Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) 21:42 - May 15 with 2944 viewsNthsuffolkblue

[Post edited 15 May 2019 21:42]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 21:44 - May 15 with 2931 viewsSuperblue95

I wouldn’t have done but I do now. What an awful season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 21:48 - May 15 with 2906 viewsgtsb

I don't care and I don't know why any Town fan would care to be honest.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 21:59 - May 15 with 2852 viewsSuffolktractor

I would quite like them both to lose.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:02 - May 15 with 2833 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 21:48 - May 15 by gtsb

Maybe because some (most?) Town fans follow football and have some interest in how other clubs do too?

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:06 - May 15 with 2800 viewsgtsb

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:02 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe because some (most?) Town fans follow football and have some interest in how other clubs do too?

So why would anyone have a preference if it's Villa or Derby and especially want Villa.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:16 - May 15 with 2770 viewsGirthyguy

As we won't be playing either next year I really couldn't give a sh1t.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:18 - May 15 with 2756 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:02 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Agree.

I find it funny when some posters get all precious and angry at football fans taking an interest in non Ipswich matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:23 - May 15 with 2734 viewsgtsb

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:18 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree.

I find it funny when some posters get all precious and angry at football fans taking an interest in non Ipswich matches.

Because it's called jealousy. If Town had spent fortunes nobody here would give a toss. Jealousy is an awful trait.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:26 - May 15 with 2718 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:23 - May 15 by gtsb

Because it's called jealousy. If Town had spent fortunes nobody here would give a toss. Jealousy is an awful trait.

Don't be jealous.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:35 - May 15 with 2680 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:23 - May 15 by gtsb

No, you misunderstand.

I am jealous of Man City and the riches they have to spend. I am jealous of the quality and football their fans get to watch. I am also very happy to see them win the league and defend the title.

I dislike Derby and clubs like them who have consistently been allowed to bend the rules and throw money at promotion without regard to the rules. If the rules exist they should be enforced and I hope they soon have real teeth and are.

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:37 - May 15 with 2675 viewsgtsb

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:35 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, you misunderstand.

I am jealous of Man City and the riches they have to spend. I am jealous of the quality and football their fans get to watch. I am also very happy to see them win the league and defend the title.

I dislike Derby and clubs like them who have consistently been allowed to bend the rules and throw money at promotion without regard to the rules. If the rules exist they should be enforced and I hope they soon have real teeth and are.

But if we had done it you wouldn't give a toss and you know it and we'd all be the same.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:43 - May 15 with 2665 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:37 - May 15 by gtsb

But if we had done it you wouldn't give a toss and you know it and we'd all be the same.

Quite right. And if we had done it, I would be very annoyed we hadn't gone up by now.

That doesn't change my desire it not to work for them.

I can see you are pointing out how hypocritical that is. I get that.

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:45 - May 15 with 2657 viewsgtsb

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:43 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Quite right. And if we had done it, I would be very annoyed we hadn't gone up by now.

That doesn't change my desire it not to work for them.

I can see you are pointing out how hypocritical that is. I get that.

Fair enough.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 09:50 - May 16 with 2523 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:06 - May 15 by gtsb

So why would anyone have a preference if it's Villa or Derby and especially want Villa.

My old man and all the family on his side are Villa fans. So naturally I'll be supporting Derby just to wind them up

There's all sorts of reasons to be interested in other clubs. Most of us know people who support other clubs, or family who do, or have moved around and 'other' clubs have become our new local team, or just because people take an interest in the sport as a whole and not just a single team, etc., etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 10:04 - May 16 with 2507 viewsbrazil1982

A choice between wanting an ex-Premier club to stay down a little longer, or the inevitable w@nkathon over FL next year in the media.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 10:07 - May 16 with 2496 viewstrncbluearmy

Derby a well supported club who genuinely give it a go or the waxxers who won the title after we beat them three times ,no contest

come on derby

and we may get some dosh for Waghorn
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:08]
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 10:16 - May 16 with 2479 viewscaught-in-limbo

Villa have had one good season since the 19th century and it happened to coincide with our most successful year when we nearly did the quadruple using just 12 or 13 players. Town would have been league champions during my lifetime if it had not been for Villa that year.

This Derby hatred is a modern thing about them having more money than us and still managing to mess up.

I also find Lampard significantly more likeable than Terry. So yeah, Derby for me now that the Baggies are out of the mix.

That said, we'll probably be playing both Villa and Derby in a couple of seasons anyway.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 11:14 - May 16 with 2446 viewsBlue_Moses

For me it's the prospect of the media shooting their load every week over Lampard in the Premiership.

Seconds after kick off last night the commentator said the final is Lampard Vs Terry
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 15:58 - May 16 with 2374 viewsglasso

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 22:35 - May 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, you misunderstand.

Villa passed FFP by the skin of their teeth because of the HS2 train line. I don't think either team are going to be a shining light for financial fair play when they get promoted.

Football is a mess. Unfortunately, these days I feel like the only way to win is to bend the rules.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:03 - May 16 with 2365 viewsOsborneOneNil

Villa, for me. Only as I have them in my PO acca along with Charlton and Tranmere.
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:11 - May 16 with 2353 viewsSmithy

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:03 - May 16 by OsborneOneNil

Villa, for me. Only as I have them in my PO acca along with Charlton and Tranmere.

Derby, the Mrs old man is a lifelong fan, hes a decent bloke so them for him

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:13 - May 16 with 2347 viewsSpruceMoose

I just find it funny to see Derby fail time and time again, especially with their dubious financial behaviour.

Plus, it'll upset Benters if they don't go up. So there's that too.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 16:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:19 - May 16 with 2327 viewsITFC_Forever

People who would appreciate a Waghorn derived windfall of cash?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:20 - May 16 with 2324 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Not too bothered, although never understood how "Frank Lampard's Derby" (formerly known as Derby County) manage to spend so much and not fall foul of the FFP rules
Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:20 - May 16 with 2316 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone not want Villa to win the final? (n/t) on 16:20 - May 16 by muhrensleftfoot

Not too bothered, although never understood how "Frank Lampard's Derby" (formerly known as Derby County) manage to spend so much and not fall foul of the FFP rules

It is easy if you can sell your stadium back to the person who already owns you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024