Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership 14:56 - May 16 with 3309 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48299424

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:38 - May 16 with 1045 viewsStokieBlue

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:00 - May 16 by Churchman

Doesn’t matter who is Tory leader. They’re deservedly finished. I’m surprised BJ is going near it as the next leader will be tainted with a landslide defeat and a party that will just about fill a telephone booth. He’d be better off letting some other idiot take the grief then take over the remains later as ‘saviour’

I'm not sure about that, Labour have hardly shone like a beacon over the last year, I can't see them winning a landslide at the moment, especially with Corbyn being marmite.

The polls (if you trust them) don't agree with you either.

That graph has hung parliament written all over it.

SB
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:38]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:46 - May 16 with 1028 viewsWD19

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:00 - May 16 by Churchman

Doesn’t matter who is Tory leader. They’re deservedly finished. I’m surprised BJ is going near it as the next leader will be tainted with a landslide defeat and a party that will just about fill a telephone booth. He’d be better off letting some other idiot take the grief then take over the remains later as ‘saviour’

The worst imaginable conservative administration in power.... the Brexit party cannibalising them and.....

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:48 - May 16 with 1020 viewssparks

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:46 - May 16 by WD19

The worst imaginable conservative administration in power.... the Brexit party cannibalising them and.....

If only the libdems had a dynamic leader to actually wrest the initiative. If people thought they were genuine contenders, they could actually win by a landslide by getting the bulk of the remainer vote...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 21:35 - May 16 with 976 viewsJ2BLUE

18% would vote for a one issue party with zero other policies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I hope that is wrong. That is insane.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 22:38 - May 16 with 938 viewsjeera

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 21:35 - May 16 by J2BLUE

18% would vote for a one issue party with zero other policies?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I hope that is wrong. That is insane.

Trouble is J, without wishing to deliberately put anyone down, [some of] the people they attract won't know or care about 'other' policies.

Brexit's become such a focal point now that politically it's the only thing on some people's minds.

And let's be honest, when our politicians lead with so little thought to how things will pan out, then it's no surprise much of the electorate behave in the same way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:03 - May 16 with 921 viewsClapham_Junction

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 20:48 - May 16 by sparks

If only the libdems had a dynamic leader to actually wrest the initiative. If people thought they were genuine contenders, they could actually win by a landslide by getting the bulk of the remainer vote...

If they had Charles Kennedy as leader now, they'd be tearing it up.

Such a shame...
Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:10 - May 16 with 902 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh my sweet Lord!

Saddle up the horses, Nicola Sturgeon. Time to get out of Dodge.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:12 - May 16 with 900 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:03 - May 16 by Clapham_Junction

If they had Charles Kennedy as leader now, they'd be tearing it up.

Such a shame...

If Paddy Pantsdown was still able to wave his wand around they’d be in a better place too. Cable has to go and sharpish. Isn’t he supposed to be stepping down some time around now?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:14 - May 16 with 888 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:10 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Oh my sweet Lord!

Saddle up the horses, Nicola Sturgeon. Time to get out of Dodge.

Bye

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:16 - May 16 with 883 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:14 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Bye

You can't get rid of me that easily. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with you lot for the time being.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:27 - May 16 with 856 viewsBugs

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 15:46 - May 16 by No9

As they say - you can fool all of the people some of the time

"It's easier to fool someone than convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain..... or at least a paraphrase from him.
Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 10:38 - May 17 with 757 viewsNo9

Boris Johnson confirms bid for Tory leadership on 23:27 - May 16 by Bugs

"It's easier to fool someone than convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain..... or at least a paraphrase from him.

Indeed,
& there is a n A.M. tv programme which shows it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024