Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Further signings 11:40 - May 16 with 2791 viewsHerbivore

Moving away from politics, how many new signings do people think we need for next season? I'm going on the assumption that Norwood is signing, Bart or Gerks will be replaced, and the out of contract players are all leaving.

For me we would need another three signings still: another striker (a big lad perhaps) and two full backs. I feel like we're okay everywhere else if we retain the rest of the squad. We're perhaps lacking a bit out wide but I don't expect us to be lining up with wingers next season anyway so not too much of an issue for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Further signings on 11:41 - May 16 with 2457 viewsKieran_Knows

6. 4 of which will be permanent, plus 2 loan signings.

Keeper
Right back
Centre back
Winger
Striker x2

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Further signings on 11:42 - May 16 with 2451 viewsStadiumofdark

With so many injuries up top and midfield, it's difficult to judge what we need. Full-backs definite for me though... and a centre back.
Further signings on 11:45 - May 16 with 2440 viewsStokieBlue

I'd agree with that.

A new striker who can play as the focal point is important if we are going to stick to the same formation.

Full-backs are essential, especially RB - I am still not sure Emmanuel is good enough.

Am also looking forward to Lankester getting a full season on the outside of the 3 up front. He could be better than a new signing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Further signings on 11:47 - May 16 with 2428 viewsStokieBlue

Further signings on 11:41 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

Keeper
Right back
Centre back
Winger
Striker x2

I think that's too many signings.

I also think we shouldn't get any loans, no real need in League One with our youngsters coming through.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Further signings on 11:48 - May 16 with 2414 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 11:41 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

Keeper
Right back
Centre back
Winger
Striker x2

Interesting. Two more strikers would mean Norwood, Harrison, Jackson, Sears, Morris, Folami, plus two more on our books. Even taking the injury status of three of them into account that looks too many. We'd have six senior strikers and two kids looking to push on.

You don't feel like we need a left back? We only have Kenlock currently. CB looks okay to me, Chambers and Nsiala are fine at that level, Donacien, Woolf and Ndaba as back up.

Further signings on 11:50 - May 16 with 2399 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 11:45 - May 16 by StokieBlue

I'd agree with that.

A new striker who can play as the focal point is important if we are going to stick to the same formation.

Full-backs are essential, especially RB - I am still not sure Emmanuel is good enough.

Am also looking forward to Lankester getting a full season on the outside of the 3 up front. He could be better than a new signing.

SB

I have a feeling we'll see more of the diamond than the 4-3-3 next season.

Further signings on 11:54 - May 16 with 2380 viewsKeaneish

I make that about right. If we play narrow and use the diamond we'll need better quality in the full back areas - we need competition for places here regardless and with Knudsen and the loan players going, 2 full backs are a must.

Target man upfront for sure. Norwood, Sears, Harrison, Jackson and Morris is a decent enough blend with the addition of one more.

Other areas that concern me...

I'd like another centre back to start alongside Chambers. Toto or Wolfenden for the bench.

I don't think either Skuse or Downes are quite right for different reasons.

If we play with width, who plays on the left? We're really weak here. Let's hope we don't accommodate Judge or Sears in this role.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Further signings on 11:56 - May 16 with 2371 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 11:54 - May 16 by Keaneish

I make that about right. If we play narrow and use the diamond we'll need better quality in the full back areas - we need competition for places here regardless and with Knudsen and the loan players going, 2 full backs are a must.

Target man upfront for sure. Norwood, Sears, Harrison, Jackson and Morris is a decent enough blend with the addition of one more.

I'd like another centre back to start alongside Chambers. Toto or Wolfenden for the bench.

If we play with width, who plays on the left? We're really weak here. Let's hope we don't accommodate Judge or Sears in this role.

Edwards played his best football for Peterborough from the left and I think Lambert seems to prefer wide players who can cut in rather than hog the touchline.

Login to get fewer ads

Further signings on 12:10 - May 16 with 2300 viewsrickw

Norwood, goalkeeper, targetman and a full back will do me, maybe a big strong physical midfielder too.

I think Donacien will be sold and 1 or both of Jackson/Harrison too.
We'll still have a lot of central midfielders - I wonder if Huws would be loaned out - I can't see anyone buying him and I'd imagine he's one of our bigger earners.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Further signings on 12:11 - May 16 with 2295 viewsKieran_Knows

Further signings on 11:48 - May 16 by Herbivore

Interesting. Two more strikers would mean Norwood, Harrison, Jackson, Sears, Morris, Folami, plus two more on our books. Even taking the injury status of three of them into account that looks too many. We'd have six senior strikers and two kids looking to push on.

You don't feel like we need a left back? We only have Kenlock currently. CB looks okay to me, Chambers and Nsiala are fine at that level, Donacien, Woolf and Ndaba as back up.

Apologies, Norwood plus 1 more for strikers.

Further signings on 12:20 - May 16 with 2254 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 12:11 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

Apologies, Norwood plus 1 more for strikers.

Ah cool, yeah I agree entirely with that. Think Morris and Folami will go out on loan unless we also get rid of either Jackson or Harrison.

Further signings on 12:31 - May 16 with 2205 viewsKieran_Knows

Further signings on 12:20 - May 16 by Herbivore

Ah cool, yeah I agree entirely with that. Think Morris and Folami will go out on loan unless we also get rid of either Jackson or Harrison.

I can see Harrison leaving, personally. Had interest in January and I reckon we’d be able to recoup much of what we paid for him (£500k maybe) - plus we wouldn’t lose a lot on him like we would with jackson, so can see KJ staying.

Further signings on 12:35 - May 16 with 2188 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I think realistically we can get away with only needing a new GK and a Striker. I think Donacien can and will provide cover across the back line plus Woolfenden can also play at right back if needed. What about Cotter he can do a job at RB and CB as well.

If we can get Norwood in this will be an astute signing and can compliment Jackson and Harrison. I hope Harrison can take the roll on as the focal point if playing with one central striker although by signing Norwood as he isn't the biggest lad we may dare I see it play two up top.
Further signings on 12:35 - May 16 with 2186 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 12:31 - May 16 by Kieran_Knows

I can see Harrison leaving, personally. Had interest in January and I reckon we’d be able to recoup much of what we paid for him (£500k maybe) - plus we wouldn’t lose a lot on him like we would with jackson, so can see KJ staying.

I always felt Harrison looked useful at times, just very isolated in the system we were playing. I think he's got something about him but had a very stop start season. We'd probably get money back on him as you say, he'll always be a good League 1 player and might even end up slightly higher. Jackson is harder to suss out, if it all clicked for him and he scored a few in League 1 then with his pace he could easily end up worth a lot of money. Alternatively we could end up letting him go on a free in a year's time.

Further signings on 12:41 - May 16 with 2167 viewsFtnfwest

i think the issue as you mention is what other outfield players are we going to lose as i can see one or two going - Edwards?
Further signings on 12:49 - May 16 with 2125 viewsOsborneOneNil

Further signings on 11:54 - May 16 by Keaneish

Agree on Skuse, time is up. LB & RB, plus a striker.

I disagree we need a CB to partner Chambo, we need a CB to replace him. See Skuse, time is up. Certainly as a regular.
Further signings on 12:50 - May 16 with 2123 viewsitfcjoe

Tough to tell - until we know the in's and outs but think we need something like

GK - 2 required presuming Bart and Gerks go. A genuine number 1 and then a cheap experienced back up. A 35 year old willing to sit on the bench for a season on a 1 year deal like when we had Paddy Kenny or Jason Brown. I wouldn't be confident with Harry Wright as a number 2, if our number 1 gets injured on September 1st he'd have 15 or so games to play and that could kill our season. Needs a loan in the National League

RB - If Donacien is seen as a RB and stays then I'm happy with him being backed up by Emmanuel. If Lambert really doesn't rate him, as I suspect is the case, then we need to get what we can for him and sign a RB

CB - Probably need one more in reality. Chambers was creaking in second half of season and need to know whether he will be back to form next season.

LB - Need someone to compete with, and ideally displace Kenlock for me

CM - We are set here, I wouldn't be adverse to giving Adeyemi another year on a very low wage with appearance bonuses. Not sure he will have offers from elsewhere and is local to EA so may be able to tie him down.

Wingers - Think we need 1 more, and suspect Jordan Roberts will go. Hopefully Danny Rowe can come back and make an impact

Strikers - 2 for me, 1 with ability to play in a wide forward role. We can't rely on Sears getting back early and if we see him before Xmas I'd be surprised.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Further signings on 13:21 - May 16 with 2016 viewsbontcho

Like you say, a lot depends on who leaves. Assuming all the out of contract guys leave but only Bart in addition does i'd say we need-

A keeper
A right back
A left back
A winger who can also play up front (this could be a loan as it's essentially to cover Sears)
A striker

If Donacien (for instance) leaves then we'd probably want a centre back (although a guy who could play centre back and left back may be ideal, saving a squad space)

This assumes PL is planning to play his preferred 4-3-3 formation as his "go to" formation. If he wants to play 3 at the back then things change.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Further signings on 13:43 - May 16 with 1939 viewsCoastalblue

What's our options for bringing in loan players? I'm guessing the loan window shuts some time after the transfer window so we could do what we feel we need to, aim to do without loan players but have the option if we suddenly find we have a nasty gap to plug once the season is fully underway?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Further signings on 14:16 - May 16 with 1877 viewsJ2BLUE

Further signings on 11:48 - May 16 by Herbivore

Keeper to replace Bart
Right back
Left back
Centre back
Winger
Striker

I don't think Sears should be counted. He is out until at least January so including him seems odd. I think we need a CB. We have spent a long time in the last decade or so with only 3 CBs and I think it's stupid. As soon as you get an injury you are playing both of your fit CBs. We no longer have Knudsen or Spence to fill in. Perhaps Skuse can but do we really want to start that when he's going to be an asset in midfield? I don't count Donacien as a CB and I don't believe Lambert does either. I think it was a convenient low key way to get rid of him. If Lambert comes out and says Donacien is a CB option then fair enough but i'm unconvinced. I think Donacien will leave.

At the moment for me our defence is:

Kenlock
Chambers Nsiala Woolf
Emmanuel

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Further signings on 14:18 - May 16 with 1871 viewsSpruceMoose

Further signings on 14:16 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Keeper to replace Bart
Right back
Left back
Centre back
Winger
Striker

I don't think Sears should be counted. He is out until at least January so including him seems odd. I think we need a CB. We have spent a long time in the last decade or so with only 3 CBs and I think it's stupid. As soon as you get an injury you are playing both of your fit CBs. We no longer have Knudsen or Spence to fill in. Perhaps Skuse can but do we really want to start that when he's going to be an asset in midfield? I don't count Donacien as a CB and I don't believe Lambert does either. I think it was a convenient low key way to get rid of him. If Lambert comes out and says Donacien is a CB option then fair enough but i'm unconvinced. I think Donacien will leave.

Kenlock
Chambers Nsiala Woolf
Emmanuel

"Kenlock
Chambers Nsiala Woolf
Emmanuel"

Hmmm. What's the phrase? Balls.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Further signings on 14:21 - May 16 with 1856 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm looking at it with an open mind. I think dropping a level means we'll need to reappraise most of the existing squad anyway.

But seems like Norwood would be an obvious gap-filler.

Pronouns: He/Him

Further signings on 14:22 - May 16 with 1854 viewsHerbivore

Further signings on 14:16 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Keeper to replace Bart
Right back
Left back
Centre back
Winger
Striker

Kenlock
Chambers Nsiala Woolf
Emmanuel

Ndaba is also likely to be a back up CB for us in League 1. I'm less worried about CB than I am about the full backs.

Further signings on 14:25 - May 16 with 1839 viewsGarv

Goalkeeper. I hope Bart stays, though.
Full back to compete with Kenlock. Maybe another RB if Lambert still isn't having JE and JD.
CB to add to Woolfenden, Chambers and Toto. Ndaba to step up as well we hope.
Possibly a midfield enforcer.
Winger.
At least one striker.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Further signings on 14:31 - May 16 with 1814 viewsIpswichKnight

I suggest we need

1XGK - minimum depending on our current keepers, we might even need 2 if we think Harry Wright needs a whole season with a National league side. We could use a loan here if we need 2 keepers and get one from a PL side which I believe is something quite a few L1 sides do.

CB- I don't rate Toto as a ball playing centre half and we can not start the season with him and chambo ( ok I know we technically won't! ) as both are utter pony with the ball at there feet. I feel you need 4 play ready CB and currently we only have 3.

RB - Donacian is not going to be playing at RB we need another RB.

Striker X2 - I suspect the likes of Folami and Morris will be out on loan come the 2nd transfer window and I also suspect we will look to move one of Jackson or Harrison on. We will need a proper Grant Holt type forward someone who is prepared to be hated by the opposition, hence why I like the look of Norwood he wasn't afraid to remind the centre halves he was around and knew exactly what he was doing in getting the Forest Green centre half sent off )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024