Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth 16:20 - May 16 with 6338 viewsSmithy

struggling with mine, I'll go for Mick Stockwell

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:21 - May 16 with 3038 viewsSpruceMoose

Best footballer I've seen in the flesh from Ipswich? Maybe Kieron Dyer?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:22 - May 16 with 3040 viewsOsborneOneNil

Terry Venables.
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:25 - May 16 with 3025 viewsitfcjoe

Who was born in Ipswich?

Keiron Dyer probably the best from players I've seen

Brian Talbot had a stellar career but too old for me to have seen

4 England internationals born in Ipswich
Dyer
Talbot
Ian Storey-Moore
Gary Bailey

EDIT: This might help
Ipswich born players. by MattinLondon 30 Apr 2018 19:56
If Woolfenden, Hyam and Dozzell play in the same team next season then it will be three ipswich born players in the first eleven. Has this ever been bettered?

Dyer, Richard Wright and Titus Bramble (I think) also all played together.

Wondered if anyone knew the most amount of Ipswich born players ever to play in the same team? Thanks.

[Post edited 16 May 2019 16:29]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:25 - May 16 with 3022 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Bobby Charlton.
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:27 - May 16 with 3004 viewsfactual_blue

Are you from Stockwell?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:32 - May 16 with 2975 viewsfactual_blue

None I know of were born in Pimlico, but Alan Knight MBE (Pompey) is from Balham (and in fact went to the school in Tooting mine merged with when we were both pupils there), and Darren Bent is of course from Tooting.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:33 - May 16 with 2977 viewsyorkshire

Looks like I have Jake Livermore, Michael Duberry or Roy Chipolina - tough one !

I do have an England Captain - Mike Gatting and also stars of the stage and screen - Adele, Amy Winehouse, Paul Whitehouse, Caroline Flack, Paul McKenna, David Jason, Bruce Forsyth and of course Chas & Dave
[Post edited 16 May 2019 16:46]
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:35 - May 16 with 2962 viewsSmithy

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:33 - May 16 by yorkshire

Looks like I have Jake Livermore, Michael Duberry or Roy Chipolina - tough one !

I do have an England Captain - Mike Gatting and also stars of the stage and screen - Adele, Amy Winehouse, Paul Whitehouse, Caroline Flack, Paul McKenna, David Jason, Bruce Forsyth and of course Chas & Dave
[Post edited 16 May 2019 16:46]

David Jason - National Treasure

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:35 - May 16 with 2961 viewsSmithy

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:27 - May 16 by factual_blue

Are you from Stockwell?

No

37 years and counting!

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:37 - May 16 with 2952 viewsitfcpaul

Not many to choose from but mine is Mick McCarthy

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:40 - May 16 with 2936 viewsSmithy

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:37 - May 16 by itfcpaul

Not many to choose from but mine is Mick McCarthy

John Stones surely??

37 years and counting!

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:44 - May 16 with 2923 viewsShropshireBluenago09

none in my birth place Gloucester, but Eric Dier - Cheltenham (near enough)

Gus Uhlenbeek

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:49 - May 16 with 2892 viewsgoat_man

Kidbrooke:

I think I've only got one to go for and that's Junior Stanislas who's at Bournemouth.
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:50 - May 16 with 2888 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Nigel Spink
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:52 - May 16 with 2876 viewsMelford

Stuart Slater

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 16:53 - May 16 with 2872 viewsGeoffSentence

Steve McGavin

So far as I know, he's the only professional footballer from my birthplace.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:05 - May 16 with 2840 viewsJamestownPrince

Steve McCall (knew him from the next estate s parents live next door to my friend and I'd get free programs)
Kevin Beattie, My Dad knew his Dad reasonably well
Robin Turner (worked with his nephew)
Dave Geddis
Paul Simpson (played football and darts with his cousin)
Steve Harkness (played school football with him)
Grant Holt (enough said.....)
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:13 - May 16 with 2823 viewsClapham_Junction

Ian Pearce

Hopefully to be eclipsed by Jack Lankester.
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:14 - May 16 with 2822 viewsTheBoyBlue

Lionel Messi.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:22 - May 16 with 2787 viewsDeano69

Jason Dozzell

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:29 - May 16 with 2769 viewsfloridablue

Being born in a Guildford Surrey, then its probably ex Chelsea player and manager John Hollins who also made a couple of England appearances. From there to the town of Godalming only 4 miles away is where none other than Towns greatest ever captain Mick mills was born, so can I also claim him?
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:32 - May 16 with 2754 viewsEwan_Oozami

Darren Bent - not only was he born in Tooting like me, he also moved to Huntingdon and went to Hinchingbrooke School, like me - but that's where any similarity ends I'm afraid, because he didn't then move to Basildon, and I didn't become a professional footballer, and my Dad wasn't Jamaican, though he was born in Brixton, which does give me some dread cred I suppose.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:34 - May 16 with 2742 viewsGeoffSentence

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:32 - May 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Darren Bent - not only was he born in Tooting like me, he also moved to Huntingdon and went to Hinchingbrooke School, like me - but that's where any similarity ends I'm afraid, because he didn't then move to Basildon, and I didn't become a professional footballer, and my Dad wasn't Jamaican, though he was born in Brixton, which does give me some dread cred I suppose.

Have you ever shot at anyone with a BB gun?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:43 - May 16 with 2717 viewsnorfsufblue

After a disappointing google search Jamie Mackie is the best I can find... though Harry Jupp played in Englands first ever test match scoring the nations first ever 50!
Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:53 - May 16 with 2671 viewsSuperblue95

Best footballer also born in the place of your birth on 17:13 - May 16 by Clapham_Junction

Ian Pearce

Hopefully to be eclipsed by Jack Lankester.

Bury certainly provided a disappointing list. I would have thought one of the stars from our successful teams might have been born there

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024