Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a bunch of c@nts 23:25 - May 17 with 11722 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/17/senior-tories-warn-against-exte

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:27 - May 18 with 1526 viewsfooters

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:26 - May 18 by BackToRussia

Saint GB.

Posting about something on a League One football message board = doing something about it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:29 - May 18 with 1521 viewsBackToRussia

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:27 - May 18 by footers

Posting about something on a League One football message board = doing something about it.

Mate, he was elected a Tory councillor 3 times. That's basically like being canonised.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:30 - May 18 with 1515 viewsDarth_Koont

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:23 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

I have been critical of Bibi and his governments action in numerous occasions on here DK. I’m a supporter of a two state solution and believe Israel should return to its pre 1967 borders.

But I’ve also posted about the execution of homosexuals in Iran, the treatment of the Uyghurs in China, the bombings of Assad, Putin’s human rights record, the Rohingya persecution in Myanmar, Trump’s treatment of refugees and all manner of human rights abuses around the word.

Whereas you and your fellow travellers seem unhealthily obsessed with the world’s only Jewish State.

So....”Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.”

Because it's spilled over into a smear campaign in our domestic politics and also I've long been ashamed of the tacit support and even real political, economic and military support that the West has given Israel for far too long.

We're complicit in what's happening which annoys the feck out of me.

None of which limits my ability to see and condemn any other lamentable sh!t going on around the world. As you well know.

Edit: And our government is applying almost NO standards of behaviour for Israel. Like you, they also pay lip service to a two-state solution but just want to stand by and let that disappear with further annexation of the Palestinian territories. It also suits their own selfish career and party needs domestically to be utterly passive. It's a disgrace.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 11:37]

Pronouns: He/Him

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:30 - May 18 with 1515 viewsfooters

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:29 - May 18 by BackToRussia

Mate, he was elected a Tory councillor 3 times. That's basically like being canonised.

Those residential parking zones won't designate themselves, y'know.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:38 - May 18 with 1495 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Such a bunch of c@nts on 10:49 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

Bingo. We have a full house. Footers, DK, Banksy and now BTR.

“Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.”

For people who care so deeply about the rights of the Palestinian people I haven’t seen any of you post about Assad bombing 160,000 Palestinian refugees in Yarmouk.

And widening the net, I haven’t seen any of you post about the concentration camps in China that holds over one million Muslim Uyghurs.

I don’t recall seeing any of you post about the execution of homosexuals in Iran. The human rights abuses in Russia? Or the Rohingya persecution in Myanmar.

It’s as if you only seem to care about what Jewish people are doing. Just an observation like.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 10:52]

I'll take that as you accepting that conflation is occurring then!

“Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.”
........do you mean like not shooting thousands of civilians in the legs?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 12:06 - May 18 with 1452 viewsClapham_Junction

Such a bunch of c@nts on 11:23 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

I have been critical of Bibi and his governments action in numerous occasions on here DK. I’m a supporter of a two state solution and believe Israel should return to its pre 1967 borders.

But I’ve also posted about the execution of homosexuals in Iran, the treatment of the Uyghurs in China, the bombings of Assad, Putin’s human rights record, the Rohingya persecution in Myanmar, Trump’s treatment of refugees and all manner of human rights abuses around the word.

Whereas you and your fellow travellers seem unhealthily obsessed with the world’s only Jewish State.

So....”Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.”

The last two words of your last sentence ruins your argument though. Iran, China and Russia are not democratic nations. Myanmar is an odd case as it's often reported that its government is unable to control the army.

Are any other countries equivalent to Israel (in terms of being a modern, democratic nation) doing the kind of thing Israel is doing? If you look at OECD members, perhaps only Turkey, with its treatment of its Kurdish population (but I think it's certainly questionable these days as to whether Turkey is still a democratic country, and I doubt Israelis would appreciate being put on a par with Turkey).

This seems similar to when people criticise those who criticise Trump, asking why they're singling him out when there are plenty of terrible leaders.
Such a bunch of c@nts on 13:31 - May 18 with 1411 viewsBackToRussia

Such a bunch of c@nts on 12:06 - May 18 by Clapham_Junction

The last two words of your last sentence ruins your argument though. Iran, China and Russia are not democratic nations. Myanmar is an odd case as it's often reported that its government is unable to control the army.

Are any other countries equivalent to Israel (in terms of being a modern, democratic nation) doing the kind of thing Israel is doing? If you look at OECD members, perhaps only Turkey, with its treatment of its Kurdish population (but I think it's certainly questionable these days as to whether Turkey is still a democratic country, and I doubt Israelis would appreciate being put on a par with Turkey).

This seems similar to when people criticise those who criticise Trump, asking why they're singling him out when there are plenty of terrible leaders.

He won't answer this.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:45 - May 18 with 1371 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a bunch of c@nts on 12:06 - May 18 by Clapham_Junction

Are there any democratic countries under daily attack from terrorists launching rockets at their civilian population? It's worth remembering that Israel only expanded its borders after being attacked from all sides by its Arab neighbours.

We had a two state solution with partition in 1947. The Palestinians chose to go into exile rather than accept a two state solution.

This isn't excusing Israel's heavy handed treatment of the Palestinians but Hamas use human shields at the border protests with the hope that Israeli soldiers shoot a woman or a child. What do you imagine would happen if the IDF stood by and allowed thousands of Palestinians to breach its borders?

A couple of weeks ago Hamas launched over 600 missiles at Israeli civilians. Israel retaliated. A pregnant woman and her child were killed. There was universal condemnation of the action by Israel until it was revealed that she was killed by a Hamas rocket that fell short of it's target. Then the people condemning Israel went quiet.

Too many people seem to only see one side of the story.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:50 - May 18 with 1368 viewsbluejacko

Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:45 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

Are there any democratic countries under daily attack from terrorists launching rockets at their civilian population? It's worth remembering that Israel only expanded its borders after being attacked from all sides by its Arab neighbours.

We had a two state solution with partition in 1947. The Palestinians chose to go into exile rather than accept a two state solution.

This isn't excusing Israel's heavy handed treatment of the Palestinians but Hamas use human shields at the border protests with the hope that Israeli soldiers shoot a woman or a child. What do you imagine would happen if the IDF stood by and allowed thousands of Palestinians to breach its borders?

A couple of weeks ago Hamas launched over 600 missiles at Israeli civilians. Israel retaliated. A pregnant woman and her child were killed. There was universal condemnation of the action by Israel until it was revealed that she was killed by a Hamas rocket that fell short of it's target. Then the people condemning Israel went quiet.

The moral outrage on this board today on multiple threads is outstanding. Keep it up I am sure somebody important will notice.(not)
Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:52 - May 18 with 1364 viewsDarth_Koont

Of course. And no-one should think rocket attacks and Israeli deaths are justified either.

Why is Israel still annexing territory in the West Bank and blockading Gaza if they want peace? And why aren't we backing the UN on censure and sanctions?

It's pretty obvious that we think it politically expedient to not take a stand and to let a two-state solution slip away. Just as the more extreme, religiously intolerant and racist Israelis want.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 14:54]

Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:57 - May 18 with 1351 viewsGlasgowBlue

Such a bunch of c@nts on 13:31 - May 18 by BackToRussia

He won't answer this.

You really are a childish bellend. Haven't you got a violent revolution to organise? Or are you too busy getting stoned to bother?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Such a bunch of c@nts on 15:05 - May 18 with 1338 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:57 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

You really are a childish bellend. Haven't you got a violent revolution to organise? Or are you too busy getting stoned to bother?

Conflation??????

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 15:08 - May 18 with 1335 viewsBackToRussia

Such a bunch of c@nts on 14:57 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

Mad you couldn't let the thread slip off the front page like usual?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 15:11 - May 18 with 1311 viewsBackToRussia

They're getting rocketed because they started it. Simple.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 15:22 - May 18 with 1287 viewsClapham_Junction

No, there aren't any other countries in Israel's position. But that wasn't your point — you were claiming that people had double standards attacking Israel and not countries like Russia or China, but at the same time citing something claiming that it was double standards to compare Israel to other democratic countries.

Having lived there for several years and experienced bombings first hand, I don't need any lectures on the situation — one memory that stands out for me from my time there was the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades (linked to Fatah, the party of current President Abbas) sending a mentally challenged teenager to be a suicide bomber.

However, if you really think going into exile was a choice, you might want to read up on the reasons why many Palestinians left. Here's a primer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_1948_Palestinian_exodus

Benny Morris' work is some of the most detailed and his book is probably worth a read.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 15:23]
Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:03 - May 18 with 1251 viewsbluejacko

Such a bunch of c@nts on 15:11 - May 18 by BackToRussia

Now THAT is probably the most stupid post of the year!
Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:20 - May 18 with 1232 viewsDarth_Koont

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:03 - May 18 by bluejacko

Why?

Of course, the combatants on both sides aren't helping anything. But be interesting to see how you work that out.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:34 - May 18 with 1220 viewsbluejacko

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:20 - May 18 by Darth_Koont

Why?

Of course, the combatants on both sides aren't helping anything. But be interesting to see how you work that out.

So when did they start it? 10 20 years ago? It really is a bit simple to say ‘they’ started it.
Israel do not fire across the border first it is always in retaliation to rockets fired at them?
As to the rights and wrongs of the situation who knows how it can be sorted,but the OP’s
Post was a stupid comment.
Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:34 - May 18 with 1220 viewsBackToRussia

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:03 - May 18 by bluejacko

Yeah I'm sure you're a real intellectual.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:37 - May 18 with 1209 viewsBloomBlue

Such a bunch of c@nts on 15:11 - May 18 by BackToRussia

So if a country starts it the other country can continue it?

Does that mean we can finally nuke Gremany and Scotland
Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:39 - May 18 with 1205 viewsBackToRussia

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:37 - May 18 by BloomBlue

I'm sure you'd love that you mentalist.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:45 - May 18 with 1187 viewsBloomBlue

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:39 - May 18 by BackToRussia

I'm sure you'd love that you mentalist.

Well you said it was ok to attack Israel because they started it. Both mentalist then
Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:45 - May 18 with 1185 viewsbluejacko

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:34 - May 18 by BackToRussia

Yeah I'm sure you're a real intellectual.

Grow up!
Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:47 - May 18 with 1181 viewsDarth_Koont

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:37 - May 18 by BloomBlue

I bet that sounded funnier in your head.

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:49 - May 18 with 1174 viewsDarth_Koont

Such a bunch of c@nts on 16:34 - May 18 by bluejacko

So when did they start it? 10 20 years ago? It really is a bit simple to say ‘they’ started it.
Israel do not fire across the border first it is always in retaliation to rockets fired at them?
As to the rights and wrongs of the situation who knows how it can be sorted,but the OP’s
Post was a stupid comment.

Military attack and defence are one thing - and terrible that it's gone this far for so long.

But where do you see the illegal settlements and the blockade of Gaza? Attack or defence?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024