Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 07:40 - May 18 with 2653 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Was reading about his impressive goal scoring season for Leyton Orient. He could reach 50 goals for the season at Wembley this weekend.

I checked his Wikipedia page and it turns out he’s from Ipswich and was even in our academy up until the age of 13.

Reckon we should look to get him back?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Macauley Bonne on 08:39 - May 18 with 2534 viewsFtnfwest

Going tomorrow so I’ll provide a full report
Macauley Bonne on 10:13 - May 18 with 2391 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Macauley Bonne on 08:39 - May 18 by Ftnfwest

Please do!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Macauley Bonne on 10:28 - May 18 with 2375 viewsStenvict

Also going tomorrow.

My mate who is a STH at Orient says he gets about 20 chances per game and scores 1. He won't be good enough for us.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Macauley Bonne on 11:04 - May 18 with 2324 viewsFtnfwest

Macauley Bonne on 10:28 - May 18 by Stenvict

Also going tomorrow.

My mate who is a STH at Orient says he gets about 20 chances per game and scores 1. He won't be good enough for us.

I’ll be in the neutral club Wembley seats. This is the third year running of seeing both non league finals, it’s a good day out but you don’t really want the second game going to extra time and pens like it did last year as it lengthens the day a bit. Ideally you want the vase to go to ET to fill the time between finals!
Macauley Bonne on 11:11 - May 18 with 2310 viewspointofblue

No - we need to learn our lesson about signings too many players from lower leagues and expecting them to adapt; if the Norwood rumour get is true we already have one striker making the step up so we don’t need another, especially as he’d be doing a Jackson and climbing two divisions.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Macauley Bonne on 12:27 - May 18 with 2241 viewsCoco

50 for the season? Is that correct?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Macauley Bonne on 17:16 - May 18 with 2108 viewsScottCandage

Macauley Bonne on 11:11 - May 18 by pointofblue

No - we need to learn our lesson about signings too many players from lower leagues and expecting them to adapt; if the Norwood rumour get is true we already have one striker making the step up so we don’t need another, especially as he’d be doing a Jackson and climbing two divisions.

Normally I would agree with you except for the role of striker. A prolific goal scorer at any level obviously succeeds greatly in the one area you want them to succeed - scoring goals. Those type of players I love to take a look at from a lower level - that's how we will find the next Jamie Vardy - we can't expect prolific goal scorers to be dropped off at the Academy as babies.
Macauley Bonne on 17:33 - May 18 with 2049 viewswiffin1

He definitely hasn’t scored 50 goals this season, where did you get that from? I’m pretty sure he has scored 23.
Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 09:51 - May 19 with 1787 viewsNo9

"turns out he’s from Ipswich and was even in our academy up until the age of 13."

Is this another part of the 'Great Escape'?
Macauley Bonne on 10:15 - May 19 with 1738 viewsshamboy

(Macca left the club in extremely sad circumstances, not for public discussion)).

Perceived opinion in the game is that he is playing one league below his level. He is a great character to have around, scores freely right foot, left foot, head, but his greatest asset is his work rate, which is extraordinary. His conversion rate is statistically excellent, despite a comment here.

He lacks the finesse to take him to the very top, which is a great shame, but he will always make a good living in the lower leagues. He has had two great years at Orient. They won't be keen to sell him, not least because Colchester get an unusually large slice of the sell-on. Ipswich-based, with strong family support.
If Lambert wants someone to work the channels all day long, and get himself into the box when the occasion demands, Macca could do it. Personally, I think if he does go higher it will be to a Millwall-type side who play that style.
Macauley Bonne on 17:17 - May 19 with 1525 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure where 50 goals for the season comes from.

Appears to have scored 45 goals in non-league over 2 seasons for the O's after Col U decided he wasn't good enough for League 2.

If Jackson, Harrison and Norwood aren't worth giving chances to, I would not think he is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Macauley Bonne on 17:39 - May 19 with 1486 viewsyorkshire

Interesting Leeds back end of last year apparently - https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/transfer-rumours/leeds-interested-in-leyt
Macauley Bonne on 17:40 - May 19 with 1483 viewsSuperblue95

Macauley Bonne on 17:17 - May 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure where 50 goals for the season comes from.

Appears to have scored 45 goals in non-league over 2 seasons for the O's after Col U decided he wasn't good enough for League 2.

If Jackson, Harrison and Norwood aren't worth giving chances to, I would not think he is.

So he could still reach 50 goals this season but he would have to score quite a few in his last match

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Macauley Bonne on 17:48 - May 19 with 1459 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Macauley Bonne on 17:40 - May 19 by Superblue95

So he could still reach 50 goals this season but he would have to score quite a few in his last match

Yes, something like 27 or so.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Macauley Bonne on 18:02 - May 19 with 1401 viewsSuperblue95

Macauley Bonne on 17:48 - May 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, something like 27 or so.

Easy

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024