Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile phone advice. 11:28 - May 17 with 2855 viewsBlueBadger

Looking for a smartphone(unfussed whether its IOS or android) with a decent battery life coming in at around 15 quid a month.

Any thoughts/recommendations? Unbelievably enough, you are probably more knowledgeable than the yokels and spotty oiks in Sudbury carphone warehouse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mobile phone advice. on 11:40 - May 17 with 2497 viewsvilanovablue

If you can stretch to £19.99 the Samsung Galaxy A50 is available from Carphone Warehouse and worth a look. It has a decent battery as well as a headphone jack which I know is important to some people.

You could alternatively look at an iPhone 6s also from Carphone Warehouse and again £19.99 my only concern would be how much longer Apple will support it for in terms of updates which is becoming increasingly more important these days in terms of security.

Happy to take a DM if you want to ask any questions.
Mobile phone advice. on 11:42 - May 17 with 2484 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you're considering the A50 as Vilanovablue suggests, you may find this little review interesting.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mobile phone advice. on 11:45 - May 17 with 2481 viewsReuser_is_God

I'll leave you with this advice, take it however you want:

An Android phone is an iPhone for retards

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mobile phone advice. on 11:47 - May 17 with 2463 viewsBlueBadger

Mobile phone advice. on 11:45 - May 17 by Reuser_is_God

That doen't bother me at all. I want something simple to drive, as I have very little use for a smartphone outside of the medic bleep app I'll have to be using in my new job next month.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Mobile phone advice. on 11:48 - May 17 with 2460 viewspickles110564

I think you have that the wrong way round. IPhones are for people that say please look at me I love wasting loads of money on a phone.

I have used a Samsung for years with no issues.
Mobile phone advice. on 11:49 - May 17 with 2450 viewsBlueBadger

Mobile phone advice. on 11:48 - May 17 by pickles110564

I think you have that the wrong way round. IPhones are for people that say please look at me I love wasting loads of money on a phone.

I have used a Samsung for years with no issues.

I think the main thing to consider here is that arguing over operating systems for telephones is deeply, deeply tragic.

Mobile phone advice. on 11:49 - May 17 with 2448 viewsSouperJim

Or

An Android phone is an iPhone for people with more sense than money

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Mobile phone advice. on 11:50 - May 17 with 2444 viewspickles110564

Mobile phone advice. on 11:47 - May 17 by BlueBadger

That doen't bother me at all. I want something simple to drive, as I have very little use for a smartphone outside of the medic bleep app I'll have to be using in my new job next month.

New job well done m8.
Login to get fewer ads

Mobile phone advice. on 11:50 - May 17 with 2439 viewsBlueBadger

Mobile phone advice. on 11:49 - May 17 by SouperJim

Or

An Android phone is an iPhone for people with more sense than money

Interesting enough, my network provider is offering a much better upgrade deal on an iphone than a Galaxy.

Mobile phone advice. on 11:52 - May 17 with 2423 viewsvilanovablue

Or iPhones are for people with too much money to spend...
Mobile phone advice. on 11:52 - May 17 with 2421 viewsBlueBadger

Mobile phone advice. on 11:50 - May 17 by pickles110564

New job well done m8.

Permanent post doing critical care outreach at [redacted] hospital. Did months on secondment last year and must have impressed someone as the team matron essentially ordered me to apply, provided a reference and provided a fair bit of pre-interview advice.

Mobile phone advice. on 11:54 - May 17 with 2409 viewsCaptainAhab

I've had a OnePlus 3 (android) for a few years now, great phone does everything well for peanuts compared to other better known brands and still going strong.
You might be able to get one of their phones cheap, I'm sure the newer models are even better.
Mobile phone advice. on 11:55 - May 17 with 2403 viewsvilanovablue

Mobile phone advice. on 11:50 - May 17 by BlueBadger

Interesting enough, my network provider is offering a much better upgrade deal on an iphone than a Galaxy.

In fairness the new Galaxy phones now cost as much as iPhones...
Mobile phone advice. on 11:59 - May 17 with 2383 viewsSouperJim

Nokia's new line of android phones are very good and come in much cheaper than apple, samsung etc for the same experience. Where phones are concerned, you don't necessarily get what you pay for. People are quite tribal about the brand they like and will pay extra for whatever logo is slapped on it.

Mobile phone advice. on 12:01 - May 17 with 2378 viewsSouperJim

I'd exclude Samsung phones from the rule as they use their own front end and are similarly overpriced, I mean android phones that run on stock or near-stock android, i.e. htc, huawei, motorola etc.

Mobile phone advice. on 12:04 - May 17 with 2353 viewsvilanovablue

Mobile phone advice. on 12:01 - May 17 by SouperJim

I'd exclude Samsung phones from the rule as they use their own front end and are similarly overpriced, I mean android phones that run on stock or near-stock android, i.e. htc, huawei, motorola etc.

Huawei's own front end is awful, Samsung's new front end is much better than it used to be and much closer to stock Android these days whoever you buy from barring Google Pixel/One Plus will have their own front end.

In fairness you can download a launcher from the Play store and it will just look like stock Android although this is probably too technical for the OP.
Mobile phone advice. on 12:17 - May 17 with 2315 viewsSouperJim

Mobile phone advice. on 12:04 - May 17 by vilanovablue

Huawei's own front end is awful, Samsung's new front end is much better than it used to be and much closer to stock Android these days whoever you buy from barring Google Pixel/One Plus will have their own front end.

In fairness you can download a launcher from the Play store and it will just look like stock Android although this is probably too technical for the OP.

Some are far less bloaty than others but ok, rule revision number 3.

Buy an Android One handset.

There.

Mobile phone advice. on 12:20 - May 17 with 2308 viewsvilanovablue

Mobile phone advice. on 12:17 - May 17 by SouperJim

Some are far less bloaty than others but ok, rule revision number 3.

Buy an Android One handset.

There.

I don't disagree but there are plenty of easy workarounds which was the point I was trying to make but yes fundamentally I completely agree with you :)
Mobile phone advice. on 12:35 - May 17 with 2275 viewshampstead_blue

I've had three Sony phones. All really good.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mobile phone advice. on 12:41 - May 17 with 2250 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Buy a cheap import from Amazon and get a sim only deal! £7.50 a month for 2GB of Data, Unlimited texts and calls. Money back on Data if don't use it all. Will work out cheaper long term as some imports around £50 using Android 7.0!

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Mobile phone advice. on 12:47 - May 17 with 2236 viewsitfc56

You mention battery life so this might work for you https://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-g-power-gen-7
My son has had Motorolas which have served him well. Always apple for me but not within your budget. To pay £15 a month you will almost certainly have to commit to 24month contract, you should consider buying outright and getting sim only from around £8 per month.
Mobile phone advice. on 12:53 - May 17 with 2221 viewsSouperJim

Mobile phone advice. on 12:41 - May 17 by BlacknGoldnBlue

Buy a cheap import from Amazon and get a sim only deal! £7.50 a month for 2GB of Data, Unlimited texts and calls. Money back on Data if don't use it all. Will work out cheaper long term as some imports around £50 using Android 7.0!

I'd agree with this in general, unless you can get a very good deal on a handset from a network, buying your own handset outright and then going-sim only will always work out cheaper.

If you don't want to go for an imported handset, the Motorola Moto range has some very decent budget handsets. The Moto C for example is just £70 and is Android 7, quad core etc. No direct experience with that one, but other Motorola handsets I've had have been great.

Mobile phone advice. on 13:14 - May 17 with 2170 viewsBlueBadger

Thanks for the advice all.

Mobile phone advice. on 13:17 - May 17 with 2156 viewsfactual_blue

Suitable for Sudbury

(And of course for the 1940s weekend at Lavenham starting today).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mobile phone advice. on 13:20 - May 17 with 2147 viewsfactual_blue

You can't eat an iphone though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024