Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... 22:25 - May 17 with 2571 viewsNthsuffolkblue

for safety reasons.

Not sure I would be very happy with that if I was a Doncaster fan etc.

Why are the away fans any more likely to cause trouble?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:27 - May 17 with 2553 viewsWD19

It’s a joke.

Even worse that the Doncaster players didn’t appear to know in advance.
Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:33 - May 17 with 2517 viewsArnieM

WTF have the police got to do with what goes on a football pitch. Ffs!!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:35 - May 17 with 2499 viewsRadlett_blue

The whole thing about where a penalty shoot-out is taken has long been controversial. I remember many managers getting agitated over this. I always thought there should be a toss of a coin and then the winner could choose either which end the shoot out should take place or which team goes first, with the loser having the other option.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 22:38]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:37 - May 17 with 2473 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:35 - May 17 by Radlett_blue

The whole thing about where a penalty shoot-out is taken has long been controversial. I remember many managers getting agitated over this. I always thought there should be a toss of a coin and then the winner could choose either which end the shoot out should take place or which team goes first, with the loser having the other option.
[Post edited 17 May 2019 22:38]

I believe that is how it should work. I assume as the police chose ends, Donny got to choose to kick first or second. I wonder how much players actually feel it affects them (in front of their own fans or not and taking first or second).

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:42 - May 17 with 2437 viewsstrikalite

Imo an advantage to take the pens in front of your home vocal support, actually a big advantage...

Local Police were they? Laughable...
Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:45 - May 17 with 2420 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:42 - May 17 by strikalite

Imo an advantage to take the pens in front of your home vocal support, actually a big advantage...

Local Police were they? Laughable...

I'm not sure it's the noise as much as all the fans waving their arms and doing all they can to put off the player taking the kick. I wonder how many players are affected by it.

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:56 - May 17 with 2377 viewsstrikalite

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 22:45 - May 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I'm not sure it's the noise as much as all the fans waving their arms and doing all they can to put off the player taking the kick. I wonder how many players are affected by it.

It can't help, if I was Grant McCann I'd have refused to take them, never heard anything like it, Sky haven't even mentioned it..
Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 23:51 - May 17 with 2242 viewsIP12

I listened to the radio commentary from BBC Radio London (No not 'Big L' for those of you that can remember that far back). The radio team were suggesting that the 'which end' situation was decided because items had been thrown on the pitch and at the players earlier in the match.
Login to get fewer ads

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 19:54 - May 18 with 1492 viewsbraveblue

Pure set up. They marched out at full time full of their own importance. League should take action.
Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 21:30 - May 18 with 1392 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Police decided penalties will be taken in front of Charlton fans ... on 23:51 - May 17 by IP12

I listened to the radio commentary from BBC Radio London (No not 'Big L' for those of you that can remember that far back). The radio team were suggesting that the 'which end' situation was decided because items had been thrown on the pitch and at the players earlier in the match.

If that is the case, it's fair enough and the fans' own fault.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024