Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? 10:17 - May 16 with 4845 viewsCoco

Have you learnt nothing from last summer?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:19 - May 16 with 3870 viewsgrimboy

I was thinking that I will pass my judgment on him when I have seen him play in our team.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:23 - May 16 with 3835 viewsmaccyd9

Good goalscoring record but people really need to be mindful of the level he's played at.

Prior to this season, in his 7 previous full seasons in the National League he only got to 20 goals once.

It's a low risk signing and one I'd welcome but I'd be concerned if he is our major summer striker coup.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:23 - May 16 with 3832 viewsGirthyguy

I know exactly what you mean. I'm on the fence but it does kind of feel different this time.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:24 - May 16 with 3820 viewsMrTown

What are you expecting. We are League 1 club, signing a possible promotional player who has scored 32 goals this season on a free transfer.

That’s great business all round.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:25 - May 16 with 3815 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Last summer we bought unproven half decent players from the league below and replaced one of the weaker squads in the division with them.

This summer we are reported signing an absolutely exceptional player from the league below to compliment what will already be one of the strongest squads in the division.

Big difference.

Cheap wages. No transfer fee. Absolutely no risk involved at all and could be a stroke of genius.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:26]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:26 - May 16 with 3794 viewsgrimboy

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:24 - May 16 by MrTown

What are you expecting. We are League 1 club, signing a possible promotional player who has scored 32 goals this season on a free transfer.

That’s great business all round.

It’s only good business if he does score the goals .
Jackson And Harrison both failed to live up to the hype.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:27 - May 16 with 3789 viewsbournemouthblue

The difference is he isn't a Hurst player

It's also worth noting that he has scored over double the number of goals than Jackson managed at that level and will be playing for us at a lower level. I'm not expecting him to be an immediate success but the stats suggest he knows where the net it likely to be.

Jackson would have been fine as a 3rd or 4th choice player to develop alongside players like Waghorn and Garner but not us our front line hope in the Championship.

Hurst undid everything MM had done well with a limited budget in one transfer window
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:29]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:28 - May 16 with 3771 viewsvilanovablue

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:26 - May 16 by grimboy

Also worth factoring in he is a free transfer unlike Jackson and Harrison which significantly reduces the risk and as mentioned earlier probably lower wages.
Login to get fewer ads

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:29 - May 16 with 3768 viewsitfcjoe

We are effectively getting the best striker in the division below, and top scorer in English leagues this year. Also the gap between L1 and L2 isn't very big.

It's a risk though, and I'd still like to sign Will Keane or A.N.Other so competition for places.

If we go into the start o next season with Norwood, Jackson and Harrison then i wouldn't feel confident of scoring enough goals to go up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:30 - May 16 with 3755 viewsMrTown

Wouldn’t suggest either player came in with any degree of hype.
Harrison finished 14th top scorer of League 1 and Jackson 9th in League 2.
Norwood is coming in by far and away leading goal scorer in League 2 on a free transfer, wages granted will be paid but at a reasonable level coming Fromm Tranmere.

On the face of it, it is a v good signing all round. Obviously we can judge at a later date but it is a v positive but if business by Town.

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:33 - May 16 with 3736 viewsMrTown

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:29 - May 16 by itfcjoe

We are effectively getting the best striker in the division below, and top scorer in English leagues this year. Also the gap between L1 and L2 isn't very big.

It's a risk though, and I'd still like to sign Will Keane or A.N.Other so competition for places.

If we go into the start o next season with Norwood, Jackson and Harrison then i wouldn't feel confident of scoring enough goals to go up

Wouldn’t begrudge signing Keane, but his injury record is something that we should learn from in historical terms imo.

Wouldn’t mind looking at someone like Tom Eaves either. Scored a lot of goals in League 1 over the past 2 years. Add Lankester and Sears to that, maybe Morris at a later date.

Would be more than happy to see Jackson move out on loan but think Harrison has a role to play if he can get fit.

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:34 - May 16 with 3722 viewswellhungphil

Moist? I think you're being a bit hard on us, there, TBH.

He seems like a low-risk punt, as long as noises about his dodgy attitude aren't true (anymore).

This could be a big opportunity for him to work his way up to Championship level too, if he really needs a carrot rather than a stick to keep him motivated.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:39]
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:46 - May 16 with 3635 viewsTractorCam

Norwood has scored more than Harrison and Jackson did between them.

Norwood is the top scorer in the whole EFL.

maccyd mentioned how Norwood only managed 20 in the national league once, well he stepped up to league 2 this season and has bagged 32.

Norwood is on a free transfer.

Had it not have been for last summer the OP and all doubters would be buzzing like the rest of us are now. No guarantees obviously but on a bosman that's an incredible deal!
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:46]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:50 - May 16 with 3603 viewsNthQldITFC

I know highlights are highlights, but on that youtube video he looks sharp, composed, confident and has a bit of swagger. That's enough for me to suggest he'll do well. But you never can tell for sure. What happened last summer has no bearing on it really.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:50 - May 16 with 3598 viewsSteve_M

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:23 - May 16 by maccyd9

Good goalscoring record but people really need to be mindful of the level he's played at.

Prior to this season, in his 7 previous full seasons in the National League he only got to 20 goals once.

It's a low risk signing and one I'd welcome but I'd be concerned if he is our major summer striker coup.

That's true, I would also add that he looks like a player capable of providing a presence up front that we've missed this season ( a handful of games from Keane aside). I think that's as important to us as goals.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:02 - May 16 with 3529 viewshammo56

Low risk punt for somebody but whether that ends up being us is another matter.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:03 - May 16 with 3521 viewsNo9

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:29 - May 16 by itfcjoe

The best striker until - like all the others - he finishes up on Towns treatment table

resolving that must be priority No1
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:05 - May 16 with 3500 viewsACP84

2 words:

Jon Walters
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:08 - May 16 with 3481 viewsBlue_Moses

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:25 - May 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Last summer we bought unproven half decent players from the league below and replaced one of the weaker squads in the division with them.

This summer we are reported signing an absolutely exceptional player from the league below to compliment what will already be one of the strongest squads in the division.

Big difference.

Cheap wages. No transfer fee. Absolutely no risk involved at all and could be a stroke of genius.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:26]

Disagree about us having one of the strongest squads in the division
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:32 - May 16 with 3376 viewsmaccyd9

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:50 - May 16 by Steve_M

That's true, I would also add that he looks like a player capable of providing a presence up front that we've missed this season ( a handful of games from Keane aside). I think that's as important to us as goals.

I do agree that he looks to be the sort of player we have lacked. He reminds me of Garner but with the goals added in.

One concern is that I suspect he'll likely be best in a 2 which as we know is not a system Lambert favours.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:37 - May 16 with 3349 viewsPJH

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:08 - May 16 by Blue_Moses

Disagree about us having one of the strongest squads in the division

At this moment I think we do have one of the strongest squads in League One partly due to the fact that a previous manager stockpiled (good) League One players.
Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:38 - May 16 with 3340 viewschicoazul

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 10:19 - May 16 by grimboy

I was thinking that I will pass my judgment on him when I have seen him play in our team.

Nobody is passing judgement though. It seems to me they are just a bit excited to have the country's top scorer signing for us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:41 - May 16 with 3326 viewsGarv

So because we had a bad summer we can't ever buy players from the league below us again?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:44 - May 16 with 3311 viewsHerbivore

The step up from League 2 to League 1 isn't comparable to the step up to the Championship. Look at someone like Marriott for example, scored well in League 2 then stepped up and ripped League 1 apart. In the Championship he's managed 12 goals which is a respectable but not outstanding return for an out and out goalscorer. At one point the season before last the top 3 scorers in League 1 were all players deemed surplus to requirements here and we were a bang average midtable Championship team. I think people don't quite grasp how big a drop off in quality League 1 is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:47 - May 16 with 3301 viewsPJH

Why is everyone so moist for Norwood? on 11:41 - May 16 by Garv

So because we had a bad summer we can't ever buy players from the league below us again?

Although because of last summer we are now actually in the league below us-I know Norwood is currently one below that and on the face of it we can't really go wrong with his signing(if it happens).
He looks to be a good lower league player, as do most of Hurst's signings, but the trouble is we were not until now a lower league club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024