Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV shows that have been hard to let go... 21:24 - May 16 with 5082 viewsSE1blue

Obviously GOT ending next week but tonight (here in Canada) is the last ever episode of The Big Bang Theory.

I know it's only a tv show but I am absolutely gutted its ending. Started watching this when my wife's mother got cancer and it got us through some really tough times and allowed us an escape from real life. It has continued to do that long after her death.

It's a weird feeling knowing that it's just tv but knowing it is something that has become part of your routine/relationship etc.

Anyone else had shows that they found hard to let go?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 21:30 - May 16 with 2985 viewsJ2BLUE

I know the power certain tv shows can have. Whenever I need to unwind I will put Porridge/Blackadder/Bottom/Vicar of Dibley etc etc on. Seem the episodes 100x but it just relaxes me. I never really thought about the affect they had until I saw a blog where someone's son had a breakdown and they watched The Office in a similar therapeutic way.

I struggled letting Lost go even though it ended in weird fashion with lots of unanswered questions. Usually it's books I find harder to let go. Especially if they are a series and I get to know the characters in detail. I realise that sounds weird.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 08:34 - May 17 with 2823 viewsvilanovablue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 21:30 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I know the power certain tv shows can have. Whenever I need to unwind I will put Porridge/Blackadder/Bottom/Vicar of Dibley etc etc on. Seem the episodes 100x but it just relaxes me. I never really thought about the affect they had until I saw a blog where someone's son had a breakdown and they watched The Office in a similar therapeutic way.

I struggled letting Lost go even though it ended in weird fashion with lots of unanswered questions. Usually it's books I find harder to let go. Especially if they are a series and I get to know the characters in detail. I realise that sounds weird.

Not weird just shows the books had a positive impact which is no bad thing.

My Grandfather who is no longer with us was in an episode of Blackadder season 2 it pops up now and then and watching it is like a comfort blanket which I know is also weird.
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:07 - May 17 with 2790 viewsMJallday

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 08:34 - May 17 by vilanovablue

Not weird just shows the books had a positive impact which is no bad thing.

My Grandfather who is no longer with us was in an episode of Blackadder season 2 it pops up now and then and watching it is like a comfort blanket which I know is also weird.

Please tell me he was Lord Whiteadder!

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:32 - May 17 with 2768 viewsWeWereZombies

Breaking Bad

Fleabag

The Fast Show

Shameless

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:34 - May 17 with 2762 viewsvilanovablue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:07 - May 17 by MJallday

Please tell me he was Lord Whiteadder!

No he was Bob's Dad...
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:54 - May 17 with 2745 viewsSwailsey

Fleabag
Scrubs - I found that particularly hard.
Dexter

And although not a film, Arthur in RDR2 was absolutely horrendous.

The emotional attachment is huge - you’re not alone brother!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 12:30 - May 17 with 2695 viewsMJallday

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:34 - May 17 by vilanovablue

No he was Bob's Dad...

Thats Amazing!

"No Kate, i want you to become a prostitute..."

"Oh please, go on the game, its a steady job - and you can work from home!"

Your grandfather was indeed a legend sir.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 12:32 - May 17 with 2689 viewsvilanovablue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 12:30 - May 17 by MJallday

Thats Amazing!

"No Kate, i want you to become a prostitute..."

"Oh please, go on the game, its a steady job - and you can work from home!"

Your grandfather was indeed a legend sir.

He was also the original man from del monte but ditched the gig after one add which latterly he described as the biggest mistake of his career which considering he worked with Branagh and the RSC is quite something.

My Grandad was indeed very special.
Login to get fewer ads

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 12:34 - May 17 with 2687 viewsRobTheMonk

The Shield was a tough one - I loved my Strike Team.
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 12:41 - May 17 with 2661 viewsMJallday

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 12:32 - May 17 by vilanovablue

He was also the original man from del monte but ditched the gig after one add which latterly he described as the biggest mistake of his career which considering he worked with Branagh and the RSC is quite something.

My Grandad was indeed very special.

Ive only been on TV once or twice.
this possibly wasnt my best appearance - on Channel 4s coverage of the world rally championship.
I was there doing some photography for the media that day - i'd turned my back on the car that had just gone past (to avoid getting sprayed with stones) . however the still image basically looks like im "relieving myself" in the forest

https://imgur.com/a/DjMuhI7

[Post edited 17 May 2019 12:43]

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:01 - May 17 with 2618 viewsSuperblue95

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:54 - May 17 by Swailsey

Fleabag
Scrubs - I found that particularly hard.
Dexter

And although not a film, Arthur in RDR2 was absolutely horrendous.

The emotional attachment is huge - you’re not alone brother!

RDR2 is a great shout. I finished the story about 2 months ago and I’m still grieving

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:04 - May 17 with 2612 viewsSouperJim

Gilmore Girls

Don't ask... guilty pleasure.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:09 - May 17 with 2590 viewsrunaround

Life on Mars
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:11 - May 17 with 2584 viewsSwailsey

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:01 - May 17 by Superblue95

RDR2 is a great shout. I finished the story about 2 months ago and I’m still grieving

Visiting his grave as John felt so wrong. I think Spruce is yet to pick it up again, 5 months later!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:17 - May 17 with 2566 viewschicoazul

Battlestar Galactica (new version).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:17 - May 17 with 2564 viewsMJallday

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:11 - May 17 by Swailsey

Visiting his grave as John felt so wrong. I think Spruce is yet to pick it up again, 5 months later!

i havent played the story of RDR2 yet. ive just been doing online - which if im honest hasnt been great.

is the story good?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:18 - May 17 with 2564 viewsSuperblue95

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:11 - May 17 by Swailsey

Aye, playing as John in general just doesn’t have the same feel. Although visiting the graves and old camp members/people who Arthur helped made me keep some interest in the game after Arthur’s death.

Went looking for Arthur in the online mode as it’s set before the story but I’m yet to find him anywhere

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:19 - May 17 with 2564 viewschicoazul

Utopia

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:00 - May 17 with 2503 viewsVaughan8

This series of GoT hasn't impressed me and I actually can't wait for it to be over! haha Love the earlier series, this one has not got my interest as much.

I know I'll be in the minority (as you can't say anything bad about it haha).

Loved the Big bang Theory! Breaking Bad I binge watched and my evenings felt empty when I finished that!
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:01 - May 17 with 2502 viewsghostofescobar

This is England (I know the first one was a film). Never-the-less one of the best dramas ever to have graced our televisions.

GhostOfEscobar

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:02 - May 17 with 2496 viewsJ2BLUE

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:00 - May 17 by Vaughan8

This series of GoT hasn't impressed me and I actually can't wait for it to be over! haha Love the earlier series, this one has not got my interest as much.

I know I'll be in the minority (as you can't say anything bad about it haha).

Loved the Big bang Theory! Breaking Bad I binge watched and my evenings felt empty when I finished that!

I have never watched the end of Breaking Bad. Watched all but the last 6 episodes or so. I'm like that with books as well. I never want to finish them.

It's like friends dying

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:03 - May 17 with 2493 viewsghostofescobar

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:19 - May 17 by chicoazul

Utopia

Series 1 was gobsmackingly brilliant, in story, characters, violence and the way it was shot. Not often something comes along that takes you by the scruff of the neck because it is something different, but this show definitely did that for me. Series 2 not so much.

GhostOfEscobar

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:06 - May 17 with 2481 viewsSwailsey

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:17 - May 17 by MJallday

i havent played the story of RDR2 yet. ive just been doing online - which if im honest hasnt been great.

is the story good?

Definitely. I'm not really one for online play in general so I can't comment on that.

But the story is probably the best one I have ever played, and that's with years of playing almost exclusively role-playing/immersive games. I'd thoroughly recommend it - you can get as involved with the side quests etc as you like and you grow really fond of the character.

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:06 - May 17 with 2482 viewsSE1blue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:02 - May 17 by J2BLUE

I have never watched the end of Breaking Bad. Watched all but the last 6 episodes or so. I'm like that with books as well. I never want to finish them.

It's like friends dying

Good point. I found it hard to finish reading All Quiet On The Western Front.

You've invested so much in the characters.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:07 - May 17 with 2474 viewsSpruceMoose

Desmonds.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024