fail to do it at League One. Plenty of examples from League One to the Championship and Championship to Premier League. But your Zamora's, Hogan's, Lambert's Le Fondre's and so on all continued to score for fun when stepping up to League One.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:32 - May 15 with 5066 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:29 - May 15 by SpruceMoose

Along with Poland winning the World Cup.

I never made them one of the favourites. I made them a value bet at 66/1. There’s a difference. Ok I was wrong and they were atrocious. But I’d still say it was a value bet.

I don’t think Wolves are favourites for top 4 next season. However, at 12/1, I think that’s an ok price. That’s just an example but you see my point.

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:36 - May 15 with 5010 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:30 - May 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Agreed

It’s probably as big a coup as you can get as a League 1 club I would imagine

The thought of him and Judge linking up next season gives me the feels.

‘As big a coup as you can get as a League 1 club’

Sunderland spent £6m on Will Grigg this season

He looks to be a good signing but let’s not go nuts here

EDIT: I appear to inflated this fee in my mind, it was just the £4m
[Post edited 15 May 2019 19:44]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:39 - May 15 with 4958 viewsWickets

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:19 - May 15 by Nazemariner

You've taken the edge off it now.

Opps sorry !
James Norwood deal complete... on 16:39 - May 15 with 4948 viewsJ2BLUE

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:32 - May 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I never made them one of the favourites. I made them a value bet at 66/1. There’s a difference. Ok I was wrong and they were atrocious. But I’d still say it was a value bet.

I don’t think Wolves are favourites for top 4 next season. However, at 12/1, I think that’s an ok price. That’s just an example but you see my point.

Wolves 12/1?!?

I think that's an awful price.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:43 - May 15 with 4885 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

James Norwood deal complete... on 16:39 - May 15 by J2BLUE

Wolves 12/1?!?

I think that's an awful price.

It was just an example.

I said to my mate a few weeks back I’d play if 20/1 came anywhere. Only Skybet have priced it so far as I’ve seen and they went 12s.

Whilst they clearly aren’t likely to get top 4, I’d back it if the price was right.

That was the point I was making to spruce. Him mentioning that Poland 66/1 bet as evidence to betting is something that I just had to point out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024