Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard 22:19 - May 15 with 5678 viewsGlasgowBlue

We dodged a bullet there folks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Frank Lampard on 22:21 - May 15 with 4660 viewsHerbivore

In fairness he went to a club that was able to sign our best player for £5m and not always play him. Very different gig to here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frank Lampard on 22:22 - May 15 with 4652 viewsfatronaldo

Even Paul Hurst might have done that with that squad and transfer budget
Frank Lampard on 22:22 - May 15 with 4643 viewsTheBoyBlue

Would've never worked here unless Evans was prepared to back him. Which we all know he wouldn't have done.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Frank Lampard on 22:23 - May 15 with 4634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frank Lampard on 22:22 - May 15 by fatronaldo

Even Paul Hurst might have done that with that squad and transfer budget

He’d have sold Marriot and replaced him with Kayden Jackson.

Iron Lion Zion

Frank Lampard on 22:24 - May 15 with 4623 viewsStNeotsBlue

Once he found out the budget he'd have to work with he decided there was no point in taking it any further. Was definitely interested up till then.
Frank Lampard on 22:24 - May 15 with 4624 viewsbournemouthblue

Frank Lampard on 22:22 - May 15 by TheBoyBlue

Would've never worked here unless Evans was prepared to back him. Which we all know he wouldn't have done.

And Frank knew this himself

I suspect Uncle 'Arry tipped him off about Evans

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Frank Lampard on 22:25 - May 15 with 4615 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Slightly different circumstances.

An expensive squad with quality and experience, supplemented with £10m+ of new strikers, and God knows how much spent on loan fee's.

He's done a decent job, and fair play to him, but he was never going to come to a club with budget constraints.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frank Lampard on 22:25 - May 15 with 4601 viewsTheBoyBlue

Frank Lampard on 22:24 - May 15 by bournemouthblue

And Frank knew this himself

I suspect Uncle 'Arry tipped him off about Evans

Exactly.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Lampard on 22:26 - May 15 with 4594 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frank Lampard on 22:21 - May 15 by Herbivore

In fairness he went to a club that was able to sign our best player for £5m and not always play him. Very different gig to here.

Would be interested to know how much the loan fee's were too!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frank Lampard on 22:47 - May 15 with 4480 viewsBluefish

I like Lampard but has he really over achieved there? He has spent big money (helped bu some big sales) and has been fortunate to be able to loan some prem players far beyond championship class. Should he have done better with what he had? Derby fans certainly thought so a couple of months ago

If he takes them up no one will care though, much like farke being 1 defeat against us away from being sacked

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Frank Lampard on 22:51 - May 15 with 4449 viewspointofblue

Frank Lampard on 22:47 - May 15 by Bluefish

I like Lampard but has he really over achieved there? He has spent big money (helped bu some big sales) and has been fortunate to be able to loan some prem players far beyond championship class. Should he have done better with what he had? Derby fans certainly thought so a couple of months ago

If he takes them up no one will care though, much like farke being 1 defeat against us away from being sacked

To be fair to Lampard he's done better than Rowett, McLaren and Pearson before him in terms of reaching the final of the Play Offs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frank Lampard on 22:52 - May 15 with 4436 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frank Lampard on 22:47 - May 15 by Bluefish

I think he has met expectations rather than exceeded them.

So far.

Frank Lampard on 22:58 - May 15 with 4397 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He has done fairly much what every other manager has done there with the same sort of funding. Nearly get them up. If he wins at Wembley, he will have done well. If he does not, he will be looking for another gig and they will again be appointing someone else.

If he had come here and done the same as MM we would have been delighted. However, if he had done the same as the rest of last 5 managers I don't think we would have been. I never felt like it was a good fit.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frank Lampard on 23:22 - May 15 with 4299 viewsHorseboy

Frank Lampard on 22:25 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Slightly different circumstances.

An expensive squad with quality and experience, supplemented with £10m+ of new strikers, and God knows how much spent on loan fee's.

He's done a decent job, and fair play to him, but he was never going to come to a club with budget constraints.

He sold Vydra for 12m top scorer in league last season, hes done a decent job TBH
Frank Lampard on 23:40 - May 15 with 4241 viewsGluedtoBlue

Money doesn't guarantee anything though. It obviously helps but he's done a pretty decent job regardless of what has been spent.

Playoffs are unpredictable but I hope they go up.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Frank Lampard on 23:50 - May 15 with 4209 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frank Lampard on 23:40 - May 15 by GluedtoBlue

Money doesn't guarantee anything though. It obviously helps but he's done a pretty decent job regardless of what has been spent.

Playoffs are unpredictable but I hope they go up.

Money doesn't guarantee anything...

....but all managers complain about not having enough of it for some reason.

Frank Lampard on 23:51 - May 15 with 4205 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frank Lampard on 23:22 - May 15 by Horseboy

He sold Vydra for 12m top scorer in league last season, hes done a decent job TBH

Thanks for repeating my words. ;-)

Frank Lampard on 00:08 - May 16 with 4173 viewsstonojnr

Frank Lampard on 22:21 - May 15 by Herbivore

he went to a club who sold their ground to a company the chairman of the club had setup and also owned, who then leased the ground back to the club...generated a fair amount of cash to spend on transfer funds.

playoff final is the minimum they should have achieved, just like Farke at Norwich minimum was promotion given the resources they had available.
Frank Lampard on 07:51 - May 16 with 3881 viewsSteve_M

Frank Lampard on 22:51 - May 15 by pointofblue

To be fair to Lampard he's done better than Rowett, McLaren and Pearson before him in terms of reaching the final of the Play Offs.

Didn't McLaren reach the Play-Off final in 2014?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Frank Lampard on 08:11 - May 16 with 3805 viewsJ2BLUE

Was this a joke?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Frank Lampard on 08:33 - May 16 with 3713 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frank Lampard on 08:11 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Was this a joke?

Of course it’s a joke. We didn’t dodge a bullet by not appointing Frank Lampard.

Lampard’s ambitions weren’t matched by Marcus Evans. Lampard is on the verge of being promoted to the Premier league whilst we are being relegated to league one.

I doubt Lampard would have sold our best two strikers and our best defender.

Iron Lion Zion

Frank Lampard on 08:37 - May 16 with 3697 viewsJ2BLUE

Frank Lampard on 08:33 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Of course it’s a joke. We didn’t dodge a bullet by not appointing Frank Lampard.

Lampard’s ambitions weren’t matched by Marcus Evans. Lampard is on the verge of being promoted to the Premier league whilst we are being relegated to league one.

I doubt Lampard would have sold our best two strikers and our best defender.

Thank god.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Frank Lampard on 08:53 - May 16 with 3632 viewsgainsboroughblue

Frank Lampard on 07:51 - May 16 by Steve_M

Last minute Zamora goal for QPR if I recall.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Frank Lampard on 08:55 - May 16 with 3630 viewsitfcjoe

Really impressed with how Derby have bounced back over the last few weeks after looking dead and buried.

Lampard adapted their style a few times this season, and sprung a big surprise on one of the worlds most renowned tactical coaches last night and got the better of him.

Was a really impressive and fluid set up last night, he's really learning a lot this season as a manager.

People making a big play about Derby's budget to undermime him this year, a lot of their highly paid players aren't contributing that much - a lot of success built on young loan players and youth products who he is certainly getting the best out of. Will be a very successful manager - not that that will be a surprise to many with how hard he worked and how good he was at most things he has done.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Frank Lampard on 08:57 - May 16 with 3611 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frank Lampard on 07:51 - May 16 by Steve_M

Yes. But they’ve had something like it managers since then, including a second spell with McLaren, and all have fallen short if the top six.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024