Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City FFP 12:39 - May 16 with 1475 viewsglasso

Does anyone know why City have been caught cheating FFP twice now, but only for the Champions League, not the Premier League? Is that because the PL are too scared to do anything to one of their big clubs, or is it because the rules are different in the CL?

Man City FFP on 12:43 - May 16 with 1455 viewsSuperblue95

They were going to get docked points in the league but the powers that be realised that would hand Liverpool the title so they turned a blind eye to do the world a favour

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Man City FFP on 12:58 - May 16 with 1401 viewsBent_double

I think - and I could be wrong - that FFP in this case is a UEFA thing and only applies in their competitions, not the national leagues.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Man City FFP on 14:55 - May 16 with 1283 viewsvanmunt

Whether they are guilty or not who is looking into PSG spending half a billion euros' on two players?
Man City FFP on 15:55 - May 16 with 1226 viewsglasso

Man City FFP on 12:58 - May 16 by Bent_double

I think - and I could be wrong - that FFP in this case is a UEFA thing and only applies in their competitions, not the national leagues.

I see. So we must have different thresholds, presumably. Otherwise failing one would surely mean failing the other, seeing as it's the same teams playing in both!
Man City FFP on 16:22 - May 16 with 1207 viewsBent_double

Man City FFP on 15:55 - May 16 by glasso

I see. So we must have different thresholds, presumably. Otherwise failing one would surely mean failing the other, seeing as it's the same teams playing in both!

Indeed, they had an unfair financial advantage in the CL and will be punished by being denied entry into it next season, so surely the PL should announce a 3-point deduction in the league as the same applies there.

I'm assuming L'pool have not broken any FFP rules, so they would technically be champions I suppose.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Man City FFP on 16:37 - May 16 with 1182 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Man City FFP on 16:22 - May 16 by Bent_double

Indeed, they had an unfair financial advantage in the CL and will be punished by being denied entry into it next season, so surely the PL should announce a 3-point deduction in the league as the same applies there.

I'm assuming L'pool have not broken any FFP rules, so they would technically be champions I suppose.

The PL has less stringent rules which allow larger losses than UEFA, which as far as I’m aware City aren’t suggested to have broken

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Man City FFP on 18:18 - May 16 with 1102 viewsglasso

Man City FFP on 16:37 - May 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The PL has less stringent rules which allow larger losses than UEFA, which as far as I’m aware City aren’t suggested to have broken

Hang about. Doesn't that mean that if you're in a UEFA competition in any given season, you're at disadvantage because you have to keep to UEFA rules, whereas everyone else only has to keep to FA rules?
Man City FFP on 18:46 - May 16 with 1058 viewsblueconscience

Man City FFP on 14:55 - May 16 by vanmunt

Whether they are guilty or not who is looking into PSG spending half a billion euros' on two players?

I was thinking that too!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024