Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That interview this morning 14:47 - May 17 with 5531 viewsOldsmoker

Went for an interview this morning.
I assumed it was me and 1 interviewer possibly 2.
Nope.
There was 20 of us with 3 assessors.
They gave us tasks to do and they just watched.
The last one was to choose 3 descriptions from a list to describe the actions we would take for a given scenario. The group I was in waffled a bit and talked nonsense and then "1 minute left". I took the role of chairman and said "lets focus".
Me : Who agrees "Remain calm" is most important?
Them : Yea. Ok. 'spose. Fine.
Me : What about "keep focussed" for 2.
Them : What. Wasn't listening. Yea - Put that. What are we putting down?
Times up!
I was taken to one side and told the purpose of the exercise was not to actually complete it but for the assessors to see what each persons character traits were and how they interacted with their colleagues.
They said I would make a good team leader but they weren't looking for team leaders today so bye bye.
WTF was that all about?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

That interview this morning on 14:50 - May 17 with 2641 viewsJ2BLUE

I would immediately walk out of any interview like that.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 14:52]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That interview this morning on 14:51 - May 17 with 2629 viewsSpruceMoose

That interview this morning on 14:50 - May 17 by J2BLUE

I would immediately walk out of any interview like that.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 14:52]

I'd kick you out if you spelled like that on your application.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That interview this morning on 14:52 - May 17 with 2624 viewsfactual_blue

So, basically, the recruiters hadn't a clue what they were doing.

You're well out of it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

That interview this morning on 14:53 - May 17 with 2610 viewsSpruceMoose

Sorry pal, not everyone is a good fit for SpruceMoose Sweatshop and Fishmongers Inc.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Interesting on 14:53 - May 17 with 2613 viewsDyland

Did the interview offer and/or job description read something like...

"Someone needed for something or other, all welcome to apply."

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That interview this morning on 14:54 - May 17 with 2602 viewsfactual_blue

That interview this morning on 14:51 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

I'd kick you out if you spelled like that on your application.

And - let's be honest - who wants a kick up the jacksie from a moose?

That interview this morning on 14:54 - May 17 with 2604 viewsOldsmoker

That interview this morning on 14:52 - May 17 by factual_blue

So, basically, the recruiters hadn't a clue what they were doing.

You're well out of it.

I coulda been a contender.
I'm 65 and need work - actually, I just need money.

That interview this morning on 14:56 - May 17 with 2581 viewsSwansea_Blue

"You're obviously someone who can deal with a stressful situation and think and act clearly, so sorry, you're not for us."

Better off not being there I imagine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

That interview this morning on 14:57 - May 17 with 2568 viewsfactual_blue

That interview this morning on 14:54 - May 17 by Oldsmoker

Waitrose are nice people to work for.

Or Moose Armed Robbery Associates.

But the latter aren't quite so nice.

That interview this morning on 14:58 - May 17 with 2549 viewsSpruceMoose

That interview this morning on 14:57 - May 17 by factual_blue

Waitrose are nice people to work for.

Or Moose Armed Robbery Associates.

But the latter aren't quite so nice.

Better than working in the Moose Unprotected Bank Clerk division.

That interview this morning on 15:02 - May 17 with 2512 viewsSpruceMoose

I had one of these moronic interviews for Morrisons when I was 16 or so.

Even then, as an 16 year old ignoramus, I knew these recruitment people were utter melts and deserved my contempt.

To be honest, the 'interview' seems to be more about teasing and taunting some pretty desperate folk and inflating the recruiter's ego tan finding decent candidates. It really seemed like they wanted to know who would tolerate being bullied and pushed around.

Somehow, I ended up getting the gig there, quit about 2 months later. Awful employers. The interview told me everything I needed to know, I just didn't listen.

People forget sometimes, an interview goes both ways. You can tell a lot about an organisation from their interview practices.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 15:08]

That interview this morning on 15:02 - May 17 with 2498 viewsfactual_blue

That interview this morning on 14:58 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

Better than working in the Moose Unprotected Bank Clerk division.

There's a nice synergy there. Presumably you also have Sprucey's Stealing ATM Division, and Moose 24 hour ATM Replacement Services?

That interview this morning on 15:03 - May 17 with 2482 viewsSpruceMoose

That interview this morning on 15:02 - May 17 by factual_blue

There's a nice synergy there. Presumably you also have Sprucey's Stealing ATM Division, and Moose 24 hour ATM Replacement Services?

We take care of your whole Cash Keeping/Stealing ecosystem needs in a holistic and as violent a way as possible.

That interview this morning on 15:04 - May 17 with 2477 viewsfactual_blue

That interview this morning on 15:02 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

Even then, as an 16 year old ignoramus, I knew these recruitment people were utter melts and deserved my contempt.

To be honest, the 'interview' seems to be more about teasing and taunting some pretty desperate folk and inflating the recruiter's ego tan finding decent candidates. It really seemed like they wanted to know who would tolerate being bullied and pushed around.

Somehow, I ended up getting the gig there, quit about 2 months later. Awful employers. The interview told me everything I needed to know, I just didn't listen.

People forget sometimes, an interview goes both ways. You can tell a lot about an organisation from their interview practices.

How does one get a a tan for one's ego? Pretty strong SPF cream needed I imagine.

That interview this morning on 15:04 - May 17 with 2474 viewsfactual_blue

That interview this morning on 15:03 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

We take care of your whole Cash Keeping/Stealing ecosystem needs in a holistic and as violent a way as possible.

Making Britain Great Again.

That interview this morning on 15:07 - May 17 with 2454 viewsSpruceMoose

That interview this morning on 15:04 - May 17 by factual_blue

How does one get a a tan for one's ego? Pretty strong SPF cream needed I imagine.

I will refrain from editing my post to allow you your moment in the sun. But, if this was an interview I'd be making a bad note about you on my clipboard.

That interview this morning on 15:07 - May 17 with 2452 viewsHeathlander

That interview this morning on 14:54 - May 17 by Oldsmoker

Your age is why you didn't get it. I struggled to get interviews at 52 and when I did they gave rubbish reasons why I hadn't got the job.
That interview this morning on 15:15 - May 17 with 2391 viewsfactual_blue

That interview this morning on 15:07 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

I will refrain from editing my post to allow you your moment in the sun. But, if this was an interview I'd be making a bad note about you on my clipboard.

You couldn't afford me.

That interview this morning on 15:15 - May 17 with 2398 viewsDarkHorse

That interview this morning on 15:16 - May 17 with 2388 viewshomer_123

Did you ask/check what type of interview it was and what the role they were looking for was?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That interview this morning on 15:21 - May 17 with 2360 viewsOldsmoker

That interview this morning on 15:07 - May 17 by Heathlander

Your age is why you didn't get it. I struggled to get interviews at 52 and when I did they gave rubbish reasons why I hadn't got the job.

But you're not allowed to discriminate against gender, colour, race, religion or age because that's against the law.
And you're not allowed to exceed the speed limit and of course no-one does as that's against the law as well.

That interview this morning on 15:21 - May 17 with 2349 viewsSE1blue

Was this an interview to be Middlesborough's new manager?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

That interview this morning on 15:22 - May 17 with 2340 viewsOldsmoker

That interview this morning on 15:15 - May 17 by DarkHorse

You cut me deep Shrek, you cut me deep.

That interview this morning on 15:22 - May 17 with 2350 viewsitfcjoe

That interview this morning on 15:02 - May 17 by SpruceMoose

I did an online one for B&Q at 16 or so where you had to give yourself a score on 100 or so words to describe yourself.

Didn't get the job - said I was too much of a leader and it wasn't the sort of thing they were looking for as need someone to follow instructions.

Went to uni and re-applied down there with new address on system - tried to answer the other way and didn't get through as said I wouldn't be able to show initiative to complete tasks......!

One of my mates at uni did the assessment for a friend and didn't get through either - our mate had him sit it because he was the next big thing at B&Q. In the summer holidays between 1st and 2nd year he worked directly with one of the Directors and between the 2nd and 3rd year opened up a new store as manager in Milton keynes, but couldn't get through the system to be a shelfstacker!

EDIT - I haven't heard from him for years, so looked him up on LinkedIn and he is now Buying Director for Aldi, but these were his uni 'summer jobs'

"Reporting directly into the Regional HRA, I was responsible for setting up and delivering an action plan in an underperforming region of 10 stores to address and resolve the Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I’s) for a variety of Learning & Development (L&D) components. L&D is a company-wide initiative to provide a development framework for all store customer advisors, supervisors & experts both current and future. I was required to visit and monitor progress in stores and provide advice to store management for the best course of action to achieve success against company specified targets. On several occasions I personally organised and conducted presentations to a varied audience from shop-floor staff up to regional managers. I was delighted that one of the stores became among the best performing in the country due to its outstanding improvement."

and

"Responsible for developing and managing the process to recruit 250 employees for a new 185,000sq. ft. flagship B&Q Warehouse whilst simultaneously co-ordinating the HR function. Working directly with the General Store Manager I established a remote HR office and managed all personnel issues including hiring, payroll, the setup of store training plans, communicating with the local council to setup recruitment events and assessment centres. In particular I developed a pre-opening cost calculator to incorporate all staff and map them directly into the stores deployment template. The store opened on time with a full complement of trained staff."
[Post edited 17 May 2019 15:26]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That interview this morning on 15:25 - May 17 with 2305 viewsSE1blue

That interview this morning on 15:22 - May 17 by itfcjoe

I did an online one for B&Q at 16 or so where you had to give yourself a score on 100 or so words to describe yourself.

Didn't get the job - said I was too much of a leader and it wasn't the sort of thing they were looking for as need someone to follow instructions.

Went to uni and re-applied down there with new address on system - tried to answer the other way and didn't get through as said I wouldn't be able to show initiative to complete tasks......!

One of my mates at uni did the assessment for a friend and didn't get through either - our mate had him sit it because he was the next big thing at B&Q. In the summer holidays between 1st and 2nd year he worked directly with one of the Directors and between the 2nd and 3rd year opened up a new store as manager in Milton keynes, but couldn't get through the system to be a shelfstacker!

EDIT - I haven't heard from him for years, so looked him up on LinkedIn and he is now Buying Director for Aldi, but these were his uni 'summer jobs'

"Reporting directly into the Regional HRA, I was responsible for setting up and delivering an action plan in an underperforming region of 10 stores to address and resolve the Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I’s) for a variety of Learning & Development (L&D) components. L&D is a company-wide initiative to provide a development framework for all store customer advisors, supervisors & experts both current and future. I was required to visit and monitor progress in stores and provide advice to store management for the best course of action to achieve success against company specified targets. On several occasions I personally organised and conducted presentations to a varied audience from shop-floor staff up to regional managers. I was delighted that one of the stores became among the best performing in the country due to its outstanding improvement."

and

"Responsible for developing and managing the process to recruit 250 employees for a new 185,000sq. ft. flagship B&Q Warehouse whilst simultaneously co-ordinating the HR function. Working directly with the General Store Manager I established a remote HR office and managed all personnel issues including hiring, payroll, the setup of store training plans, communicating with the local council to setup recruitment events and assessment centres. In particular I developed a pre-opening cost calculator to incorporate all staff and map them directly into the stores deployment template. The store opened on time with a full complement of trained staff."
[Post edited 17 May 2019 15:26]

The most surprising thing here is that B&Q actually interview their staff.

Whenever I need something from them, the staff appear to be completely confused and unaware that they work in a DIY store.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024